Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
alchemydesign
Flankydizzle
Sneezer
DyingAce
Hatsune Miku
JulioDRai
Mental Gear
Green__Eagle
Shakie666
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
retro
15 posters

concrete data on titanite slab drop rates

Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

concrete data on titanite slab drop rates - Page 2 Empty Re: concrete data on titanite slab drop rates

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Maybe when a character is made, the numbers table it uses is chosen then, and is never changed since, and maybe most of the numbers table don't actually happen to be as fairly distributed as they probably should be.
    ^ That what I say.

You don't say?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

concrete data on titanite slab drop rates - Page 2 Empty Re: concrete data on titanite slab drop rates

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Hatsune Miku wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Maybe when a character is made, the numbers table it uses is chosen then, and is never changed since, and maybe most of the numbers table don't actually happen to be as fairly distributed as they probably should be.
    ^ That what I say.

You don't say?
    I put it into more "scientificey" words. Makes me seem like I know my stuff.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Why the -1? +1 to you to compensate.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:43 am

befowler wrote:I also think there's more to it than the item discovery rate.  I have one character that is noticeably luckier than my other ones, and have had other folks tell me the same thing...
    Does your "lucky" character have the pendant, by chance? :-) Perhaps as a starting gift?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:33 am

Green__Eagle wrote:
    befowler wrote:I also think there's more to it than the item discovery rate.  I have one character that is noticeably luckier than my other ones, and have had other folks tell me the same thing...
    Does your "lucky" character have the pendant, by chance? :-) Perhaps as a starting gift?
    Master Keys all the way, over here.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:
    That would be hilarious, if they hid luck in the pendant choice.... I love that idea.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:55 pm

The pendant thing occurred to me as well, but sadly mine is a master key one.  Nothing remarkable about it really, I just went with a pretty default female mage to start with.  And I never said I had an explanation for it, but the difference is striking.  You can literally switch characters and watch the drop rates increase.  Here's an example.  I currently have 3 sl99 characters parked in the Township for co-op.  1 str build, 1 faith, 1 magic.  The magic one is the "lucky" character.  All 3 have 99 humanity, none wear the gold ring.  When I'm waiting around to be summoned, I amuse myself by trying to kill the bloat head mobs in various creative ways, and then reset at the bonfire.  I use some of the characters less often than others, and don't "farm" the mobs consistently (depends on coop speed, really), but nonetheless here's a breakdown of how many hours of gameplay each one has, and how many "bloated head" drops they've picked up.  See if you can spot the lucky one.

163 hrs, 8 bloated heads
    109 hrs, 23 bloated heads
    87 hrs, 6 bloated heads
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:19 am

I think they increased the drop rate at patch 1.09.

I used to farm for Slabs constantly and get nothing. Now I get them occasionally when farming for Chunks.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:26 pm

I don't know, I think the item discovery stat is probably sufficient for explaining the random drops, and not some other unknown element. Especially since this involves poking into the game data and looking at the numbers involved that influence the drop rate, and the ranges of numbers needed to obtain the drops.

One real-life example that helps support this- Speed runs. For a while, people were keeping track of the Black Knight Halberd drops, based on having 3 (vs.1 or vs.4) at that point in the run.

I think after a couple hundred events logged, the results wound up very similar to the predicted drop rates made by the same person mentioned in the OP. So it seemed to match up once a decent sample-size was obtained.

There COULD be somewhat of wild-card here, though. I know someone else who was looking into the game data and they claimed that the values for Item Discovery did not cap at 10 Soft Humanity. They said what happened was that the displayed stat for Item Discovery freezes at 10, however the actual value 'behind-the-scenes' still increases. How far does it go by itself? I'm not sure. I believe he said that item discovery still capped at 410 total, so 15 humanity + the ring isn't better than 10 humanity plus the ring, but according to him 15 humanity by itself is better than 10 humanity by itself.

I'll have to ask some follow-up questions and try to validate that...
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:36 pm

retro wrote:I don't know, I think the item discovery stat is probably sufficient for explaining the random drops, and not some other unknown element. Especially since this involves poking into the game data and looking at the numbers involved that influence the drop rate, and the ranges of numbers needed to obtain the drops.

One real-life example that helps support this- Speed runs. For a while, people were keeping track of the Black Knight Halberd drops, based on having 3 (vs.1 or vs.4) at that point in the run.

I think after a couple hundred events logged, the results wound up very similar to the predicted drop rates made by the same person mentioned in the OP. So it seemed to match up once a decent sample-size was obtained.

There COULD be somewhat of wild-card here, though. I know someone else who was looking into the game data and they claimed that the values for Item Discovery did not cap at 10 Soft Humanity. They said what happened was that the displayed stat for Item Discovery freezes at 10, however the actual value 'behind-the-scenes' still increases. How far does it go by itself? I'm not sure. I believe he said that item discovery still capped at 410 total, so 15 humanity + the ring isn't better than 10 humanity plus the ring, but according to him 15 humanity by itself is better than 10 humanity by itself.

I'll have to ask some follow-up questions and try to validate that...
    Well I know before patch, humanity increased your item discovery by much less, and in order to get max, you actually had to have 99 humanity. Although the values displayed at max humanity then, and the values displayed at 10 humanity now, are the same amount.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:38 am

I can look into this while I'm doing my unpatched play through. Humanity is very rare so I may have to wait to farm the baby skeletons.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I can look into this while I'm doing my unpatched play through. Humanity is very rare so I may have to wait to farm the baby skeletons.
    Dragon Head Glitch it, it's quite easy, and all you would need is to also have one grass crest shield equipped, and the stamina doesn't decrease. 

It's actually quite fun to stack a whole bunch of poise, and then do infinite humanity, and walk past enemies. They don't stagger you, and any damage taken is instantly healed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:12 pm