Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Aendron
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
Animaaal
Forum Pirate
Shakie666
hey its andres
Myztyrio
Wilkinson3424
Serious_Much
White Knight Wulf
SirArchmage
Derpwraith
18 posters

Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape?

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape? Empty Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape?

Post by Derpwraith Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:26 am

Apparently you cannot use toggle escape in Dark Souls II, I heard this from a lot of people in the chatbox of a Dark Souls PvP livestream on twitch, and the person livestreaming his gameplay. (he had a microphone to speak to his viewers)

Though I don't even use toggle escape in Dark Souls I thought that would make PvP a lot more harder for people who have low poise and usually rely on toggle escape. And low poise is a bad thing to have in Dark Souls PvP in my opinion.

I have not confirmed this so someone please do, and what do you think about no toggle escape?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape? Empty Re: Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape?

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 am

No toggle escaping!!?!
    Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape? 5919_-_animated_gif_dean_winchester_monochrome_reaction_image_sam_winchester_supernatural
    Now I can actually use my strength weapons that stunlock to full effectiveness! I hate toggle-escaping. One of the vital perks of strength weapons is stunlocking, and when I try to use it only to get toggle-escaped then parried, it greatly lowers the effectiveness.

Last edited by SirArchmage on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape? Empty Re: Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape?

Post by Sentiel Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:07 am

I like it.
    No more escaping stunlocks. twisted

To be fair though, if there would be no Toggle Escape, there should be no Dead Angles as well. If someone would bypass your shield with DA and stunlocked you, it would be impossible to escape and unfair, since you couldn't block, nor parry the attack either. But this depends on the available weapons, movesets etc.

We mustn't forget that DkS II runs on a new engine, so it's possible that the current exploits won't work, but there will be many new ones instead. 

I wonder where this information originates from.
    I believe I saw all vids and read all articles about DkS II and I can't recall anyone mentioning Toggle Escapes and PvP at all. Hoax perhaps? Remember sparing Sif and Pendant ending? People like to make up stuff, especially in Souls so DkS II will be no exception.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:51 am

It makes sense since toggle escaping was never intended by from
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 pm

good, its an exploit and I guess they finally could fix it due to the change in game engine, perhaps dead angles will be out too.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Definitely needs to be removed. Then refine stunlocks into knockdowns after a poise threshold, remove dead angles and we're well on the way to a decent pvp setup happy
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:23 pm

I don't take advantage of any form of exploit for this reason, if a sequel or patch comes out then I don't need to be devastated from not being able to use boring tactics like dead angling or toggle escaping.

So this is neutral to me, hopefully the exploiters get better at the game as it is intended instead of looking for more exploits to be good again, But I don't really care.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 pm

SirArchmage wrote:No toggle escaping!!?!
    Dark Souls II to not have toggle escape? 5919_-_animated_gif_dean_winchester_monochrome_reaction_image_sam_winchester_supernatural
    Now I can actually use my strength weapons that stunlock to full effectiveness! I hate toggle-escaping. One of the vital perks of strength weapons is stunlocking, and when I try to use it only to get toggle-escaped then parried, it greatly lowers the effectiveness.

Seriously! In theory slow str weapons make up for it if you can stun lock someone. Normally in pvp, however, I just see people either roll or simply walk out of a swing of the butcher knife.Bad day 

I'm sure most of us knew this already though, considering that toggle escape is an issue with the engine. I just hope that any new exploits aren't as, well, exploitable or diminishing to the overall pvp experience.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:14 pm

It's just another reason strength builds will be so overcompensated in Dark Souls 2, get ready for some fun head clonkin' silly
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Not necessarily. They added dual wielding, which by the looks of it looks to be a dex thing. We'll see.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 pm

What str weapons are you people using?

Most str weapons don't stunlock. Axes don't, great axes don't, the msgs doesn't, the dgm (the only str based ugs) doesn't.

At present its really only hammers (for str weapons) that stunlock.

That arguement is bogus just on that alone, never mind that you can dead angle around a toggle parry or just hitstun bs them after that first hit.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 pm

if something like toggle escape doesn't work in dks 2 its likely that dead angles won't work either, also bs mechanics are being changed so we don't know if bs's even work if an opponent is in a stun animation etc (from has gotten so much flak for the bs mechanic, we have no idea how its been changed except tha you have no Invincibility while doing them). Also str weapons will probably have different movesets in dks 2 so those weapon class generalizations regarding stunlock ability don't really apply...

once again its hard to say what it'll be like based on the current game and a few videos, still though if they've managed to fix toggle escape other things might be fixed too, like fricking covenant offerings only being given one at a time!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:51 pm

I'm not sure who you're responding too, but if its me, you've missed the point of my post.

I was merely telling them that their arguments are flawed, and why, not making any specific assertion either way on the topic of the toggle escape.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 am

Escaping stunlocks is one thing. Canceling stagger animation is another.
    I use Demon's Great Hammer (Asylum Demon's weapon), because it has decent R2 that can pancake people. To be quite frank, I have no idea if it can stunlock, or no as I don't bother with it. Even if I used Zwei, I don't mind guys Toggle Escaping my stunlocks as much as I mind those canceling the stagger animation when I break their Poise.

"Yes! I finally landed a hit on my opponent."
    However, to make up for their lower Poise, they use Toggle Escape to tank the hit and Hornet bs me before I can do anything. That's what I hate about Toggle Escapes. I think it doesn't work on pancake and flying attacks as nobody ever Toggled out of those in my fights, but those are super easy to just strafe bs punish.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:12 am

derp on my part pirate, so... no toggle bs, that's actually a great point sent, I really hated it when people toggled out of my great axe hits and just continued fishing...part of why I switched to a server. also maybe we should ask noob of artorias as he's actually gotten his hands on the demo, maybe he can confirm about toggle escape being gone.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:22 am

I hope you mean that he played it on an event. If he has some sort of demo at his home, I'm going to NSA to give me his adress, paint myself red and go invade his house.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:51 am

he was at comic con iirc, lol and just in general he said the controls DO feel like dark souls, though the demo had crappy controllers.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:50 pm

What I care more about is how their implementation of a "Back-stab Defense System" is working. Fishers are easy to kill, but the they ruin the game.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:What str weapons are you people using?

Most str weapons don't stunlock. Axes don't, great axes don't, the msgs doesn't, the dgm (the only str based ugs) doesn't.

At present its really only hammers (for str weapons) that stunlock.

That arguement is bogus just on that alone, never mind that you can dead angle around a toggle parry or just hitstun bs them after that first hit.
    Yes it does! I used to use it all the time before many people knew about toggle escaping and I stunlocked loads of people to death with it. Its easy to toggle escape from now since it swings so slowly, but its still quick enough to stunlock.

I'm also pretty sure i've stunlocked people in the past with great axe's (specifically the demon's greataxe). It doesn't usually happen since it has quite a narrow hitbox, but i'm sure i've stunlocked people for at least a couple of hits.

Also: why can't axes stunlock when hammers can? Don't they have basically the same moveset?

EDIT: To answer the OP - yes, toggle escaping should go, but only if you also remove dead angling (not that either of them should be in the game to begin with...)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:53 pm

No, it doesn't. They can roll out after any hit, without a toggle, they just have to be quick

Axes are slower.

Greataxes could, but got nerfed, and now can't.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Well it sounds like I won't be playing DkS2 online much then.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Sentiel wrote:I hope you mean that he played it on an event. If he has some sort of demo at his home, I'm going to NSA to give me his adress, paint myself red and go invade his house.

&%$#ing lol. Ya, he played it. Ima paint myself red and....lol! 
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Greataxes got nerfed? Lame. They only needed to nerf the BKGA for god's sake... Though I could've sworn i'd stunlocked people with them since the update, maybe they were just being slow.

Seriously, why do people want to keep toggle escapes? Stunlocking is the only thing big, slow weapons have going for them. We've got enough katana/spear/DWGR tryhards as it is.

Last edited by Shakie666 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:21 pm

I'm really only going to be cool with toggle escape being removed if stunlocking is removed as well.  I sort of see Toggle escape as the fix to Stunlocking as is, just like how I see dead angles as a fix to turtles for melee builds when the Shotel might not be available.  If there are other work arounds alright.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:55 am

Derpwraith wrote:Apparently you cannot use toggle escape in Dark Souls II, I heard this from a lot of people in the chatbox of a Dark Souls PvP livestream on twitch, and the person livestreaming his gameplay. (he had a microphone to speak to his viewers)

Though I don't even use toggle escape in Dark Souls I thought that would make PvP a lot more harder for people who have low poise and usually rely on toggle escape. And low poise is a bad thing to have in Dark Souls PvP in my opinion.

I have not confirmed this so someone please do, and what do you think about no toggle escape?
     Low poise players like me don't even need toggle escape if they are good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am