Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Zwei doesn't deal Poise Damage on Pivot

OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Zwei doesn't deal Poise Damage on Pivot Empty Zwei doesn't deal Poise Damage on Pivot

Post by OrnsteinBro Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:54 pm

I don't know if it's swing speed differential, poise or something else altogether causing it since I've only noticed it today and tried it twice, but pivoting while executing the second R1 in the Zwei chain doesn't seem to inflict poise damage. At least, it doesn't maintain stunlock.

**I was two handing the Zwei in both scenarios, very sure of this

-----------
    First guy I was up against had 71 poise (I asked) and also had a Zwei. I caught him in a R1 (which staggered him). I immediately flipped the left thumbstick toward him (pivot) and R1'd again. He sustained damage from both hits, but wasn't staggered on the second hit (it was as if the blade just phased right through him) and proceeded to R1 me.

I could tell that he didn't toggle because he had a shotel in his other right hand slot (he used it earlier in the fight). Furthermore, he was two handing his Zwei was equipped before my first R1 connected, and still two-handing it when my second one did (and failed to lock him). Also, he didn't show the 'weapon swap' animation. He just straight up ignored the poise damage from my second R1.

------

The second case was a guy in maiden's robes and onionbro hat (I'd judge around 30-40 poise). I caught him in a R1 with my back facing him (he was fishing for a BS), then flipped the left thumbstick (pivot) and R1'd into his face. Again, he didn't stagger from the second R1 even though he did on the first, yet he sustained damage and proceeded to R1 me. No toggle escape as he was wielding a murakumo throughout and had no weapon swap animation.

-----

Everyone else that I Zwei R1 chained today stunlocked as per normal, but these two cases stand out because I can't fathom why the stagger failed to work, especially since they shouldn't have had enough poise to take either of the hits.

Has anyone experienced this as well? Can anyone confirm or refute this? I'd like to know for sure whether it's just a pair of oddities caused by lag, or if it is something consistent that can be replicated.

Last edited by OrnsteinBro on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Zwei doesn't deal Poise Damage on Pivot Empty Re: Zwei doesn't deal Poise Damage on Pivot

Post by Sentiel Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Zwei 2H R1 has infinite stunlock as far as I know and experienced. The second swing can also Dead Angle.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Zwei doesn't deal Poise Damage on Pivot Empty Re: Zwei doesn't deal Poise Damage on Pivot

Post by OrnsteinBro Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Which is exactly why I find these two cases so confusing. It wasn't toggle escape, but they ignored the stun altogether. The only similarity I can draw was the pivot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 am