Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Reaperfan
The Once-Ler
densetsushun
FinPeku
8 posters

Making a new build... Using sorcery

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Making a new build... Using sorcery - Page 2 Empty Re: Making a new build... Using sorcery

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:59 am

I admit that I'm either gonna go with the épée rapier or black turpentine as yeah, visually they're the best by a country mile.

Reaper gets it, if I can't win anyway I might as well look damn good losing winking
    befowler
    befowler

Making a new build... Using sorcery - Page 2 Empty Re: Making a new build... Using sorcery

Post by befowler Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:50 am

Real men use mail breakers.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Black turpentine on a Sharp Secret Dagger. My favorite buffed weapon in the whole game. Backstab
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Buck up and go hyper. Not much separates you from a good hyper player at that point. Just connect once with a soul ray. A fine tuned nuke mage can fell Flamelurker in 3 hits or so.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:17 am

Not gonna lie I'm strongly considering inducing hyper mode to make short work of bosses (though on flamelurker I don't trust my dodging ability to even get off 3 clean hits without receiving damage), but wouldn't it b kinda boring to use hypermode in PvP? One hit death sounds sorta meh
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:42 am

Hyper or not, you're life as a mage in pvp is going to depend on maximizing your damage per hit. You just don't have enough at your disposal to make matches last long. Cast times are generally too long to be able to apply pressure like you can in Dark. Basically you've got to connect and hit hard when you do.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 pm

You don't need Hyper Mode as a mage. All you need is Homing Soul Arrow. Seriously. You're talking about 3-hitting Flamelurker? It's literally only 3 casts with a mage build on NG+7 to kill the guy with that spell even without Hyper Mode. With Hyper Mode you're looking at 1 shotting it. That spell's ridiculously broken in PvE.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Well thanks for that advice, but I may yet take the insanity catalyst. we'll see happy

I wasn't thinking of hypermode really, but the damage addition will be looked for. I mean as dumb as monks hat look, it's probably necessary
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I mean as dumb as monks hat look, it's probably necessary

Sadly, yes. The only other headgear to benefit a caster is the Silver Coronet, and while having the extra one or two spellcasts between spices it gives would be nice, it's hardly as nice as simply having enough extra damage so you have to cast one or two less spells to kill things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm