Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
TomBombadil515*
ViralEnsign_
BloodTempest
Encore
NathanC
Pilgrim34
Micha369
CakeThiefPro
Derpwraith
Fen
Carphil
Say Xbox Again
Bassman Bob
Icegodzilla
Green__Eagle
Wilkinson3424
Seignar
SirArchmage
Werdax
Serious_Much
lonewolf
DyingAce
Elite Knight
Darkfallen
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sneezer
GrinTwist
Tolvo
Latitoast
Soul of Stray Demon
34 posters

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Poll

Who will win?

[ 10 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. I_vote_lcap67%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 5 ]
    BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. I_vote_lcap33%BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. I_vote_rcap [33%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. Empty BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Ok, so this is going to have a whole lot of parts in it.

This is just going to be a battle between the bosses (and some of the stronger enemies) in the game. Single Elimination, anything goes... 

http://challonge.com/w079ujf4

That's the bracket, I did not pick it, it is random. 

First round:  Four Kings vs Ornstein and Smough. Ornstein and Smough won. O&S had 8 points to Four Kings 5 points.

Second Round. Centipede Demon vs Capra Demon + Hounds. Centipede Demon won with a score of 9 to 0. 

Third Round. Quelaag vs Artorias.  Artorias wins with a score of 13 to 1.

Fourth Round. Stray Demon vs Gwyndolin. Gwyndolin wins with a score of 9 to 1.

Fifth Round. Seath vs Nito. Nito wins with a score of 11 to 6.

Sixth Round. Gwyn vs Sif. Gwyn wins with a score of 11 to 5.

Seventh Round. Sanctuary Guardian vs Gaping Dragon. Sanctuary Guardian won with a score of 9 to 2. 

Eight Round. Firesage vs Kalameet. Kalameet won with a score of 10 to 0.

Ninth Round. Pinwheel vs titanite Demon. Pinwheel won with a score of 8 to 2.

Tenth Round. Iron Golem vs Moonlight Butterfly. Iron Golem won with a score of 13 to 8.

Eleventh Round. Manus vs Ceaseless Discharge. Manus wins, with an obvious.

Twelfth Round. Three Giant Cats, vs Tauras Demon. Giant Cats win with a score of 9 to 0.

Thirteenth Round. Havel vs Ornstein and Smough. O&S won with a score of 14 to 2.

Fourteenth Round. Centipede Demon vs Artorias. Artorias wins with a score of 12 to 2.

Fifteenth Round. Nito vs Gwyn. Gwyn wins with a score of 12 to 4.

Sixteenth Round. Belfry Gargoyles vs Sanctuary Guardian. Sanctuary Guardian wins by discussion in chat.

Seventeeth Round. Kalameet vs Pinwheel. Kalameet wins by default.

Eighteenth Round. Priscilla vs Iron Golem. Iron Golem wins.

Nineteenth Round. Manus vs Three Giant Cats. Manus wins.

Twentieth Round. Ornstien and Smough vs Artorias. Ornstein and Smough win with a score of 9 to 7.

Twenty-First Round. Gwyndolin vs Gwyn. Gwyn won with a score of 11 to 2.

Twenty-Second Round. Sanctuary Guardian vs Kalameet. Kalameet wins.

Twenty-Third Round. Iron Golem vs Manus. Manus wins.

Twenty-Fourth Round. Ornstien and Smough vs Gwyn. Ornstein and Smough win with a score of 8 to 3.

Twenty-Fifth Round. Kalameet vs Manus. 

ALSO. Discuss and Debate over who should win. This is taking into account both gameplay wise and lore wise.... 

If you ever change your mind at any point, feel free to take back your vote and go for the other one. After an appropriate amount of time, the voting will end and the winner will be decided.

And Remember if you vote, Please leave a comment explaining why. Even if you don't have much of a good reason, you can just say that. 

DO NOT DOWNREP IN THIS THREAD UNLESS THEY ARE CLEARLY GOING AGAINST THE RULES.... I don't want people getting downrepped just because they disagree with you.

Well I am allowed to vote, in order to try to stay fair, I will not reveal who I voted for.

Any dispute over how they will fight will be settled by me.

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:41 pm; edited 33 times in total
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Latitoast Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Pinwheel is unstoppable, he'll beat everyone.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. Empty Re: BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus.

