Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 11 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Paragon Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:32 pm

FFS, I keep missing the guerilla warfare events!!!

To be fair I wouldnt have been able to do it the 21st anyway because i was away from my PS3 but still. I dont like not being able to participate, GW is my favorite thing in Dark Souls. grrrrrr

Anyway, as im sure all yall are aware, the announced date for DKSII is March 11. I might be out of the loop but I think that this is just a recent announcement. If not then im probably an idiot and you can disregard this part of the message big grin 

In other news, once i get my chord back from a friend here at college i will be playing dark souls again. If any of yall are on ps3 and you wanna duel or co-op some **** then send me a pm and we will sally forth into glorious adventure.

NEVER STOP FIGHTING!
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 11 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:43 pm

yeah its on marth 11, think i might get the collectors edition of it
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Hey, sorry to be MIA for so long (since shortly after I joined, no less) but college has been kicking my ***. Once things get more settled down and I know I can commit to the covenant I'll let y'all know. There's also the matter of my partially-broken controller which makes invading fools kinda complicated :/
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:15 pm

I've been quiet for a while again -- but don't think I'm not keeping an :blue-orb:  on things.  It's good to see a few more old friends checking in again.  I hope to see more of all of you.  I'm particularly excited to see Paragon will be back in action soon.  Hope to have you back soon as well, Heretic.  As for your controller issues...

I stumbled across this video a while ago and have linked it before.  I got a replacement for a broken control before I found it, but thanks to this fix I have a backup now.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:54 pm

hey people im gonna try to invade for the rest of the night if anyone wants to say hi ill be in the chat.

also good to see you guys again wave
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 pm

lol nvm just remembered i had homework, well at least i got one hour in
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:37 am

For the record I am not leaving this place it is just the game has finally hit the stop sign for me. Been fun but I can not play it on a normal basis. More like if I do play the game it will be on my definition of a blue moon.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:08 am

I got a message in dark AL today saying: "Let's play a game of hide n seek". rolling eyes rolling eyes Look Skyward  Even if that weren't completely stupid and lame it just tells me right where he is.  I send back:

"ur lame

this is played out & stupid.  inb4 u die drastically"

The message may seem a tad harsh and it's normally not my style to initiate smack talk.  But, most of you know I don't have patience for trolls and I take sadistic delight in killing them in dramatic, interesting and ironic ways.  I find the fog ring users and people who hide in dark AL particularly annoying (or anywhere else -- but, the size and lack of light make it more annoying there).  I was offended that he thought he was so cute and clever while being very much the opposite on both accounts. Unfortunately, he wasn't totally hiding.  He was in full giants (no fog ring) on the ledge near the spot with the Dragon Slayer Great Bow.  I was hoping he'd have the fog ring on and be on be on the little ledge below so I could R2 him off. big grin He dropped to the spot with the great bow and tried to do a firestrom.  I made quick work of him; sandwiching an R1 with two MLGS R2s. silly   

A few other good ones: I was also 60 HP from a flawless on a spawn gank where I got twopped twice.  And I got revenge on a guy with some serious lag that I couldn't kill yesterday (made him heal himself & a white at least once from near death at least once each invasion though).  Especially odd was the white I couldn't BS.  I'd chalk it up to lag, but I did a regular R1 right behind him while he was casting twop.  I just stumbled across a possible explanation, well confirmation of my suspicions really.  

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:27 am

nice. 
    lol in dark anor londo i do sneaky hiding techniques on the trolls and gankers. There was this one guy and his friend who kept spawn ganking people. So as soon as i invaded in i bolted and ran through anor londo, didn't stop running until they gave up on chasing me. My plan was to just wait for some back up and then do a 2 v 2 battle but after about 10 mins i figured no one was gonna show up and decided to just do a suicide charge on the gank team. I came up to the phantom who was just standing in the O&S room. I looked around didn't see the host so i bsed the phantom, this got the guy moving but i did my next attack before he could even bring his shield up and he died. I then searched around for the host for a good for a good 5 mins. I ended up finding him in the princess chamber in a corner by the door. He was also afk tongue so i bsed him and then finished him off with my R1. moral of the story never, go afk when someone invades u. 

another time this guy messaged me "saying bring it on" this person was also ganking and healing. So as soon as i saw they were ganking i started running. The plan this time was just to seperate the two long enough for me to kill one. after about five minutes the host got annoyed and decided to take off all his armor in order to catch up to me. As soon as there was a good enough distance between him and his phantom i immediately turned around and killed him in two hits tongue.   

I love being sneaky, I'll fight a straight up dual if the person isn't ganking and its a 1 v 1 fight otherwise i'll get creative and use just about any trick i can think of. U gank u deserve no honor MUHAHAHA
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:29 am

Also think we should do some kind of event for halloween? like everyone dress up in the scariest costumes they can think of and invade people. The hosts have to give some kind of item to the invaders and if the hosts don't give an item the invaders do some kind of trick to them. Idk its just a thought.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:16 am

Speaking of 1v2s 2v2s and all that... our no-ganking rule applies to hosting only.  Please, please, PLEASE if you invade someone follow the kill at all costs rule and join in with your fellow blues.  I see blues stand and watch me fight a host who has healed 3 times... after I killed his white and it really pisses me off.  Not only is facing two blues the nature of the beast in dark AL, but it's our duty to kill sinners and a vast majority of hosts are ganking, were ganking or trying to find a sign to gank.  So please do not stand idly by and watch our brothers & sisters in blue go down fighting the good fight.  Those who stand by refusing to gank are in reality often just supporting gankers.  Just watch the reds... I just now invaded a guy and the red got to him first.  I finished the host off and the red tried to BS me. twistedevil  Bad idea... I was totally ready for it and killed him too. twisted 

Also... for any forest hunters: don't throw Lloyd's at hosts in the forest either if you don't want to 2v1.  Either gank or don't.  I've had forest hunters show up and hit me with Lloyd's after I killed one in a 2v1 and the remaining guy has healed multiple times.  Ok, /rant Rant

@Godzilla -- Well done.  I saw the chat too -- good work!  I like the idea of doing a little something for Halloween.  I don't we're going to be able to control what the hosts do in any meaningful way -- even  if we could it's unlikely we'd invade the ones that were participating.  A theme night might be cool though.  Cosplay as death or other Halloween type stuff.  I've never put a buff on the great scythe... I think I have a build that could do it no prob, too.  devil   
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:02 am

I might get on a bit tomorrow. I if I do I will be where I always was.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:20 am

always was?? no idea where that is lol
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:50 am

The answer exists for those who read carefully.  This thread will give the background info as well as provide some entertainment.  The good Captain has rightly rejected the premise that he should 'challenge' this guy and instead in effect said: 'come find me'.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:
    @Godzilla -- Well done.  I saw the chat too -- good work!  I like the idea of doing a little something for Halloween.  I don't we're going to be able to control what the hosts do in any meaningful way -- even  if we could it's unlikely we'd invade the ones that were participating.  A theme night might be cool though.  Cosplay as death or other Halloween type stuff.  I've never put a buff on the great scythe... I think I have a build that could do it no prob, too.  devil     
    Yeah i'm definetly thinking of grim reaper cosplays. The problem is im having trouble with what they can do thats related to halloween except some kind of mass invasion in the tomb of the giants, or maybe some kind of dualing event.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:41 am

hey guys had not said anything in awhile just wanted to let you know i am still at it.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Good to hear from you.  Where are you on your scouting missions?  Be sure to check out the 'how to rank up' portion of the OP.  We made a change to the process.  And be sure to check in more often!  That goes for everyone else too!  It's getting eerily quiet around here at times.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Well I got overworked last weekend and spent time with mom so no return to the game...or this weekend too. Meh Cant do much on it.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:06 pm

I did do some invading today, but nothing really worth talking about
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:28 pm

if you changed it from (ten kills on ten separate) occasions to (ten kills on four separate occasions) ive already completed the mission.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:17 pm

PhyscoAsaSin55 wrote:if you changed it from (ten kills on ten separate) occasions to (ten kills on four separate occasions) ive already completed the mission.
    Congratulations!  You are hereby rank 2, Priest.  Keep up the good work.  Apply any extra ears to your next set of missions.

Iceman, you better sharpen that chaos blade!  We've got two Xboxers at rank 2 now.  Soon they will need to prove themselves for rank 3.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Soon as in a date yet to be determined Hugh. As it stands now with me either I play during the day for a bit or Saturday nights when possible. I have classes for two important tests for college now through November. Priority first over the game.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Double post but for the first time in three months I have returned for a day. Needless to say, and to sum it up: I had 5 duels in the township lost 4 yet they were good fights which I held my ground pretty good.

I won the 4th fight invading as a DM where the guy was a tarkus/elite knight mix who tried to bs me to death, and stunlocked me which both failed him. When he moved back to heal I two-hand bs him then he ran to the fog wall in the township healed right when I threw a great fireball, healed myself and killed him while he was healing. Some things never change.

Turns out paragon and psyhco were dueling and after some messages fought at the painted world only after I got my sl 80 out of the catacombs which.....I got lost in. Well it was fun while I could be on.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:03 pm

no worries soris i think its going to be awhile before i can even challenge u to go up to the next rank. My invasions in the forest are going super slow, takes about 20 mins to get one for me. township is the only place i can get a good amount of invasions. I have no idea whats its going to be like to the invade the tomb of giants or the kiln but last i tried kiln it was even slower than forest lol
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:14 am

Welcome back Iceman!Praise the Sun 

I've been working on building a character from scratch for the Guerrilla Warfare event.  I don't really like it. sad But, I tested another idea and I like the new one.  Now I just have to start from scratch again (MM is banned for Guerrilla Warfare).  But, I did some invasions and got some good kills.  I invaded a quester with two phantoms trying to take out the archers with bows in AL.  The phantoms kept shooting arrows at me from the little 'island' with the last two bat demons.  The host aparently got tired of them screwing around (they're clearly not going to kill me with arrows and moving forward is stupid) so he charged in.  Unfortunately, I actually whiffed a cast (not sure how)... but, I hit a MLGS R2 follow-up on the host and knocked him off the walkway! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am