Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Sneezer
DOOM996
theGentleman
Fastlane
8 posters

Zweihander Build?

Fastlane

Zweihander Build? Empty Zweihander Build?

Post by Fastlane Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey guys,
    as the title says, I'm looking to create a Zweihander-build, meaning that I want to use this weapon.
    I know there are better ones, but I really love it.

Now I've read about "quality builds" and from what I understand they focus on dex and str for the Zweihander.
    Would it be good to put 27 in str and 40 in dex, the rest in vit and end?

Or what would you guys say, what would be the bet build to maximize the potential of this subpar build?

Thanks in advance
    theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Zweihander Build? Empty Re: Zweihander Build?

Post by theGentleman Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:45 pm

The Zwei scales better with Strength than Dex. So if you're looking for pure damage and using it as your primary weapon, you might want to invest more into that stat than Dex, unless there is another reason you'd want Dex to be that high.  With Dex between 20-25 you can use every weapon that I know of and invest more points into strength which will up your Zwei's output.
        It's difficult to tell how effective a build is without seeing the whole thing. Have you used this > http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/  ??

^You can play with your stats and see the results without having to put a dozen hours into a file only to be disappointed.
    DOOM996
    DOOM996

Post by DOOM996 Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:44 am

I´ve used the Zweihänder quiet a lot before i moved to the LC and Gargoyles Halberd. My strength is 50, Vitality 48 and Endurance 50 as well. You should definitely get high strength instead of Dex.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:06 am

If you're one handing a UGS, you're probably not doing it right. http://mmdks.com/3ut6
    A basic 27/40 quality build with a fairly effective armor setup that I like. the two hand bonus to strength essentially gives you 40 strength, saving you plenty of points to put in more important things.
    It's good to have a fast backup weapon with slower weapons like the Zwei, and it doesn't get much better than the rapier for utility. 
    When you're rocking a giant death-bringer sword like a Zwei, people tend to play carefully, so you'll have to catch them off guard. Make sure to space yourself properly and swap to and from your backup weapon when necessary.

Also, the Zwei is a quality weapon, not a strength weapon, so those investments into dex are actually better than strength in the grand scheme of things.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:44 am

http://mmdks.com/3utt this is my zweihänder loadout on a standart quality build. unlocked 2hR1 swings can prevent backstabs but a seasoned player could get through -> thorns equip and fast dagger pokes 'll let him think twice. if you don't like dagger/dark hand/bow and want a solid shield just take large leather for the same weight.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:11 pm

The only reason I'd offer for taking the 27/40 route is that amount of dex gives you a great damage output for bows.  But if you really want to concentrate on that single weapon, then even up the stats more.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:55 pm

To be perfectly honest, I don't like using a non-elemental zwei even after the patch to nerf them. Its either loads of stats invested for good damage or not-so-many stats invested for mediocre damage. Unless i'm using my maxed PvE character I much prefer the DGM.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 pm

I find the Zwie to be a good weapon for controlling the movement of larger enemies, namely ones like the Serpents and the Knights.  Being able to slam them to the ground means you can take them out without a lot of risk.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Is this for PvE or PvP?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm