Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Exclusive
Serious_Much
SirArchmage
Dusk Soul
Automancer
9 posters

Do people still co-op for Pikachu&Snorlax?

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Do people still co-op for Pikachu&Snorlax? Empty Do people still co-op for Pikachu&Snorlax?

Post by Automancer Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:10 am

I've recently returned to DkS after a long break and i'm itching to do tons of co-op especially with O&S. Is it still active there?
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Do people still co-op for Pikachu&Snorlax? Empty Re: Do people still co-op for Pikachu&Snorlax?

Post by Dusk Soul Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:47 am

Not sure on general; but I summon at least one phantom when fighting them (I am on PS3 for the record)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Do people still co-op for Pikachu&Snorlax? Empty Re: Do people still co-op for Pikachu&Snorlax?

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:00 am

Sometimes, I take my SL 55 there to invade and see lot of hosts with one, or two phantoms, so I guess it is still active.
    There's a lot of new players and Pokemon duo are still pretty tough to deal with.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:09 am

For me on Xbox it seems to be the most active co-op spot there is. Dozens of signs there all the time, and questers without phantoms are rare for me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:00 pm

O&S is generally the most active coop spot in Dark Souls, due to their difficulty and lack of being able to win without any skill soloing.. So I think there should be signs and plenty of hosts to help.

I'm not sure where people like to coop from, but i certainly put my sign down right at the start as the very new players will need help right from the get go
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:05 pm

We mustn't forget about one of the forums user made covenants, that invades in Anor and Sen's. Those guys are surely a part of the reason why there's so much co-op going on.
    Nobody likes to get killed by an invader one step before the boss fog, after clearing the entire Anor Londo, or Sen's.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm

One of the user covs invades in anor and sens? I mean i guess messengers of velka do but there's only like 6/7 of them that are active..
    Exclusive
    Exclusive
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Exclusive Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:22 pm

It's a very active place to see summon signs, I recently beat them at level 5 and saw a couple of signs, but when I'm around Level 40, I always see loads of signs.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:One of the user covs invades in anor and sens? I mean i guess messengers of velka do but there's only like 6/7 of them that are active..
    Those bloodthirsty SL 55 guys prime Anor, no?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:One of the user covs invades in anor and sens? I mean i guess messengers of velka do but there's only like 6/7 of them that are active..
    Those bloodthirsty SL 55 guys prime Anor, no?

If you're referring to the darkstalkers they prowl new londo I thought.. It's the whole darkwraith thing isn't it? Idk aint looked at their lore in a while so they've probably expanded to invading even the darkroot garden and catacombs silly
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 am

Been there recently with lvl 20 thru 50 and was active
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:07 am

Sentiel wrote:We mustn't forget about one of the forums user made covenants, that invades in Anor and Sen's. Those guys are surely a part of the reason why there's so much co-op going on.
    Nobody likes to get killed by an invader one step before the boss fog, after clearing the entire Anor Londo, or Sen's.

Thought I'd run and enter the fog gate the other day, only to be back stabbed, while entering. My eyes fogged over b4 I saw O &S. I died .
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:13 pm

I'm not sure if it's intended, or if it's thanks to lag, but you can actually pull the host from the boss fog as long as you're still in backstab range.

My lady had the same experience as you. She got invaded in Anor Londo, but was ill prepared for PvP, so i told her to run to the boss. She did and as she was entering the fog, the invader pulled her out from the fog with a bs and killed her. First time I saw it so I was pretty shocked.

I tried doing it myself, but 99% of people will rather fight you with absolutely no chance to win, rather than challenge the boss. I did some low SL invasions and used things like Demon Greataxe, Smough's Armor etc. Anything to look scary and intimidating, so that the host would rather try to run away instead of fighting me. Still. Nobody ever tried to run, or hide. All hosts started swinging blindly, or tried to summon help.

The only time I managed to do this, was one guy, who was obviously waiting for the invader in Parish, by the fog and entered the fog as soon as the invader spawned. I managed to pull him out of the fog, to his great surprise and death by plunging attack.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:51 pm

Exclusive wrote:It's a very active place to see summon signs, I recently beat them at level 5 and saw a couple of signs, but when I'm around Level 40, I always see loads of signs.

Yeah.
    Last time I was there was at 40-ish and I saw way more signs than I previously had at 50-60.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:12 pm

I coop there all the time on my sl55s, very busy.  Best spots for me is right at the start, followed by the 2nd bonfire.  But I do like to put a sign in places like near the main door switch, or outside near the blacksmith door, you'll often get summoned by desperate hosts being chased by invaders.  Ooh those guys get upset when their "victim" finds a "lucky" WSS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:36 am