Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Marino.
skarekrow13
billy_bayonet
WaffleGuy
Hart
SirArchmage
Murkulanvippi
Tolvo
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Ghadis_God
15 posters

So long, and thanks for all the fish,

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

So long, and thanks for all the fish, Empty So long, and thanks for all the fish,

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 am

so sad that it has come to this…

Well not really. My departure from this forum has been a long time coming, the first reason being my relative lack of interest in Dark Souls as of late. I haven’t been playing as long during the past few months, haven’t bothered to finish builds I've started (screw using the mega mule, I earn my builds) and haven’t even been able to pay enough attention to my new Gravelord covenant. I’ve stopped discovering new things, pushed the limits of experimentation, and hit the peak of my ability having been ranked 68th in the PS3 1v1 arena; there were fewer than a handful of players I knew who could defeat me reliably and absolutely none who I couldn't put up a good fight against.

I discussed builds, maximized stats and armor, annoyedly pointed noobs from the general discussion section in the right direction, and roleplayed in covenant events. From Tolvo’s first “Glory to Alvina” threads I’ve been lurking the forum, and joined only to discuss with my fellow Forest Hunters. I improved my skills, joined the Darkstalkers. I’ve hunted hosts, dueled with the best, spanked ganks, and journeyed through Lordran with all of you here on the forum, whether our worlds came in contact or not. Even just as blue shadows in a dark place and orange messages glowing like fire, you are still all my friends, to some degree or another. But it’s time for me to go.

I’ve got obligations in a world where only the internal fire must be kindled. It takes one’s humanity indeed, but this flame must constantly be fed. It requires so much, and it gets hungrier the more I feed it. Without the pretentious metaphors, I have obligations. Obligations in a world where no one takes the trouble to praise the sun. Summer is coming to an end, and even in these months of inaction my interest in Dark Souls and my participation in the forums has hollowed. When I begin working on my major, leading my club, maybe founding a new one, dealing with friends and women, parties, concerts, and all the other frightful bosses to overcome… I can’t see myself continuing with Dark Souls; devoting my time to either the forum or game is something I cannot see happening- I don’t like to use the word impossible. This October, it will be two years since I bought the game.  Two years, and I’ve played this game like none other. Played the hell out of it. Played enough of it, or almost enough. Certainly enough to take a break.

And there was a straw too, the proverbial dried plant that broke the back of the beast of burden. Between my fatigue and getting banned for my utter mistaken portrayal of certain taboo views (which I completely apologise for), the time has come to raise my sails and chart a different course. It takes only a small gust of wind to send one over a cliff, but a gust of wind just as small can push a ship on a whole new course, to a whole new shore. I leave my covenant, the Children Of The Grave, in the capable hands of whoever wants to lead it. Post in its thread if you want the job, and I will pick the best man or woman for it. Whatever is dead does not die but rises again, harder and stronger. Those who depart alive have even better chances of returning. And someday I may. Perhaps I will rise from beneath the cenotaph to usher in the new age of Dark Souls II. I will spread death. I will spread despair. I will spread the curse, on this forum or no. But I will be back in some form. Wait for me.
    A few final words:

Tolvo: it’s thanks to you I was on this forum, maybe even for PvPing ever since your threads caught my interest back in the early spring of 2012. And for showing me your other side on Skype. I was surprised to say the least.

Roan: you’re the best duelist I’ve ever had the pleasure to face. Thanks for handing my *** to me whenever we chanced to fight.

Billy: You’ve been a great cov leader on the forums, an excellent duelist in Lordran, and a real friend on Skype. I’m definitely not quitting Skype, and there’s no way we won’t duel again.

That’s all, folks.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

So long, and thanks for all the fish, Empty Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish,

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:47 am

Prostration  Farewell. Good luck to you man, and know that the door is always open. Take this along with you.:estus: 
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

So long, and thanks for all the fish, Empty Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish,

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:48 am

Thank you for your apology. We as a team understand it was simply a mistake and if you wish to return you may. Everyone slips up occasionally, you simply did it in a thread under a lot of scrutiny.

I wish you all the best.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 am

It was nice knowing you Ghadis, going to miss you man.

Also oh god my skype side, aka emotional freakout Tolvo with constant depression and pity parties.  Yeah that isn't the fun side of Tolvo definitely.

I hope you have a good time doing whatever you do Ghadis, have a nice life man.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:07 am

Very nicely written! I enjoyed reading it. Hope you all the best in life, where ever it may take you. Proper Bow 

Welcome back anytime Ghadis!
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:50 am

What? You cannot leave yet! I am just about to make your character story for my Iron Man mode challenges! And it was a good one crying 

Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:57 am

Unfortunately I didn't get to know you Ghadis (your post above shows me how much I lost out there lol) but I read alot of interesting and informative posts by you, so I'll consider the forum worse of for losing you.

Best wishes with your future endeavors bro, hope to see you back next year for the release of Dark Souls 2.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:58 am

It's always sad to lose a member. Remember that the forum stays kindled if you ever come back. And fave fun out there! 
    Wave
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:14 am

The dark will always Embrace you
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:49 am

Farewell and best wishes!

You of course get bonus points for a Hitchhiker's reference.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:36 am

I didn't really knew you, and if i did i forgot then .

You'll be back before you know it !
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:51 am

I'm sad to see you go, but hopefully we'll run into each other on Skype every now and then.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Well said. Farewell and good luck. You are the only player on this forum that I would have liked to have fought against, that I haven't had the oppurtunity to. Bow
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Hitchhiker, Souls, AND Thrones in a single post?  Prostration I'm disappointed I didn't get to know you
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:59 pm

See ya around man. DkS 2 if nothing else I'm sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 am