Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

One Weapon Per Boss Challenge (SL 1)

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

One Weapon Per Boss Challenge (SL 1) Empty One Weapon Per Boss Challenge (SL 1)

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:23 pm

DSG78gaming came up with the idea and rules behind this challenge. I've done this challenge once before, but I'm doing it again now that I can record it.

Enjoy! YouTube link
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

One Weapon Per Boss Challenge (SL 1) Empty Re: One Weapon Per Boss Challenge (SL 1)

Post by SadPanda Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:21 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:DSG78gaming came up with the idea and rules behind this challenge.
    B-b-but...
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

One Weapon Per Boss Challenge (SL 1) Empty Re: One Weapon Per Boss Challenge (SL 1)

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:43 am

The Rules for this challenge are quite a bit different than the Rules for your challenge and DSG78gaming posted his first video back in May; your first post was in July. Or perhaps I misunderstood that you're upset that I'm doing his challenge instead of yours? :-)

Here are the Rules for this Challenge:

One Weapon Per Boss Challenge (SL 1) Rules113

I'm learning about video and audio editing as I go along so the latter submissions are of better quality. I still have a lot to learn, but it's fun!
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Here is the Gargoyle Fight; I'll try to put up two more videos yet tonight. I haven't been hyping this challenge too much, but this video is worth your time. In my opinion, anyway. Enjoy!

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:24 am

Here's a SL1 take-down of Smough and Ornstein, defeating Smough first. Enjoy!

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:07 am

THIS technique should change the way you fight Nito. Tell all your friends! :-)

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:19 pm

SL1, No Pyro (Flash Sweat), solo defeat of Bed of Chaos.

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Seath fight using Club+14 and Charcoal Pine Resin. Includes audio commentary throughout.

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:14 am

I'm stuck at the Four Kings (again). After 27 attempts I am about ready to give up on the Battle Axe+15 using Gold Pine Resin. Some swings miss because the weapon is short. I'm taking a break from trying today. I'm getting low on humanity and GPR so I may take them out with the Reinforced Club+15 tomorrow after work. The two weapon are similar on damage output, but the club has a longer reach.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 am

After 60 or so attempts using the Battle Axe, I gave up on it. I switched to the Reinforced Club and found my victory!

It is possible to defeat the kings without using pyro, magic, or stamina regeneration!

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:35 am

Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, is fini. A neat little trick was used to defeat him without resorting to parrying.

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:47 am

This clip shows the killing shot of each of the 18 bosses that were defeated for this challenge and shows the weapon used to defeat them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm