Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
mr_no_face
6 posters

I blew my own mind

mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I blew my own mind Empty I blew my own mind

Post by mr_no_face Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:47 pm

I just thought of and awesome idea. I was watching some tokyo game show gameplay of Dark 2 's beta and I noticed that the phantoms that phase in and out of your game are more detailed which is GREAT!... I noticed that there was one particular playing that was in view for a good amount of time ( it could have been more than one of the same class in and out unnoticably but) What if there was an item that could allow you to see either your friends or your most recent summon for extended amounts of time,
    maybe even until you use the item again to disable it?

This could bring means of coop without people carrying a noob through the game. I know it may take away from the secluded feeling in the game but it could be an item found later in the game or off in a hidden area. what do you think
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I blew my own mind Empty Re: I blew my own mind

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:04 am

What do you mean the phantoms are more "detailed?"

They looked the same to me.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:19 am

I think mr no face is right, i noticed that too. It seems like the apparitions are "fuller" if that makes sense.. In DkS1 there was less reflected light on them, and thus more transparency.. But that could simply be the angle of the shot and the fact that it was recorded from what seems to be a smartphone..  

an item like that would actually be pretty cool if it were limited to a specific area and didnt take away from the lonely journey element. Perhaps if there were a covenant area, like a sanctuary where when you entered and within a certain perimeter you could see other members of your covenant; like its somehow an overlap of paralell worlds at said point
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:15 am

Textures and other details will probably be some of the last things to be implemented into the game.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:14 pm

Detailed meaning like you could see the exact equipment the other player was using.and the item could be used fog to fog as if you were to summon them but it be sort of like half way summoning . Like opening the rift between players games so you could see each other but not interact such as combating foes or dropping items
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:38 pm

phastings wrote:Perhaps if there were a covenant area, like a sanctuary where when you entered and within a certain perimeter you could see other members of your covenant; like its somehow an overlap of paralell worlds at said point
    I think that could be a cool.  being able to see your covenant comrades but have them still out of reach.  I think you do see that a little more around bonfires in DaS.  could be wrong though.
    OGS0ulsFAN
    OGS0ulsFAN

Post by OGS0ulsFAN Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:48 pm

phastings wrote:I think mr no face is right, i noticed that too. It seems like the apparitions are "fuller" if that makes sense.. In DkS1 there was less reflected light on them, and thus more transparency.. But that could simply be the angle of the shot and the fact that it was recorded from what seems to be a smartphone..  

an item like that would actually be pretty cool if it were limited to a specific area and didnt take away from the lonely journey element. Perhaps if there were a covenant area, like a sanctuary where when you entered and within a certain perimeter you could see other members of your covenant; like its somehow an overlap of paralell worlds at said point
    i think thats a great idea, but i think it should be a covenant reward for serving said group
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:28 pm

mr_no_face wrote:Detailed meaning like you could see the exact equipment the other player was using.
    No, details as in just that. Beta gameplay often looks much different from the end result. We still have almost 6 months to go and in that time they'll most likely work on the finishing touches i.e. graphics. How the phantoms looks now is almost irrelevant as this could change drastically depending on how the developers feel.

Take the souls animation for example. At E3 it was very bold and bright, almost 2d, but now they made it looks a bit darker and softer. That too will probably change by the time the game comes out.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 pm

In DaS you can already see full equipment when near a bonfire.  when out in the world you can only see weapon and shield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:52 am