Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
lextune
reim0027
Unforseen
PlasticandRage
ublug
aceluby
strangejoy
Green__Eagle
CrackSouls
SmittyRomps
Yarxov
befowler
callipygias
Serious_Much
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
SlakeMoth
ARSP
Wade_Wilson
22 posters

Gifting in the burg: my story and opinion

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Gifting in the burg: my story and opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: Gifting in the burg: my story and opinion

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:34 pm

By accepting ultra extravagant gifts like that you're indirectly supporting BB glitchers. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just my humble opinion
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Gifting in the burg: my story and opinion - Page 2 Empty Re: Gifting in the burg: my story and opinion

Post by Unforseen Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Gifters like this are causing the game to not be as much of a challenge to new players. I'm glad that i played through my first 7 playthroughs offline and without any internet help, it was definitely a challenge and a lot of fun at the same time.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 pm

IMO, gifting at SL 120 is a good thing. Gifting a lower levels, not so much. For those PvPers, 120 is the cap (or close to it), and most of their build is complete. The gifts help them fine tune it. I.E. dropping a slab for multiple consecutive victories. Might help them go from a +4 to +5 weapon. Or, dropping humanity for them to heal.

I see the argument about making the game easier. But, for a PvPer, whose game is complete, these gifts can be great.
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:04 pm

At that level it isn't as bad because gifters are only saving those people that extra time that would have been used for farming. But at lower levels it could damage a new player's progression skill-wise.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 pm

callipygias wrote:One of the most exciting summons for me is when my level 7 guy in the burg gets summoned to help kill havel. The experience was ruined once when a 2nd phantom showed all armored up and with Quelaag's Furysword. They changed what should've been a study in patience and skill to a massacre.

This thread reminded me of that. You don't want to make the game TOO easy.

I messaged them that using the bb glitch to assist hosts against bb glitch invaders is noble, but I recommended switching back to standard gear against the engine. He responded favorably, but I don't know if I changed his mind. Besides, there are probably many others who do that as well.

I coop in the burg and do exactly that.

I have a +3 Claymore for the engine, and if/when we are invaded by a greifer I switch to a +5 Chaos Claymore. It is pretty great.
    VIcious72

Post by VIcious72 Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:57 am

Wow, this just happened to me for the first time last night. I summoned a guy in the depths, using my first character that I'm trying to rehab - my controller slipped and I accidentally hit Petrus, and didn't know til reading this board that I could get everyone off my back by paying the sin amount, which I did - so I'm pretty low level and I'm in the Depths. I happen to be human (which is rare) and I see a couple of summons, so I figure, why not?

The guy was awesome. He helped (by help, I mean damn near killed everything) and we got through to the boss and whooped his ***. Anyway, before that, he dropped a barbed straight blade (no bonus) and a spiked shield plus a humanity.

I sent him a hearty thank you. I have since improved the barbed straight sword, but I thought it was an incredibly nice gift for summoning someone WHO HELPED ME!!!

Super ascended stuff probably shouldn't be dropped for low level guys as it throws off the balance.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:25 am

I farm tons of titanite Chunks while fighting my way to the Black Knight with the Red Chunks, so I make quite a lot of Crystal Sword Hilts to pass out. lol

The worst I'll do is Black Knight swords in the Forest, and that's just my garbage disposal due to how many I end up with due to farming chunks, though most of these just get left in the worlds of farmers.

I find gifting weapons, armors, and items to players who are no where near the level to be receiving them to be a huge issue that I really hate. I will admit, I BB glitch just for PvP purposes, I plan on doing it with my next character for fight club so I don't have to farm for Tridents and other magic weapons. However when I play through I use items appropriate for the area because I don't want to get soft. This has annoyed me enough to the point that I just don't summon people anymore. I will help others but again, area appropriate gear. I don't want to one shot the Taurus Demon. If I see a host begging for high level items I just crystal out. I also refuse to invade at such levels because being a person who does SL 120 PvP, I find it very unfair to many new players for me to invade their world and just wreck them.

I use the BB glitch, but I do think it should be removed. Too many abuse it and the negative way outweighs the good.
    justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by justwant2play Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:32 am

I think the BB glitch should be removed. Though it has its perks it is ruining the game as a whole.

I know a guy who BB glitched over and over until he maxed out on all the slabs. He gave me 20. I knew how he got it but I couldn't refuse his generous offer. :|
    PsychoCT

Gifting in the burg: my story and opinion - Page 2 Empty My lucky break

Post by PsychoCT Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:31 am

One night i was pvping in the garden and as i invaded someone i saw a gift on the ground of course i pick it up inside are 99 titanite slabs later on the same night i find another item it is 99 demon titanite I was ecstatic even though someone probably glitched to get them i kept them and have given them away to good hosts or helpful summonees.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 pm

For my new character (the one I designed to be a tank) I was stuck at boss fight with O&S and I summoned a girl (i'm just going by her avatar her gamertag was neutral) and she left me a black night sword +5 this was a great gift to recieve and since I was in Anor Londo it isn't game breaking. And the fact that I already had a black knight sword +3 (still saved me about 25,000).
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:03 pm

You shouldve Duel wielded xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am