Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Elifia
Shakie666
Bassman Bob
ViralEnsign_
IzalithFM
Demon Slayer
Darkfallen
Chaos Spectre
Sneezer
Paragon
Acarnatia
Xero
Zeta Prime
Soul of Stray Demon
Aigaios
Latitoast
twigsterxd
SpecterOranges
skarekrow13
TomBombadil515*
Hue
NathanC
Thxodore
CakeThiefPro
homelessguy
29 posters

strongest human in dark souls

Poll

strongest human

[ 0 ]
    strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 14 ]
    strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap30%strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [30%] 
    [ 0 ]
    strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 18 ]
    strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap39%strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [39%] 
    [ 4 ]
    strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap9%strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [11%] 

Total Votes: 46
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

strongest human in dark souls  - Page 4 Empty Re: strongest human in dark souls

Post by NathanC Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Has anyone considered making characters with the exact stats of said NPC's, cosplaying, and then dueling?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Gonna say it, Realism wise, all the NPCs are dead..... 

Actually, any of the mid rollers or slow rollers, automatically lose, unless they drop some of that weight. If they aren't fast enough to catch up to a fast moving ranged fighter, then they just wouldn't stand a chance. 

So now we have, Pharis, Dusk (who is actually a candidate due to her ability to disguise herself,) Logan, Chester, Jeremiah (who will win against pretty much any magic user, including Logan), Mildred, Beatrice, Oswald (if he fast rolls), and the forest ninja, (if I'm not forgetting anyone.)

I would argue, either, Chester, Jeremiah, Forest Ninja, Dusk, or Pharis. 

Most likely the forest ninja, just because he's almost invisible, and he has good close range fighting, and will stunlock any of the other fast rollers. (So basically, he counteracts all long ranged fighting (they wouldn't be able to hit him), and they wouldn't be able to escape his stunlock)
    SpecterOranges
    SpecterOranges
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SpecterOranges Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Heavy armor isn't bad in real life. Heavy armor is built to deal with inferior weaponry. That's why a lot of western weapons were developed to crush armor whereas a lot of eastern weaponry was developed to cut very easily. Westerners used a lot heavier armor and a lot of cavalry. Which was why polearms were developed. Heavy armor just shrugs off a lot of normal weapons with no real damage. Rapiers are used to attack between the plates of heavier armors instead of attacking the armor itself, as a side-note.

Come to think of it, if someone could ride horses, this would be over pretty quickly since cavalry generally beats everything in early war practices, especially Gwyn's lightning bombardment.

...........? Wait... if their lightning spears were used as bombardment as a catapult would... then why do so few people in this world have the knowledge to use that? Curious...

Ah, anyway... again, really, are there no horses in this world? If that's the case, are they in a place without horses? Because that significantly changes the equation if so.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:00 pm

SpecterOranges wrote:Heavy armor isn't bad in real life. Heavy armor is built to deal with inferior weaponry. That's why a lot of western weapons were developed to crush armor whereas a lot of eastern weaponry was developed to cut very easily. Westerners used a lot heavier armor and a lot of cavalry. Which was why polearms were developed.

Come to think of it, if someone could ride horses, this would be over pretty quickly since cavalry generally beats everything in early war practices, especially Gwyn's lightning bombardment.

...........? Wait... if their lightning spears were used as bombardment as a catapult would... then why do so few people in this world have the knowledge to use that? Curious...

Ah, anyway... again, really, are there no horses in this world? If that's the case, are they in a place without horses? Because that significantly changes the equation if so.
    Yeah, but armor made of stone is just ridiculous. It's totally inefficient. And I don't believe they can mount anything in battle. (Well they could ride a hollow or something, but you know what I mean.) The thing is, that in Dark Souls, the attacks will penetrate enough. And all you need then is speed and range, and you can beat any heavy attacker.
    SpecterOranges
    SpecterOranges
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SpecterOranges Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    SpecterOranges wrote:Heavy armor isn't bad in real life. Heavy armor is built to deal with inferior weaponry. That's why a lot of western weapons were developed to crush armor whereas a lot of eastern weaponry was developed to cut very easily. Westerners used a lot heavier armor and a lot of cavalry. Which was why polearms were developed.

Yeah, but armor made of stone is just ridiculous. It's totally inefficient. And I don't believe they can mount anything in battle. (Well they could ride a hollow or something, but you know what I mean.) The thing is, that in Dark Souls, the attacks will penetrate enough. And all you need then is speed and range, and you can beat any heavy attacker.
    But that's going back to mechanics.

While Havel's armor is ridiculous, Tarkus's would be effective at deflecting arrows.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:26 pm

SpecterOranges wrote:

But that's going back to mechanics.

