Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
quench
GrinTwist
Hugh_G_Johnson
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Marino.
9 posters

This is how you DON'T play Souls Games

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

This is how you DON'T play Souls Games Empty This is how you DON'T play Souls Games

Post by Marino. Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Just thought i should share these delightful Let's Play Compilations .
    Discuss !

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

This is how you DON'T play Souls Games Empty Re: This is how you DON'T play Souls Games

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:07 pm

>DSP
    >don't even need to watch
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

This is how you DON'T play Souls Games Empty Re: This is how you DON'T play Souls Games

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:16 pm

In all seriousness though, I don't know why that guy has fans. He has the IQ of a walnut.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Someone doesn't like walnuts...

I wouldn't watch his stuff either, but I've watched most of the 'This is How you DON'T Play MGS' series.   It's hilarious watching him just butcher everything.  I was in tears more than once.  He talks through the cutscenes then wonders why he doesn't know what to do.  He's always complaining that the game doesn't tell him what to do.  In one boss fight he was going on and on about not getting instruction and not only does he not use the codec himself... when he gets a call he skips through it, cusses the game out more, tells the codec to shut up and resumes complaining that the game won't tell him what to.  You can't write this stuff; it's comic gold platinum.  

I will give one warning... his "commentary" during the cutscenes is of extremely mature subject matter yet itself is extremely immature and is not for the faint of heart.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:10 pm

I have a friend that watches him play. He really just watches it because of how incapable DSP is as a gamer. It's always fun to think that most of his subscribers are really just sitting behind their computer laughing at him trying to take a long ranged boss out with a shotgun or rushing through Dark Souls never paying attention to his environment.
    quench
    quench
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by quench Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:18 am

DSP the most painful and annoying watch on youtube if he's not acting all I can say is bellend
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:48 am

This is how you don't make a Let's Play more like. That was terrible, has somebody sent this to retsupurae yet?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:11 am

They've already done one of his videos, Chip Cheezum's account is what they did it on with Chip since he is an expert on Metal Gear and has done a Let's Play of basically every one of those games.  

You know it's a sort of odd state of things, this thread is basically **** talking another person completely.  At the same time i can't say I've ever heard of a fan of DSP that didn't watch him just to make fun of him.  I think he knows it too and that is pretty much the appeal, sort of odd isn't it?  I know I've made fun of him before on twitter and he retweeted me he seems to retweet negative comments towards himself.  It almost seems like a super elaborate and productive form of trolling since he does make money off of this.  If that's the case maybe he isn't as dumb as we think.

Though it's entirely possible he just isn't very good at playing video games.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:55 am

Tolvo, you can take a ruse to infinity and beyond . So even if DSP says something like "lol i was only acting retarded lololol" it wont change anything. Besides, he has been around for so long and was acting like a 7 yo even years ago i highly doubt that he was pulling a ruse . And no this thread isn't about trashtalking...just uhm let me think of something lol
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:02 pm

^Pm me a link to that video Tolvo. I'll watch it when I get back from work tomorrow.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:52 pm

I know, i was being a prick . But it was too tempting...

This is how you DON'T play Souls Games Lol10

Sorry about possibly necrobumping this Thread lol
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:40 pm

I had to watch his whole LP out of masochistic curiosity, but when I rifled through his playlists, it took forever to find it. He has like 200 playlists, and I had to hit "load more" about thirty times just to be able to use Ctrl+F!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:43 pm

It was funny, Marino. I genuinely laughed when I read that.
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:41 pm

I feel like such an idiot, because he actually learned how to use a bow more quickly than I did.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:24 pm

broken clocks...
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:29 pm

It wasn't until 21 10-minute parts that he learned how to level up, and even how to lock on.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:37 am

This guy may actually in fact have been born with a lower IQ than the average person. It's not his fault that he is the way he is.

That's what I'm going to keep telling myself.no see

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:51 am