Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
GrinTwist
Soul of Stray Demon
Rifter7
8 posters

Sunlight straight sword

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Sunlight straight sword Empty Sunlight straight sword

Post by Rifter7 Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm

I started using it again, and while the range takes some getting use I'm really having fun with it.

What's your opinion on this weapon?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Sunlight straight sword Empty Re: Sunlight straight sword

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Best Straight Sword, I love it. It's longer then the longsword, does more damage, and has the same move set. Slightly heavier, but if you're able to keep your roll, it's great.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:54 pm

its heavier and slower sad

i really dig the 1h r2 and 2h roll r1. bss has it beat i think.. but i dunno. i still like it.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 pm

I prefer the longsword because of how heavy and slow the sunlight straight sword is. The only time I used it was for my Solaire cosplay but I was never able to get used to the swing speed.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:08 pm

It's strong, but for my money, I still take the BSS any day.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:26 am

It's slightly longer than Longsword and has the same damage as Broadsword. To make up for it, it's one unit heavier and it's attacks are slower. 
    Take turns in swinging each of the straight swords and you'll see that all of them with weight higher than three units have slower attacks. This in turn makes it possible for people to get out of the weapons combo attacks, like R2 -> R2 -> R1 even without using Toggle Escape.
    SlintEastwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SlintEastwood Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:36 am

I really enjoy using the Sunlight Straight Sword. It's one of my favourite weapons to use at the moment, and I definitely prefer it to the longsword.

As for how good it is compared to the other straight swords the BSS is most definitely better. The BSS is basically a tier above all of the other straight swords.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:44 am

I beg to differ, but it all falls down to the swords usage.
    BSS is the best when it comes to spacing and keeping distance from your opponent thanks to those R2 pokes, but it can't chain as well. A well timed chain from Broadsword, or Longsword can do around 1200 damage and you can still add a backstab to that.
    SlintEastwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SlintEastwood Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:06 am

Sentiel wrote:I beg to differ, but it all falls down to the swords usage.
    BSS is the best when it comes to spacing and keeping distance from your opponent thanks to those R2 pokes, but it can't chain as well. A well timed chain from Broadsword, or Longsword can do around 1200 damage and you can still add a backstab to that.
    toggle

Also I've been infinitely stunlocked by the BSS on multiple occasions.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 am

Toggle isn't really a valid argument against me, because all it gets to the other player is Divine Blessing spam, or disconnect.

BSS can infinite stunlock? O_O
    I know it's R2 can chain into another R2 if you lack the Poise to tank it, but it shouldn't have infinite stunlock.
    Maybe R1 spam?
    SlintEastwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SlintEastwood Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 am

Sentiel wrote:Toggle isn't really a valid argument against me, because all it gets to the other player is Divine Blessing spam, or disconnect.

BSS can infinite stunlock? O_O
    I know it's R2 can chain into another R2 if you lack the Poise to tank it, but it shouldn't have infinite stunlock.
    Maybe R1 spam?
    BSS 1hr1's can infinitely stunlock (and I haven't been able to toggle out of it) but it probably has something to do with connecting with the right part of the blade or latency.

Also toggling is a valid argument. You disconnecting against people who toggle doesn't make a difference in that regard.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:37 am

Toggling is not a valid argument against me, it can be for you, but for me, it means less than Microsoft E3 press conference. Anyone who uses it when playing with me says "Sorry, bro I suck so much I have to resort to using a glitch" and I don't want to play with somebody like that.

Gonna have to test that BSS R1 stunlock then. It could be a good way to deal with 0 Poise DWGR players. I for one never knew it could stunlock like this. I wonder if other straight swords can do it as well...
    SlintEastwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SlintEastwood Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:53 am

Sentiel wrote:Anyone who uses it when playing with me says "Sorry, bro I suck so much I have to resort to using a glitch" and I don't want to play with somebody like that.
    With that mindset the odds are you're the one who sucks.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Sentiel wrote:Toggling is not a valid argument against me, it can be for you, but for me, it means less than Microsoft E3 press conference. Anyone who uses it when playing with me says "Sorry, bro I suck so much I have to resort to using a glitch" and I don't want to play with somebody like that.

Gonna have to test that BSS R1 stunlock then. It could be a good way to deal with 0 Poise DWGR players. I for one never knew it could stunlock like this. I wonder if other straight swords can do it as well...
    Toggle glitch creates a lot more variety on the armor setups people wear in this game and the rings/ tactics they use.
    Stunlocking only increases effortless mashing that (in my opinion) is not adding anything to the game.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:04 am

Juutas wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Toggling is not a valid argument against me, it can be for you, but for me, it means less than Microsoft E3 press conference. Anyone who uses it when playing with me says "Sorry, bro I suck so much I have to resort to using a glitch" and I don't want to play with somebody like that.

Toggle glitch creates a lot more variety on the armor setups people wear in this game and the rings/ tactics they use.
    Stunlocking only increases effortless mashing that (in my opinion) is not adding anything to the game.
    Mashing R1 vs mashing d-pad.
    Is that your argument? C'mon!
    Anyway. We talked about this MANY times already. Let's move the exploit discussion into one of the many exploit threads and leave this thread to be about Sunlight Straight Sword.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Juutas wrote:

Mashing R1 vs mashing d-pad.
    Is that your argument? C'mon!
    Anyway. We talked about this MANY times already. Let's move the exploit discussion into one of the many exploit threads and leave this thread to be about Sunlight Straight Sword.
    That's actually my argument 100%
    If someone should get away with just mashing R1, one should be able to escape it just as easily.

But you are right, let's stick to the point...

When I did testing with the Sunlight sword a while back I had trouble timing the same combos I got used to when I use Longsword, but I also noticed that the extra range comes handy at times when catching people with the R2's (both two handed and one handed).
    I'm actually making a gold themed build which could have Sunlight sword as a weapon so I can do more testing on it, but so far I prefer Longsword/Shortsword.

Sun
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:52 pm

I prefer the Darksword. I just find the R2s to be more fun, even if they aren't as effective.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am