Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Micha369
Kirk-Barb
Fry1156
skarekrow13
twigsterxd
chantienyee
10 posters

SL1 vs Penetrator AND Biorr >___<

chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

SL1 vs Penetrator AND Biorr  >___< Empty SL1 vs Penetrator AND Biorr >___<

Post by chantienyee Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:23 am

I'm doing a SL1 playthrough for the first time. Flamelurker was stressful, but everything else was relatively easy. I was really looking forward to a break with the Penetrator fight, but figured I would help out Biorr a little, so I'd alternate between letting Biorr swing at him and dashing him with soul ray.

That was a mistake. I didn't consider that the spell goes through enemies. I mean, I know that, but it didn't register. Now I'm stuck fighting both, which is proving to be the hardest Demon's Souls battle I've ever had -- the complete opposite of what I was expecting. Penetrator chases me around the arena, lunging at me with little reprieve, and when I get a moment's breath to fire a spell, Biorr snipes me with his crossbow. Penetrator doesn't even consider Biorr an enemy anymore, I'm just on the constant run. What a pain.

I've never pissed off Biorr this much in this fight before. Anyone else?
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

SL1 vs Penetrator AND Biorr  >___< Empty Re: SL1 vs Penetrator AND Biorr >___<

Post by twigsterxd Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 am

I've hit bior too. Now I don't rescue him until AFTER I kill pen.
    That guy always gets in my way lol
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:56 am

I've never hit Biorr thankfully. I can't imagine fighting both. Penetrator solo can be a challenge just due to his speed. Once you're used to him he's not bad but at SL1 I imagine there's not much leeway to be hit. And he does jump into the fight fast. I wish I had some useful advice but, uh....good luck.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:00 am

Dodging pen is bad enough skare. Add bior and it's a nightmare cause he aggros lol
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:02 am

Thanks. I know I'll manage eventually. It's just gonna be a slog. 'Cause, yeah, the most viable way is in hyper mode, which means a single snipe from Biorr and I'm toast. The worst part is that I didn't notice that he was against me until the THIRD bout, after Penetrator skewered me a couple times. No wonder -- Biorr wasn't just not helping, he was trying to kill me too...

Backstabbing him first a couple times might be my best bet so long as it doesn't leave me cornered.
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 am

I could probley give you a hand with my sl1, I'll have to check if I've got there.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:05 pm

I'll take you up on that if it takes me too many goes!
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Maybe if you just told him you're sorry.  thumbs up
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:52 am

Request for absolution at Oswald of Carim! big grin
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:01 am

Micha369 wrote:Request for absolution at Oswald of Carim! big grin
    I wish they had something like that. Do you know how many times I've accidentally hit Thomas?
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:48 am

twigsterxd wrote:
    Micha369 wrote:Request for absolution at Oswald of Carim! big grin
    I wish they had something like that. Do you know how many times I've accidentally hit Thomas?
    Yes, I also once have hit Boldwin! One should put away one's weapon as it is in real life!
    Don't you have a permit for carrying a concealed weapon?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:44 pm

If all else fails, you could slay the mighty warrior in the Nexus.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:25 pm

I usually end up hitting the Crestfallen Warrior by accident a lot. I don't know why him, but better him than anyone who actually does something for me! He's surprisingly tough to fight though!
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:52 pm

densetsushun wrote:If all else fails, you could slay the mighty warrior in the Nexus.
    This.

I have been in the OP's position a couple times, but with a level 40+ character. I can't imagine trying to fight both at SL1.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:09 pm

He's so not in the Nexus  D:
    It must be because I aggroed him!
    I haven't given it more than one go since my post, but Fry offered to help out tomorrow, so that should make it done.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:17 pm

He might be in his little cell in 1-3, if not then Biorr will forever fight you.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:23 pm

I'll check the cell next I play. Thanks.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:25 pm

chantienyee wrote:I usually end up hitting the Crestfallen Warrior by accident a lot. I don't know why him, but better him than anyone who actually does something for me! He's surprisingly tough to fight though!
    But at the beginning of the game he is well worth the 2000 souls big grin
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:55 am

twigsterxd wrote:
    chantienyee wrote:I usually end up hitting the Crestfallen Warrior by accident a lot. I don't know why him, but better him than anyone who actually does something for me! He's surprisingly tough to fight though!
    But at the beginning of the game he is well worth the 2000 souls big grin
    But doesn't this affect your character tendency? Doesn't it move towards black?

Having some experience in this game now I'll never need souls at the beginning anymore! I usually have so many souls and doesn't need them. If I really needed souls I'd kill the red eye before Dorans mausoleum.

BTW, my sl4 character can also help you! Please see my PSN2 in the signature, appreciate helping you!
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:23 am

Micha I've platinum'd the game, had it for 4 years, and made many builds. CT doesn't bother me because I don't invade. And when I co-op as a blue, I don't wear friends ring so turning ct closer to white doesn't matter. Besides, if you kill him right away, yes, it does go closer to black. But, co-op with a friend 2 or 3 times without dying, you get it back to white.
    You would do this, start game, kill fallen warrior, do 1-1, suicide in nexus and drop blue in either 1-2 or 2-1 and be a blue if you need your ct whiter. Just don't die lol. Besides, it's a HUGE pain getting it to black once it's pure white so I like going for foe ring as soon as possible.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Kirk-Barb wrote:Maybe if you just told him you're sorry.  thumbs up
    Great idea. No?
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Just for the record, he's not in his cell either   sad
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:03 pm

chantienyee wrote:Just for the record, he's not in his cell either   sad
    Or the nexus for that matter.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:17 pm

chantienyee wrote:He's so not in the Nexus  D:
    Also, if anyone with North American Demon's Souls is down to help, that would be cool. Fry's not, unfortunately. (EDIT: And by that I mean he doesn't have NA.)

Last edited by chantienyee on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:23 pm

I'd help if I could, but I don't have access to the game anymore. It's a shame that sounds like a fun fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am