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:12 pm

Latitoast wrote:Pinwheel is unstoppable, he'll beat everyone.
    Who knows, He may be able to beat the titanite Demon. It's possible.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Due to how the AI work with targeting, they'd have no way of knowing which Pinwheel is the real one.  Thus any boss could get stuck going through a wave of illusions with the multiple Pinwheels just wearing them down.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Tolvo wrote:Due to how the AI work with targeting, they'd have no way of knowing which Pinwheel is the real one.  Thus any boss could get stuck going through a wave of illusions with the multiple Pinwheels just wearing them down.
    We're assuming a mix of AI and Lore. So depending on the enemy it would easy for pinwheel or hard..

Also AoE attacks can come in quite handy against Pinwheel. Nito could destroy pinwheel due to the skeletons. 

Actually thinking about it. Pinwheel floats and the titanite Demon is blind, easy win for him.

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Possibly O&S, mainly because I have no idea what will happen to the Four Kings if they aren't dwelling within the the abyss. However, if they are fighting within the abyss who's to say that O&S won't simply die because they couldn't transverse the abyss?

I'd say for a fight like this location is one of the prime things that matters for lore reasons, at least.

Ignoring all that however, I think one of the huge reasons O&S would win is mainly because of Ornstein's lunge attacks, that can do a large amount of damage and have a large range, and that's not to mention his ranged lightning attack that he could use. (Although that would be at his detriment seeing as the Four Kings also have a strong ranged magic attack).

I think most of the fight would really be Ornstein against the Four Kings simply because Smough would just rush into their AoE attacks and die mid-fight.

It would be an interesting fight to see though, if you could pull it off.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:27 pm

GrinTwist wrote:Possibly O&S, mainly because I have no idea what will happen to the Four Kings if they aren't dwelling within the the abyss. However, if they are fighting within the abyss who's to say that O&S won't simply die because they couldn't transverse the abyss?

I'd say for a fight like this location is one of the prime things that matters for lore reasons, at least.

Ignoring all that however, I think one of the huge reasons O&S would win is mainly because of Ornstein's lunge attacks, that can do a large amount of damage and have a large range, and that's not to mention his ranged lightning attack that he could use. (Although that would be at his detriment seeing as the Four Kings also have a strong ranged magic attack).

I think most of the fight would really be Ornstein against the Four Kings simply because Smough would just rush into their AoE attacks and die mid-fight.

It would be an interesting fight to see though, if you could pull it off.
    Yeah, but we can't include the abyss in this or else it would come down to the Four Kings vs Manus.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Then lore wise, the Four Kings may be at a disadvantage when it comes down to location. Mainly because they may rely on the abyss for their power (BIG maybe on that).
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:35 pm

GrinTwist wrote:Then lore wise, the Four Kings may be at a disadvantage when it comes down to location. Mainly because they may rely on the abyss for their power (BIG maybe on that).
    They should still get their power though, they just can't be allowed to let the abyss insta-kill everything.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:40 pm

The Kings have O&s beat at their own ganking game. 4 on 2 sounds like it's in the King's favor to me, and the Kings just seem more powerful in general.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:Then lore wise, the Four Kings may be at a disadvantage when it comes down to location. Mainly because they may rely on the abyss for their power (BIG maybe on that).
    They should still get their power though, they just can't be allowed to let the abyss insta-kill everything.
    I mean as to whether they draw their power from the abyss itself (Essentially using the abyss to gain or "charge" their magic) and not let the fall kill them.

@Sneezer That only depends on if the Four Kings will have enough time to all come on to the battlefield at once. For all we know O&S could have enough time to take the Four Kings one at a time.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:25 am

I say O&S because they fight in tandem the 4 Kings come in waves, if it was all 4 at once then I'd say differently.

Overall, I say Ceaseless Discharge is in with a shot. He's really done in by his unfriendly battle location in the game. On a safer platform I feel like he could do some damage.

For the record, we have done this before. Albeit with NPCs. https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t17109-ultimate-lordran-tournament-main-page#333058
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:53 am

GrinTwist wrote:
    @Sneezer That only depends on if the Four Kings will have enough time to all come on to the battlefield at once. For all we know O&S could have enough time to take the Four Kings one at a time.
    Well, if you argue that the Kings won't be in the Abyss, you can't expect their method of engagement to be the same from when the player fights them.
    Darkfallen
    Darkfallen

Post by Darkfallen Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:19 am

You could definitely say that the four kings have an advantage in a manner but most of the four kings attacks would be extremely slow due to their massive size, like Smough. Ornstein would probably have way to much time to react to whatever they may or may not do, along with this Ornstein and Smough also have a tiny little trick they use where when one of them falls in battle the other drains their power to make themselves stronger, The four kings may kill one but the other will become a bigger issue, and I can probably say without a doubt that at least 2 of the 4 Kings would have fallen or been seriously injured in the time it took for them to take out one of the two ((Ornstein or Smough)), Personal opinion here though.