While Havel's armor is ridiculous, Tarkus's would be effective at deflecting arrows.
    While still considering the speed, and being fired from a bow wielder with the same skill as one who can shoot down a dragon while blind, I would think Pharis could just aim right at the weak spots.
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:54 am

Tarkus has no weak spots.
    SpecterOranges
    SpecterOranges
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SpecterOranges Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:50 am

Xero wrote:Tarkus has no weak spots.
    Except high places. Darn vertigo.
    IzalithFM
    IzalithFM

Post by IzalithFM Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Lore wise i would have to vote for either Logan or the eldest daughter of chaos.

Logan is presumably the most powerful magic user in lordran (we don't know how powerful Beatrice is), all of his spell descriptions say that his magics were "on par with the armaments of ancient lords" which implies they are equivalent to Gywn's lighting at the height of his power. furthermore he ends up creating a spell which replicates Seath the scaleless' power, the last remaining ancient dragon. Thats pretty OP.

The eldest daughter of chaos presumably was around during the dragon wars, she must of taken part in the great fire-storm weaving, she also must have known fire magic before pyromancy was born. Being the eldest i assume she was the most powerful of the daughters, and the fact that she remains in Izalith and hasn't turned into a hideous demon is impressive. The only reason i would put her as more powerful than Quelana is because she uses Chaos pyromancies, which seem to be more powerful.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:55 pm

I would have said Leeroy, not only because of his immense physical strength but also because of his spiritual strength. I mean who would willingly go up against my Master Nito, First of the Dead?
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:43 pm

Pretty much everyone since he is so easy.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:30 pm

His armor would have weak spots, or else he wouldn't be able to see. (And if he can see, it would still most likely be weaker then the rest of the armor, considering the level of technology they have)
    SpecterOranges
    SpecterOranges
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SpecterOranges Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:37 pm

His armor would have weak spots, or else he wouldn't be able to see. (And if he can see, it would still most likely be weaker then the rest of the armor, considering the level of technology they have)
    Logically if you're aware of a weak spot that's where you put your defense, so it would actually be less effective to attack the weak spot of a trained fighter than to fight their stronger points, if just for the value of surprising them.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:38 pm

SpecterOranges wrote:
    Logically if you're aware of a weak spot that's where you put your defense, so it would actually be less effective to attack the weak spot of a trained fighter than to fight their stronger points, if just for the value of surprising them.
    Then logically the weak spot, would be the stronger points..... But there still is a weak spot.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Tarkus is wearing the tuxedo of armor. Advantage: fashion
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Gameplay wise Leeroy gets my vote. 2000+ damage in ng+ is enough to 1shot or at least 2shot most other npc's.
    Lore wise Havel. Because he was apparently badass enough to run around killing dragons while wearing what was likely once part of a mountain, And using one of their tooth as a weapon.
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:27 am

Bob, no matter how logical your post is, or how intruguing it is....

Your picture still kills me, man. I stare at it for hours on end contemplating the universe
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought that this thread was about who was physically strongest, not who was the most adept at combat. In this case, i'm inclined to say havel. Unless you include the chosen undead, in which case its him/her.
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

Post by NathanC Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Shakie666 wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought that this thread was about who was physically strongest, not who was the most adept at combat. In this case, i'm inclined to say havel. Unless you include the chosen undead, in which case its him/her.
    That was the idea. And I think when we left the idea, Havel was in the lead.

But, sometimes threads evolve, and sometimes they derail. Just how it works.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:03 pm

NathanC wrote:
    Shakie666 wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought that this thread was about who was physically strongest, not who was the most adept at combat. In this case, i'm inclined to say havel. Unless you include the chosen undead, in which case its him/her.

Then I think no one wins.... because even strength is challenge-able. Max Capacity or Endurance?
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:24 am

NathanC wrote:

Then I think no one wins.... because even strength is challenge-able. Max Capacity or Endurance?
    Lore-wise, most likely Havel.
    Gameplay wise, an over leveled chosen undead
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

Post by NathanC Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:30 am

Hue wrote:
    NathanC wrote:

Lore-wise, most likely Havel.
    Gameplay wise, an over leveled chosen undead
    There's no such thing as an over-leveled chosen undead!

Just an under-leveled one.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 am

I thought the Chosen Undead was specifically not applicable for this.

In terms of their Strength parameter, Havel. The only weapon any npc uses that requires more strength is Smough's Hammer, and he's not human.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:23 am

Acarnatia wrote:I thought the Chosen Undead was specifically not applicable for this.

In terms of their Strength parameter, Havel. The only weapon any npc uses that requires more strength is Smough's Hammer, and he's not human.
    Smough 2Hs his hammer though. Havel 1Hs his shield. So Havel is stronger than Smough happy
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 am

Pharis and Rendall with 0 votes....woe is me...winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm