Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
kazumoshi
hey its andres
The_Red_Drifter
Phoenix Rising
crbngville2
Derpwraith
Sneezer
SadPanda
SirArchmage
reim0027
Soul of Stray Demon
Sentiel
jaythibodeau
Leet
FinPeku
Seth Winternight
Serious_Much
Valanor
Wilkinson3424
23 posters

SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun

Poll

Location for Tourney?

[ 4 ]
    SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_lcap15%SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 10 ]
    SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_lcap37%SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_rcap [37%] 
    [ 2 ]
    SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_lcap7%SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 4 ]
    SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_lcap15%SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 2 ]
    SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_lcap7%SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 5 ]
    SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_lcap19%SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun I_vote_rcap [19%] 

Total Votes: 27
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun Empty SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:13 am

:Beer:  The Official Dark Souls Tournament of Fun :Beer: 

Duel  SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun Imgres10Duel 

This event will be about bragging rights, but i'm going to say that it's about fun and hanging out with fellow forum members.

Please Note: If you are a tryhard player, or rely on tryhard tactics, the following rules will cause you to post a hateful comment, and you will receive negative rep, and lose respect. Thank you for your cooperation.

There will be a chatango for this, and a bracket for this.

Now for the part you've all been waiting for...

The Un-Fun Rules

- Don't be scared by the long list. Only 1 - 3 of these should matter to you.

- No Hornet Ring

- No TWoP

- No Glitches, hacks, or exploits, or anything of the sort.

- No Buffs, Resins are acceptable.

- No DWGR, this isn't gymnastics class. (We might have a vote on this, but honestly I think 95% of the forum can agree that it's annoying to fight. The other 5% use it, or are Tarkus)

- Pursuers will be allowed unless lag turns it into a problem.

- No Chain Backstabbing

- Please stay away from roll backstabbing everything... We are trying to encourage fun here.

- I have to include this sadly, If anyone complains about something someone did at a place or something blah blah then you will be disqualified, everything that I consider to be tryhard is tryhard because I know everything now shut up.

- No spamming magic, it's annoying.

- No complaining about the rules.

- No healing items. (You can use miracles)

- For the sake of our souls, please do not bring Tarkus to the party. We all know it's chuck norris under that armor.

- Do not take the rule about Tarkus seriously.

- big hug 

- If you cannot possibly imagine ever creating an effective build with these restrictions. You are a tryhard, and bad.

- You must post your build before being enlisted, I need to rate it's funness, you need at least a 5/10 to be able to enter.

- I have ways of telling whether or not you are over-leveled. If you are caught using a build that is not SL 125, you will be disqualified, unless I am notified before-hand and you have a good reason.

Location, Information, And other things you will most likely end up asking me in the thread because you are lazy

- This tourney will take place in... The Blight Town Pit!!! (Majority can change this)

- I will host, and spectate, every fight.

- Break a rule and I will hornet stab you with a Black Knight Great Sword.

- Survive and you will be stabbed again.

- SL 125

- The Winner of This Tournament proves his skill, and can never again be questioned unless he is beaten in future versions of this, if it is ever created.

- The Fights will be simple enough, whoever you are paired with in the brackets, will fight you Via red sign soapstone (I will always be hosting these matches). The matches are 2 out of 3 and are double elimination. If you break a rule, you get hornet stabbed, The winner of the losers bracket and the winner of the winners bracket fight in the grand championship, the loser bracket champ needs to beat the winner bracket champ in two separate rounds in order to win, whereas the winner champ will only need to win one round.

Links to brackets and Chatango

http://challonge.com/Wilkinson3424isgudyouarenot

http://challonge.com/XboxCasulsTournament (Obviously Xbox 360 version)

http://darksoulswilkschat.chatango.com/

Time

August 31 - September 1 (Or whenver we get done)

Combatants of Fun and Rainbows

Format to Submit:

Build(s) : (Insert builds here)

PSN : (Insert PSN/XBL name)

Key (Key = Guide, aka how to read this. You don't post "key" when submitting... lol): Forum_Name (PSN_Username/XBL Username)

PS3 Contestants

- Wilkinson3424 (Darkwraith_Wilks) (Not really in this, but i'm watching every fight and setting up each match)

- jaythibodeau (jaythibodeau)

- Valanor (Happy_Pain70)

- Serious_Much (HolyPK9)

- Sentiel (Sentiel)

- reim0027 (reim0027_2)

- Sneezer (Sneezer27)

- TooLeet (TooLeet)

Casul Xbox Players

- Wilkinson3424 (Wilkinson3424)

- SirArchmage (Sir Archmage)

- hey it's andres

- Sad Panda

Last edited by Wilkinson3424 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 11 times in total
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun Empty Re: SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:13 am

Reserved if I need it.
    Valanor
    Valanor
    Regular
    Regular

SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun Empty Re: SL 125 Dark Souls Tournament of Fun

Post by Valanor Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 am

I am still learning pvp and need a lot of practice.This could mean that I will probably suck hard,but since this tournament is about fun...I'd like to participate with my Artorias Cosplay build!

http://mmdks.com/3qgn
    (Note about Power Within: I will not use it.It is part of the build outsite the tournament,so I didn't want to remove it besides from not knowing what other spell I could put in there that would fit to Artorias cosplay.If it is still a problem,I will gladely remove it!)

PSN: Happy_Pain70

Key: Valanor

Last edited by Valanor on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:39 am

http://mmdks.com/2liv - yes it's SL100 and no i don't give a toss that I'm gimping myself- I'm gonna be there for fun not winning (plus I don't have time to make an SL125 in the 2 days I'm back before the tournament)

HolyPK9

Serious_Much

Honestly wilk I think if you're gonna ban buffs go for a blanket ban with no resins too, since the extra 150 damage of a lightning resin can actually make a pretty size able difference (plus tryhards will start using it) also just to throw everyone a nice curve ball- ban grass
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:09 am

Damn you Wilks...

Y U NO LYK XBOX? D:

Have fun and lemme know how it goes. It could be expanded upon in the future.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:45 am

Wilkinson3424 wrote:- No Glitches, hacks, or exploits, or anything of the sort.
    - Please stay away from roll backstabbing everything... We are trying to encourage fun here.
    - I have to include this sadly, If anyone complains about something someone did at a place or something blah blah then you will be disqualified, everything that I consider to be tryhard is tryhard because I know everything now shut up.
    - No Chain Backstabbing
    No glitches, hacks, exploits. I assume this means people can't use megamule, right? Also, no dead angles, spell cancel, toggle escape, right? Is stun backstab an exploit? Regular counter backstab is an exploit as well isn't it? It abuses lag. 

No roll backstabbing everything. I guess i can understand what this means. But if my opponent makes same mistake three times in a row, am i allowed to punish once or twice, or not at all? Well at least my opponent gets disqualified if i punish him three times and he complains. Or do I get hornet bs'd with black knight greatsword?

Who determines when pursuers are too laggy? The one who got hit by them, or you? How can you tell how it looked like on his screen?

If the first bs attempt gets damage canceled but i backstab my opponent from the wake-up, is that a chain? 

Not trying to complain, but perhaps these things are something to think about. I'm obviously not participating. For some people "fun" and "tryhard" might be intuitive, but they are not for me. I've noticed this in a few forum events and fight clubs. I seem to have very different views than most here.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:35 pm

WILKAAYY!

This is my kind of event.

Also Fin, i think he basically means don't play like a tryhard and constantly try to roll BS everyone. Don't rely on that tactic to win. 

Amirite?
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:49 pm

This sounds like fun. :bas: 

Builds : http://mmdks.com/3qjs :  http://mmdks.com/3qjv (Possibly unstoppable http://mmdks.com/3qjx )

PSN : jaythibodeau

Key: jaythibodeau
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:25 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    Wilkinson3424 wrote:- No Glitches, hacks, or exploits, or anything of the sort.
    - No Chain Backstabbing
    No glitches, hacks, exploits. I assume this means people can't use megamule, right? Also, no dead angles, spell cancel, toggle escape, right? Is stun backstab an exploit? Regular counter backstab is an exploit as well isn't it? It abuses lag. 

No roll backstabbing everything. I guess i can understand what this means. But if my opponent makes same mistake three times in a row, am i allowed to punish once or twice, or not at all? Well at least my opponent gets disqualified if i punish him three times and he complains. Or do I get hornet bs'd with black knight greatsword?

Who determines when pursuers are too laggy? The one who got hit by them, or you? How can you tell how it looked like on his screen?

If the first bs attempt gets damage canceled but i backstab my opponent from the wake-up, is that a chain? 

Not trying to complain, but perhaps these things are something to think about. I'm obviously not participating. For some people "fun" and "tryhard" might be intuitive, but they are not for me. I've noticed this in a few forum events and fight clubs. I seem to have very different views than most here.
    Megamule is allowed.

Dead angling and Toggle escaping won't be strictly encforced but if I see too much of it, then i'll stop it.

No it's not a chain.

Pursuers can accidentally be invisible, hit you twice, (even when not hitting you) or both. Just mentioning that I don't want people to think that I randomly banned it if it is needed.

You can roll backstab a mistake they make a million times, but don't roll backstab every strength weapon/miracle/spell/attack/etc.

Stun/Poise backstabs, Roll backstabs (Keep in mind about what I said about them), and Counter backstabs are ok.

jaythibodeau wrote:This sounds like fun. :bas: 

Builds : http://mmdks.com/3qjs :  http://mmdks.com/3qjv (Possibly unstoppable http://mmdks.com/3qjx )

PSN : jaythibodeau

Key: jaythibodeau
    Those builds are fine, but don't expect any mercy on that calamity ring build.

Valanor wrote:I am still learning pvp and need a lot of practice.This could mean that I will probably suck hard,but since this tournament is about fun...I'd like to participate with my Artorias Cosplay build!

http://mmdks.com/3qgn
    (Note about Power Within: I will not use it.It is part of the build outsite the tournament,so I didn't want to remove it besides from not knowing what other spell I could put in there that would fit to Artorias cosplay.If it is still a problem,I will gladely remove it!)

PSN: Happy_Pain70

Key: Valanor
    You can use power within, and the Artorias Cosplay is good. Cosplays are always welcomed in any and all of my events.

Serious_Much wrote:http://mmdks.com/2liv - yes it's SL100 and no i don't give a toss that I'm gimping myself- I'm gonna be there for fun not winning (plus I don't have time to make an SL125 in the 2 days I'm back before the tournament)

HolyPK9

Serious_Much

Honestly wilk I think if you're gonna ban buffs go for a blanket ban with no resins too, since the extra 150 damage of a lightning resin can actually make a pretty size able difference (plus tryhards will start using it) also just to throw everyone a nice curve ball- ban grass
    0 poise 2pro4me

I can give you the souls needed to level up if you want, you are putting yourself at a pretty large disadvantage here.

But yeah your build is good.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:34 pm

I would like to join, but I would like if I could get some clarifications on the rules first, please.

1. No Glitches, hacks, or exploits, or anything of the sort.
    Does this apply to Dead Angles and Toggle Escapes as well?

2. No buffs.
    Does this apply to weapon buffs only, or to body buffs as well (GMB, VoS, KJ)?
    If so, does it also apply to Green Blossoms?

3. No spamming magic, it's annoying.
    No pure spell builds I assume?

4. SL 125.
    Most of my builds are SL 100. Is it a problem to bring a lower SL?
    I promise I won't bring the SL difference in cases when I lose happy

5. Chatango.
    I can have only one appliance conected to the internet at the time. Is it a problem if I won't be in the Chatango?
    We can use laggy PSN chat, or messages instead, if you don't mind.

Thanks.

EDIT:
    I voted "Other" in the poll, because I'd like to fight in Arty's arena.
    Blighttown pit can get very laggy at times, so I don't want to fight there, no matter what.

EDIT2:
    Builds:
    Int
    Quality
    Str
    Equipment may be subject to changes depending on my mood, but this is what the builds use right now.

Forum Name: Sentiel

PSN: Sentiel

Last edited by Sentiel on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Valanor
    Valanor
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Valanor Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Okay,I'm glad to hear that! Joy

Edit: I've voted for Undead Parish with the boar.But after I've read Sentinel's post and his suggestion about Arty's arena,I have changed my option to Arty's arena (Option: Other) as well.It would suit my cosplay. Praise the Sun
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Sentiel wrote:I would like to join, but I would like if I could get some clarifications on the rules first, please.

1. No Glitches, hacks, or exploits, or anything of the sort.
    Does this apply to Dead Angles and Toggle Escapes as well?

2. No buffs.
    Does this apply to weapon buffs only, or to body buffs as well (GMB, VoS, KJ)?
    If so, does it also apply to Green Blossoms?

3. No spamming magic, it's annoying.
    No pure spell builds I assume?

4. SL 125.
    Most of my builds are SL 100. Is it a problem to bring a lower SL?
    I promise I won't bring the SL difference in cases when I lose happy

5. Chatango.
    I can have only one appliance conected to the internet at the time. Is it a problem if I won't be in the Chatango?
    We can use laggy PSN chat, or messages instead, if you don't mind.

Thanks.

EDIT:
    I voted "Other" in the poll, because I'd like to fight in Arty's arena.
    Blighttown pit can get very laggy at times, so I don't want to fight there, no matter what.
    1. Like I said earlier, Toggles and Dead angles are frowned upon but will only be strictly enforced if the user constantly does it throughout the tournament.

2. Body buffs are allowed.

3. Magic Spamming, in my opinion, = Mashing the R1 button. I don't care if you shoot 2 or 3 crystal soul spears, and then a WoG. But if you just constantly spam a spell over and over and over and over then I will stop you.

4. Not a problem for me but you are putting yourself at a bit of a disadvantage. Like I said earlier, I will supply souls needed to level up.

5. Yes PSN chat will work. Don't worry about not being able to get to Chatango.

@ Everyone Else - Should I make it double elimination? I don't want someone to have 2 - 3 fights then be done for the rest of the event.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Added builds to my previous post for your rating.

I asked about the spells because I sometimes use Aural Decoy and Force a lot (not for bs).
    lol @ mashing R1 button. No Gold Tracer then? big grin

I'm actually used to play higher levels with my SL 100s. I prefer this SL range because it limits the builds more.

I'll leave the rest up to you. happy
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:00 pm

So in a tournament of fun, I can't use my Crystal buffed drake sword because I can't tumble buff? No fair.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:01 pm

This might be a good excuse to make a V-cosplay build. You might have guessed, I love that movie.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:04 pm

reim0027 wrote:This might be a good excuse to make a V-cosplay build.  You might have guessed, I love that movie.
    Damn it Reim! You took my idea! silly  I was going to do that and a strength build if there will be an xbox part of this tournament.

Speaking of which.

Any plans for your xbox brothers? You are one of the few people actually on both, and I would have fun with this tournament.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:05 pm

@ Sentinel - They are all reasonable builds, careful about turtling though that can cause saltyness.

Welcome to the tourney!

P.S You like quoting the rule book of events, don't you?

@ Soul of a Stray Demon - LOL

@ Reim - Can't wait to see what you come up with!

@ SirArchmage - If enough people from Xbox are interested, I might make a seperate bracket, but I was planning a different event for my Xbros anyway.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm serious, if we're doing a fun tournament, I want to wield a crystal drake sword.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:13 pm

As for turtling, the Str build has Fat Roll and uses Havel's Greatshield. The build has to turtle, the build is based about being a slow tank, that uses it's shield instead of rolling.
    I'm interested how can people overcome it without Dead Angles. Perhaps it will open their eyes to more ways to deal with turtles other than using exploits.

The rest of the builds usually two hand their weapon, so there should be no problem as far as turtling goes.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:14 pm

@ Soul - If you're serious, then i'll discuss it with you and think about it. You're breaking two rules by using it though, so people might not be happy.

@ Sentinel - Don't abuse the turtle.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:14 pm

SHOTEL>>>>>>>Greatshields.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:15 pm

If I actually join the tournament that's what I want to use.
    Either that or allow me a magic weapon buffed lightning Whip. for three way split.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Alright, it seems I can't use my Str build then. No worries. happy
    Also, I know I don't have the right to complain, but if you allow Soul's buff glitch, or anything like that, please remove me from the event.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm only buffing the drake sword, it's a temporary buff to a weak weapon.
    Valanor
    Valanor
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Valanor Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 pm

In my opinion everyone should keep to the rules.It's only fair for everyone.If one is allowed something as an exception,then others want excpetions for them too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm