Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Startlevel runner needs help with False King Allant (sl4, ng, EU)

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Startlevel runner needs help with False King Allant (sl4, ng, EU) Empty Startlevel runner needs help with False King Allant (sl4, ng, EU)

Post by Micha369 Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:10 am

Hello folks,

after I fought the whole weekend this one fight and only two times of getting FKA down to 25% I'm lookin gfor help!

Two guys already have helped me (imo they are pretty good at DeS) at least 20 times. But we didn't manage this boss. It even is difficult getting to the King at that level. This little poor ninja can one shot me if I have bad luck. The 2nd Redeye in particular and the two Ministers have to be taken care of with greatest attention!
    If I finally get an audience before the King, he can one shot me even with my shield raised.

I never see any blue signs at the floor nor does I ever get summoned to help others to get to know a co-op player at this sl.

I have killed every enemy incl. all BP without big problems except BP Selen Vinland and Flame Lurker. Selen I finally had to poison (I know that is not heroic) and for the FL I found some help. All others I soloed. Even Meneater wasn't much of a problem. With FKA everything is different, though.

Help me, please! HHHEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!
    kettpower
    kettpower
    Regular
    Regular

Startlevel runner needs help with False King Allant (sl4, ng, EU) Empty Re: Startlevel runner needs help with False King Allant (sl4, ng, EU)

Post by kettpower Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 am

having played countless hours dks, I'm going back to Boletaria myself atm, trying to do a sl1 run. unfortunately i have the NA-version of the game so we can't coop....

when reading about your troubles with that guy it came to my mind that there's a glitch in that boss fight: you can actually poison him really easy if you have the poison cloud spell. if you picked a "royal" or "knight" as your starting class this should be no problem. I'm not sure if you can also do that with these poisonous knifes though....

i know late answer, but good luck!
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Startlevel runner needs help with False King Allant (sl4, ng, EU) Empty Re: Startlevel runner needs help with False King Allant (sl4, ng, EU)

Post by chantienyee Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:07 pm

This is how I cheese him  :p
    When you immediately enter the fog door and don't move at all the boss fight doesn't trigger. Sit there and snipe him to death without him lifting a finger  :p  Hyper mode recommended.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:38 am

Hello folks,

sorry for answering only now, I was on holiday for a week. In the meantime I have managed FKA on my own (solo) in a regular fight. I really was proud about this.

Now I'm already in ng+ and still don't feel like levelling up. I already have managed all x-1 worlds and now I'm working on the Tower Knignt. Getting to him is easy but the boss fight is difficult because unfair. I run behind him in time but sometimes he still kills me with his shield although it really looks as if I'm not in contact with the shield. But I will manage TK for sure! Only a question of a few more trials.

But what I cannot imagine is the boss 2-2 - Flame Lurker. This is not possible anymore in ng+ with sl4. Is there a glitch or a special tactic so that this FL doesn't come near me?
    From the 2nd half on he becomes increasingly aggressive and towards the end I really have no chance to heal me. It is rediculous! It already was a real problem in ng and I needed help with FL.
    I heared of a guy who was able to solo FL in ng+ with his start level toon. But how is that possible?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Best wishes
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:00 pm

If he isn't one shoting you, you don't need glitches to cheese him. Well, a bit perhaps.

His wayfinding is terrible, i always use this against him a bit. If you need to heal, get a pillar between you and him and keep a bit distance, because his AoE Effekts go through (or around, idk) the pillars. He will come around the pillar, but you have enough time to heal.

With the spine i haven't tested it and i read, that this is patched in the NA Version, but i tried the Rock Trap and that works in 99%.
    Use Thief's Ring, get around him to the other fog door (to the Dragon God). Turn around, so you look at Flamelurker. Go to the left of the stairs at the wall behind some rocks. Start to shoot ranged attacks (bow probably at SL4) at him. He will come towards you and get trapped behind some rocks at the start of the stairs. If he goes to far left he gets trapped alongside the stair, the you have to lure him to the correct position and hurry back to your position.
    Once trapped the AoE can't reach you and you can throw at him whatever you have. If he jumps to the right, keep on firing, he will jump back to the left and won't come up to you. If you don't keep on shooting him, he will come up to you and you have to lure him back to his position.

As long as he isn't one shoting you i wouldn't use that glitch, and even if he is one shoting you through a shield, it's more fun to beat him legit ;-)
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Yeah, hyper mode bow and thief's ring. With the thief's ring, you can run around with him chasing you and eventually with enough space between you he'll forget about you until you attack him again -- a great time to heal or reset hyper mode. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the spine is patched, but I managed to get him caught on the same side of the arena behind the other bones and the pillar there just temporarily -- enough that he was confused and I could snipe him between the bones and pillar for like 10 shots before he jumped out.

What I learned about fighting flamelurker at SL1 is that you can't be greedy with your attacks. Only take them when it's safe, and almost never try 2 shots in a row -- not worth the risk unless he's doing his back and forth jumping thing.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:18 am

Hello Walter and chantienyee,

thanks for your hints! I really look forward to fighting FL today evening!

BTW, what is the best equipment against him?
    My sl 4 is a temple knight, I have a blessed halberd+5 and I could craft a blessed longsword+5 as well. I have the heater shield+9.

best regards
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:04 am

I've always found melee against him a lot more difficult than using a bow. I think he's weak to holy arrows, if I remember? So I used morian blade, clever rat's ring, thief's ring, sticky compound long bow +5, and armour that allowed me to fast roll. People like to use the Purple Flame Shield, but since you're such a low level anyway, the weight probably isn't worth it since you'll only take a hit or two anyway. Same reason I don't bother with the Ring of Flame Resistance.

If I were to try melee, I'd use the exact same loadout, but switch the bow for whatever scaling weapon works best. I think I used a sharp uchi (doesn't that work at SL1? Don't remember)? Or magic if you're going that route, since that's his weakness? (in which case I might swap Thief's Ring for Ring of Magical Sharpness for extra bite.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:01 am

chantienyee wrote:I've always found melee against him a lot more difficult than using a bow. I think he's weak to holy arrows, if I remember? So I used morian blade, clever rat's ring, thief's ring, sticky compound long bow +5, and armour that allowed me to fast roll. People like to use the Purple Flame Shield, but since you're such a low level anyway, the weight probably isn't worth it since you'll only take a hit or two anyway. Same reason I don't bother with the Ring of Flame Resistance.

If I were to try melee, I'd use the exact same loadout, but switch the bow for whatever scaling weapon works best. I think I used a sharp uchi (doesn't that work at SL1? Don't remember)? Or magic if you're going that route, since that's his weakness? (in which case I might swap Thief's Ring for Ring of Magical Sharpness for extra bite.
    I've never tried to bow him down! Only if he got stuck somewhere.

Uchi requires a lot of stats so it is out of reach for a starting level.
    I have str14/ dex 12/ Int 6/ faith 13
    This probably means the only reasonable weapons are the above mentioned Blessed Halberd+5 or Blessed Longsword+5, what do you think?
    Dragon is not good against FL because of its fire res.
    Shields: Heater Shield+9 or Adjudicators Shield+5?
    Rings: Thiefs Ring and since I'm human (no Cling Ring needed) Eternal Warrior's Ring or Regenerator's Ring
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Oh yeah, I probably used dragon longsword for the SL1 playthrough, but since I used the sticky bow, Flamelurker's fire resistance didn't affect my fight.

Or you could just be a badass:
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:27 am

chantienyee wrote:Oh yeah, I probably used dragon longsword for the SL1 playthrough, but since I used the sticky bow, Flamelurker's fire resistance didn't affect my fight.

Or you could just be a badass:
    It's a nice fight, but how should a starting class ever use the Hands of God?
    Strength 19 is required!

Anyway, interesting to watch.

Any Dragon weapons aren't optimal against FL, as we already mentioned.

best wishes.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:19 am

I have tried the fight yesterday but it is a pure waist of time! FL finally always one shot me earlier or later.
    I don't progress any more, not even a millimetre. It becomes boring! I probably will cancel that start level toon /ng+ project soon.

I will try this bow trick one last time. Then I will invite other start level runners to help me. But there aren't really many of them.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:04 am

If you were on the NA servers, I'd put down my SL1 sign for you  sad
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:36 am

chantienyee wrote:If you were on the NA servers, I'd put down my SL1 sign for you  sad
    Thank you very much for your offer, unfortunately, I'm EU.

I hope that I'll find some co-op players anyway!

Best Wishes
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:25 am

don't have a sl1-4 with good equipment atm and have no time to make one - i would kill him for you solo. with some tries even without the rock trap glitch....

just trie the rock trap glitch on him, it works very good
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 am

Hello Walter,

Walter_White wrote:don't have a sl1-4 with good equipment atm and have no time to make one - i would kill him for you solo. with some tries even without the rock trap glitch....
    Thanks for your theoretical offer!

What do you understand of "good equipment"? I could possibly give you everything you need!
    Starting a new toon takes only 8 minutes and the world 2-1 is also done very quickly, as you know.

I desperately want enjoy watching you to die "for some tries"! biggrin 

best wishes
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:32 pm

it will take over 1 hour to get to FL and then i would try it for an hour, before i try the Rock Trap
    Till WE i haven't that time and the whole WE i'm away.

Perhaps next week.
    everything fully upgraded on the path with highest base damage, no split damage:
    heater shield
    halberd
    claymore
    knight sword
    compound short bow

other:
    heavy arrows
    have a collection of light armor with high fire defence, i need to be under 50% eq. load
    load of new moon grass and sticky white stuff

thief an cling ring i get in 1-1 - but if you already got two of them i would spare that part of 1-1.
    you also need the thiefs ring for you

first 10 tries: melee with halberd, or one of the swords
    next 10 tries: bow n roll like crazy
    after that rocktrap and arrow spam if you allow me to glitch him and the first 20 tries didn't work....but i'm sure i'll do it without glitching

Don't be greedy and do it the safe way (hit and run, bring a pillar between him and you ASAP if he gets you to eat grass)
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:43 am

Hello Walter,

yesterday we tried it for approx. 10 times. Me and two other guys. At least one of them are well experianced, he did DeS in Solo up to ng++ in the time when he didn't have any i-conn.

We couldn't manage him. Most of the fights were ended with less than 25% of FL hp having removed. So it really was frustrating! AoE attack one shotted me a few times, when I was too close.

I think I will try it a few more times but I'm sure, you can still try my FL too next week.

I never use armor, since armor doesn't really protect much and makes me slow.
    I used Blessed Long Sword+5 since this is the one with best dmg output after Dragon Long Sword. And Blessed weapons also regenerate my hp. The Blessed halberd is even better in dmg but only in 2H mode and R1 and the 2H mode is much too risky. Normal FL Attacks I can survive with a shield up. In 2H mode I always die on the spot.
    I used Heater Shield+9
    I used Thiefs Ring and Regenerators Ring.

I also have tried the rock glitch at the other fog, as you told me. It worked for about 30 arrows or so. FL sometimes jump to the right, I continue shooting and he jumps back and is stuck again - as you said. If I had the hyper mode for those 30 arrows, I think it still isn't enough to put him down. But hyper mode ist extremely risky. So I didn't try it in hyper mode.
    Shooting FL while he is stuck, he sometimes comes really near me anyway and this is the end.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:00 am

i'm pretty sure, that weaps on normal upgrade path (i think thats the one with the highest base damage) buffed with sticky white stuff do more damage than blessed on sl 1-4.

halberd: 2h R1 or 1h R1 nothing else. 2h R1 is faster than the 1h R1 but no shield, so you have to time it better.
    knight sword should be better than the long sword, the attacks are much faster and saver than the halberd attacks. Dragon upgrade path is crap for FL - still sure normal and sticky white stuff buffs is best.

So the problem is the AoE and the high aggression if you get his HP down. There you have to be very cautious, only attack when you are sure.

Forgett HP regen, it doesn't help. If you survive a hit the next one will be your end, if you don't heal. Running away from him until the regen fills up health to 100% takes too long. Run behind an obstacle and grass.
    Use Flame resistance ring, if it helps you to prevent one-shots, if not eternal warrior.

You can also test to use Ring of great strenght, flame resistance and more armor (still under 50%) to see if he can't one-shot you any more. But without Thiefs Ring healing is more diffcult, he won't leave you alone for a second.

Yo should always use armor, but nothing that slows stamina regen and nothing that brings you over 50%. Armor isn't as good as in DkS, but still helps.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:41 am

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your help, I will take this to heart, for sure.

Starting Class: Temple knight (s14, d12, m6, f13)

to the weapons dmg (all 1H):

Long Sword (2 kg)             192
    Blessed                             270
    Moon                                268

Knight Sword (3kg)           204
    Blessed                             286
    Moon                                286      

Falchion (1.5kg)                202
    Moon                                286

Scimitar (1kg)                  190
    Moon                               268

Kilij    (3kg)                      214
    Moon                               302

Winged Spear  (3kg)         202
    Moon                               286

Halberd    (3.5kg)             226
    Blessed                            319
    Moon                               319

Mirdan Hummer   (3.5kg)   228
    Blessed                             319
    Moon                                319

clothing: (Fire Prot/ weight)

Wizard's clothing: 40 /4.3
    Black leather 44 /3.1
    Sage's          49 /9.9
    Shaman's     37/3.3

Chain mail   59/25
    brushwood   83/45
    Fluted          64, 29.9
    Leather         51/7.9
    Mirdan          84/35.1

Where do I see whether the armor slowes down stamina regeneration?

Best wishes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 am