So In my mind Ornstein and Smough take the cake
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:25 am

Alright if we want to do this basically as authentically as possible it will matter who gets in the first hit.

Reason being, Four Kings deal magic damage mainly.  The idea of magic is that it goes through armor or is powerful enough to break it unless the material is resistant.  Stone would not be less likely to shatter than well designed plate metal but if the metal lets the magic go through then stone would block it.  So as such Ornstein and Smough's armor would add little to the fight.

The Four Kings have just their bodies and no real armor, as well Ornstein can deal lightning damage.  When one dies the other gets faster, and more powerful.  

Considering that armor is pointless whoever hits the other would win first.  There are ranged magical abilities, ornstein's is much faster so it will hit first.  His has less wind up time even.  Now considering that armor means little, Ornstein dodges a lot and quite quickly.  Meaning he is the least likely character to die in the entire fight.  Smough on the other hand could very well be the first to die upon reaching one of the kings.  However in doing so this would mean Ornstein could absorb his power and then become even stronger, dash further, deal more lightning damage.  

Now it is unfair to say the FOur kings would lose without the Abyss, or that Ornstein and Smough would instantly die fighting in the abyss.  We need a way for both parties to fight, so let's say both Artorias and Smough have a ring that lets them walk in the abyss or maybe they struck up a deal like Artorias.

Thus if you ask me who would win, Ornstein and Smough mainly because of Ornstein.  One thrust from his spear would go right into the chest cavity of a King killing them, just as one slice from their sword could go through armor and kill Ornstein or Smough.  But given that Ornstein will constantly be dodging, using ranged advantages and using his speed he would be the major deciding factor.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Ok, so it's decided then Ornstein and Smough win. 

Tourney now looks like this. http://challonge.com/w079ujf4
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. Currently Round 25 Kalameet vs Manus. Empty BOSS BATTLE TOURNEY. ROUND 2

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:11 pm

This is just going to be a battle between the bosses (and some of the stronger enemies) in the game. Single Elimination, anything goes... 

http://challonge.com/w079ujf4

That's the bracket, I did not pick it, it is random. 

First round: Four Kings vs Ornstein and Smough. Victor was Ornstein and Smough. O&S had 8 votes vs the Four Kings 5 votes. 

Second Round: Centipede Demon vs Capra Demon with Hounds.
    Centipede had 9 votes vs the Capra's no points.

Third Round. Quelaag vs Artorias.

ALSO. Discuss and Debate over who should win. This is taking into account both gameplay wise and lore wise....  All bosses are also at their ng+ (only one ng+ not 7)

If you ever change your mind at any point, feel free to take back your vote and go for the other one. After an appropriate amount of time, the voting will end and the winner will be decided.

And Remember if you vote, Please leave a comment explaining why. Even if you don't have much of a good reason, you can just say that. 

DO NOT DOWNREP IN THIS THREAD UNLESS THEY ARE CLEARLY GOING AGAINST THE RULES.... I don't want people getting downrepped just because they disagree with you.

Well I am allowed to vote, in order to try to stay fair, I will not reveal who I voted for.

Any dispute over how they will fight will be settled by me.

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Capra demon has less health, deals less damage, has less reach, and is slower.

Centipede demon is larger, has more health, deals more damage, longer reach, is faster, and is immune to fire damage.  

This is an incredibly one sided fight, I can't think of a way for the Capra to win.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Yeah, I really can't think of one either. 

But who knows, maybe someone can come up with a good argument why Capra would win. 

Anyone wanna try?
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:14 pm

I have to agree with Tolvo. Centipede has all the advantages here. Not even Capra's dogs can save him in this fight. >:I

I give it to Centi.
    DyingAce
    DyingAce
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DyingAce Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:19 pm

All Capra has is numbers that will quickly die. Maybe Centi gets distracted by dogs enough that Capra wiggles out a win?....Still voted for Centi.

And from a lore point, Centi is an abomination from a ring while Capra is some common demon in the demon ruins.

Last edited by DyingAce on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:20 pm

I have to give it to centerpeed unleas its a ng+7 capra and a ng centerpeed then he might have a chance if not then hes toast
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:23 pm

lonewolf wrote:I have to give it to centerpeed unleas its a ng+7 capra and a ng centerpeed then he might have a chance if not then hes toast
    All bosses are at their NG+ state.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Then hes toast (mmmm crispy)
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:31 pm

O&S > Havel, I'm sorry but Smough could probably smack Havel's Greatshield out of his face, and he just isn't capable of contending with the both of them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am