Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
Forum Pirate
TehInfamousAmos
SadPanda
Bassman Bob
JoeBroski09
steveswede
Aigaios
lonewolf
Noob-of-Artorias
Acarnatia
Wilkinson3424
Kiva the wanderer
Spurgun
Serious_Much
Hatsune Miku
VaDoom
twigsterxd
Uparkaam
nsane32
skarekrow13
bunnywink
SirArchmage
Reaperfan
MikailArksot
Hue
Latitoast
WaffleGuy
Marino.
raecor14
tigab95
Mr. Tart
BIG TIME MASTER
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
reim0027
Soul of Stray Demon
Hart
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
PlasticandRage
GrinTwist
Tolvo
45 posters

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason - Page 20 Empty Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:07 am

There's way too many childish things I won't give up to list. It was good having a kid because it looks normal again (until she grows out of all the crap I do).

Earlier questions:
    -I would not choose to be immortal. I have a lot of reasons why
    -Since I've said and done done supremely stupid things I'm choosing not to answer that as I'm far from proud of them
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason - Page 20 Empty Re: Ask Each Other Anything Within Reason

Post by Reaperfan Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:21 am

reim0027 wrote:What's one childish thing/trait you refuse to give up?

For example, I still love Halloween, and get dressed up every year.
    My love of cartoons.  Phrased another way, love of animation.  I almost feel bad answering this question with this answer because I no longer actually consider animation/cartoons innately childish.  As an artistic medium it has just as much, if not more potential for mature themes and styles than live action, and for less than half the budget.  But the western culture just can't admit that cartoons can be for more than just kids.

As a side note, I refuse to answer this with "video games" for the same logic.  They've long since stopped being just a "childish hobby" for me. They're part of who I am.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:30 am

Cartoons are not just for children. It is the content that makes it mainly for children. In the west, the vast majority of cartoons have content for children.

But, look at the TV show "The Simpsons". It is one of the most successful TV shows ever, here (22 seasons). Definitely for adults.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:46 am

There are too many things to chose from, I can still be a very childish person in complete honesty. I think it would be between the fact that I still put hours of time into making a Halloween costume just to walk around multiple neighborhoods with a few friends or the fact that I refuse to part with any of my old Nintendo games.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:21 am

I was going to answer this until I realized that it was turning into quite a long list so I became embarrassed...sad 
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 am

It's sad to believe, but you will always eventually stop your hobbies. Either from not actually being able to do it, or the boredom of doing it for 30+ years. Someday we all have to grow up and give up things we don't want to, and that day may be soon, in a year, two, 30 years, or maybe even tomorrow.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:30 am

I know others have already said "cartoons," but like you guys have already pointed out, they aren't just for kids. Family Guy, Futurama, Bob's Burger's, Simpsons. They are all aimed at adults. 

So, I will answer with "Childish Cartoons." Spongebob, specifically. I still watch it, and I won't stop until I get extremely bored of watching them ALL. I'm hoping they go as long as the simpsons did, and then I can watch all twenty-something seasons in a row, and take about a month to do so. big grin I would love it! 

I also love Adventure Time, and almost all child movies I grew up watching.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:32 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Whats the stupidest thing you all have said then?
    "I'm hanging myself this christmas." 

I was depressed at the time, but also very childish. I told some of my classmates I would hang myself on christmas. When I came back, they refused to let go of it. Turned my life to a living hell.

Marino. wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Marino. wrote:"Urbbllllghhhh"

-Me at a Silvester Party talking to a Girl i like .

Just...try to guess why i made me that sound Look Skyward 
    Uhh... drunk? Vomiting? Dying?

Truth is, I have no clue what a Silvester Party is.Shrug 
    Oh, we call the New Year Party "Silvester" in Germany .
    And yup, you're pretty much spot on...not my proudest moment that's for sure lol
    I thought that was suppose to be a Sylvester Stallone/Rocky imitation. silly

I have to think about this one.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:48 pm

reim0027 wrote:Cartoons are not just for children.  It is the content that makes it mainly for children.  In the west, the vast majority of cartoons have content for children.  

But, look at the TV show "The Simpsons".  It is one of the most successful TV shows ever, here (22 seasons).  Definitely for adults.
    Mature humor, immature content and presentation.  Just because its aimed at an adult audience doesn't stop it from being a childish show.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:03 pm

There's a difference between "childish" and "meant for children". A good number of TV shows are "childish".

Let's take this a little further. What cartoon exemplifies this? My vote is South Park.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:16 pm

I'd disagree big time there.  South Park has a lot of low brow humor but the reliance on deep morals in almost every episode I think changes it from "childish" to "genius level satire."  You can laugh at the low brow stuff and never get a hint of deeper meaning but I believe the intent is far from childish.  

Not to start an argument though.  I just really appreciate the level of thought that goes into South Park.  

My vote is on Family Guy.  You could make a similar argument that there's some sophistication in character development and personality but there's enough "puke for the sake of puke" or other bodily function jokes that it's not an elevated form of commentary on the whole (for one example)
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:19 pm

Ok, If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be? And why?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm sure the South Park creators have stated that they just write stuff that they find funny and laughed at people taking the morals that are put into their series with any real meaning. I think it was in that special where they showed what whet into making an episode, it was the one with the human centipad.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:56 pm

reim0027 wrote:There's a difference between "childish" and "meant for children".  A good number of TV shows are "childish".
    And my problem lies in the fact that all western animated shows are childish, whether aimed at children or adults.  It's why I'm drawn to anime, because unlike America the Japanese seem to recognize that just because a show is animated doesn't mean it can't be used to tell mature stories level-headedly with the audience.

reim0027 wrote:Let's take this a little further.  What cartoon exemplifies this?  My vote is South Park.
    In terms of "most childish adult cartoons" my vote goes either to (also) South Park or Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Ok, If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be? And why?
    Barq's Red Creme Soda to be sold in my state.  Because Red Creme soda is fantastic.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Ok, If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be? And why?
    I'd pass up on the offer.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:11 pm

I would not change too much... I would like there to be no more people who deceive themselves, and that people who mistreat children would stop... I do not think I can expand too much about it.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Well, two things come to mind.

The first is violence, as a pacifist I strongly dislike violence.

The second would be some of the decisions I made in middle school, I wouldn't have gotten Call of Duty, as it ended up in me making friends I didn't really want because of the negative influence those friends brought to my life, and they really made middle school a bumpy ride. If anything I'd tell myself to invest in more Halo because going on Bungie.net turned me into the person I am today.(Which is a person I like a lot silly)
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Latitoast wrote:If anything I'd tell myself to invest in more Halo because going on Bungie.net turned me into the person I am today.(Which is a person I like a lot silly)
    Why do I find out about this now?
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:45 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:If anything I'd tell myself to invest in more Halo because going on Bungie.net turned me into the person I am today.(Which is a person I like a lot silly)
    D:
    Wuv you Tart

Any specific reason as to why this is important? silly
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:
    D:

Wuv you Tart

Doesn't my question imply the obvious? I love Halo. silly 

Based on what you said I made the assumption that you play and enjoy Halo quite a lot.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:00 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Latitoast wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:
    D:

Wuv you Tart

Doesn't my question imply the obvious? I love Halo. silly 

Based on what you said I made the assumption that you play and enjoy Halo quite a lot.
    Wut?

To answer the question. I wouldn't change anything. Because the obvious wouldn't just do complete justice.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Would you rather be a wizard or a jedi?

Me: Wizard. All the way. Freaking love fantasy.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:Would you rather be a wizard or a jedi?

Wizard. I don't like Star Wars.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:Would you rather be a wizard or a jedi?

Wizard. I don't like Star Wars.
    What type of wizard? like, from what lore and what type from that lore?

Me: I'd be a Sensitive hand-to-hand battle mage in The Dresden Files.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 pm

I'd rather be a wizard- then I can get me dat long *** beard

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm