Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

sl4 knight wants to conquer black phantom Selen Vinland

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

sl4 knight wants to conquer black phantom Selen Vinland Empty sl4 knight wants to conquer black phantom Selen Vinland

Post by Micha369 Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:23 am

Hello folks,

Challenge is in the topic. Have this discussed a bit in a chat room but wanted to have a few more opinions, if possible. Didn't find a single hit using the search function and searching for "Selen Vinland".

I have already tried a few strategies listed in the DeS wikispaces.com. But this was a sl 30 royalty with ability to cast and fight. It was not possible to win the battle until I finally tried the DBS thing.

But now I'm sl 4, can't cast and have only str 14 and dex 10.
    The Dragon Claymore+5 and the Longsword+5 is to my disposal.
    But maybe there are better weapons.

What I think that can work is, lure or pull her to the spot with more island (the spot with the slugs). I will do this by using a bow with the best arrows I have (thefts ring, graverobber ring equipped, of course).
    If she is there I change to melee, 2h my DC and try to hit her in a timed manner,but only using R1 (since R2 might be too slow). One hit that hopefully stun her, wait or make a step to her and just before she can take over initiative I will strike her again. The again wait a sec. and so on.

What do you think, will this work? Or will I run out of stamina? Will the stunning be long enough to get my stamina recovered?
    Do you have better strategies?

Is there a video out there showing this fight (I mean with a sl 4 toon w/o magics)?

Thanks for your help.

Best wishes

Last edited by Micha369 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

sl4 knight wants to conquer black phantom Selen Vinland Empty Re: sl4 knight wants to conquer black phantom Selen Vinland

Post by deadagain Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Oh man good luck it took me ages to beat her on a sl40. Hats off to you for having the patience.
    I would be human but I'm sure you know that.Unless you dupped SoE it might be hard to stay human (body form). Your key will be distance since her hits ignore shields. You could try aggro her then get distance when she stops aggro and turns around bs her. Cheap I know but I've had luck with it, not at ur sl though.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

sl4 knight wants to conquer black phantom Selen Vinland Empty Re: sl4 knight wants to conquer black phantom Selen Vinland

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:57 pm

I just fought her and would recommend a different approach. A shield won't make a difference here so you'll need another way to not get hurt.

I used a Bastard Sword (Had to correct that in my story) two handed to take her down. I also didn't worry about the island since even the largest one in the area has muck spots that will slow you down. You need to embrace the swamp if possible. I wore the black leather set and ring of poison resistance, cured my poison and healed from the nearby island, then attacked.

Here's what I specifically did.
    If you can get behind her, her vision is TERRIBLE. I just walked up and backstabbed her. You'll need your stamina managed well so stop moving and let it go back up.

As she's approaching swing before she has a chance. She is easy to interrupt and the Bastard Sword stuns her completely. Drain your stamina bar attacking her or get close to it.

After getting hit a few times she will roll away. Let your stamina go back up. When she approaches again try to hit her just outside her range again and repeat.

When she's low she'll run off and heal. You never want her too far away. Run at her and pray you have enough stamina to swing and hit her and finish the fight.

General tip: If she ever hits you, don't waste time with the block or dodge buttons. Start mashing R1 and hope she backs off. If you can sneak a hit in, her combo will stop and hitting her a few times will get her to roll away just like I said above. Try to sneak a heal in there.

Best tip: Good luck, she's a pain
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:46 am

deadagain wrote: You could try aggro her then get distance when she stops aggro and turns around bs her. Cheap I know but I've had luck with it, not at ur sl though.
    In this fight nothing - really nothing is cheap!

I only want her to be dead! The only thing is, I don't want uplevel.

Until now I have no recipe how to get her.
    Have studied wiki but nothing is easy.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:33 am

skarekrow13 wrote:I just fought her and would recommend a different approach.  A shield won't make a difference here so you'll need another way to not get hurt.  

I used a Bastard Sword (Had to correct that in my story) two handed to take her down.  I also didn't worry about the island since even the largest one in the area has muck spots that will slow you down.  You need to embrace the swamp if possible. I wore the black leather set and ring of poison resistance, cured my poison and healed from the nearby island, then attacked.

Here's what I specifically did.  
    If you can get behind her, her vision is TERRIBLE.  I just walked up and backstabbed her.  You'll need your stamina managed well so stop moving and let it go back up.  

As she's approaching swing before she has a chance.  She is easy to interrupt and the Bastard Sword stuns her completely.  Drain your stamina bar attacking her or get close to it.

After getting hit a few times she will roll away.  Let your stamina go back up.  When she approaches again try to hit her just outside her range again and repeat.  

When she's low she'll run off and heal.  You never want her too far away.  Run at her and pray you have enough stamina to swing and hit her and finish the fight.

General tip:  If she ever hits you, don't waste time with the block or dodge buttons.  Start mashing R1 and hope she backs off.  If you can sneak a hit in, her combo will stop and hitting her a few times will get her to roll away just like I said above.  Try to sneak a heal in there.  

Best tip: Good luck, she's a pain
    I have the Dragon Clay+5 and the Dragon Long Sword+5. I also could prepaire a Dragon bastard+5, but this would be between my two swords.

I'm wondering if anybody also have managed to parry and reposte her!

Many thanks for these sophisticated tips!
    This gives me back some hope! I'll report on how it was going.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:01 am

So, to give something back to this nice community:
    Youtube:

PSN: "Cool Gaming, Bros"
    Video: "Selen the *****"    (stars stand for the word that is used for the femal of the dog)

Minute 7

here is shown how to kill her in melee!

The toon isn't quite as low in ls as a starter class knight, though.

Last edited by Micha369 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:40 am

I always hyper mode snipe her with a bow from the walkway. Just watch her splashies in the swamp when she retreats and be prepared to interrupt her heals. Easy peasy.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 am

^this just bring lots of arrows. This is probably the safest way to engage her. And is it just me or does the Blind look like a giant dragon fly wing :b
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:41 am

I think it is a giant wing. And it's awesome. Just not when she uses it on me
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:03 pm

Finally I have killed her, pretty simple, I admit:

I put on both the Thefts and the Graverobber Ring, sneaked behind her and poisoned her with poison cloud. This I made twice. After the end of the affect of the 2nd pc she had about 20% hp left, just as little as to bs her with my Dragon Claymore once.

End of Game!

Thx to all of your comments and help!

Last edited by Micha369 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:38 am; edited 2 times in total
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:31 pm

Nice work. Enjoy the Blind.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:37 pm

Lol. If I knew you were open to those tactics I can tell you how to kill just about anyone easy peasy.

Congrats and keep us posted on your journey. It's been fun keeping track of here and there
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:00 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Lol. If I knew you were open to those tactics I can tell you how to kill just about anyone easy peasy.

Congrats and keep us posted on your journey. It's been fun keeping track of here and there
    normally I'm not open for those tactics but in this case I was so frustrated and angry about so much unfairness DeS shows here.

But, yes, I will keep you informed.

I already have done everything possible incl. all BP except Old Doran and the last boss standing - False King Allant.
    Doran is not possible anymore in this playthrough because of the lack of the key.
    And the False King is really terrible! I guess I already have tried 50 times to get an audience before the King and maybe 20 times I finally reached his splendid apartments. But somehow the King always suddenly finished the hearing.

In my two best fights I managed to get his health down to 25%.

We also tried a lot in a group of two. Even with very experianced blue phantoms we didn't get his approval either.

In this fight only melee is allowed. No magics, no poison or bows.

Yes, this now is the worst fight ever I had in DeS. And if I finally manage it, it surely will be my last starter run!

Until now I did everything on my own except the Flame Lurke, I admit!
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:22 am

deadagain wrote:Nice work. Enjoy the Blind.
    I don't like this weapon! The dmg output per second is fairly unimpressive!
    But sometimes possession is everything! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:57 am