Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

L weapon 2 & R weapon 2.

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

L weapon 2 & R weapon 2.   Empty L weapon 2 & R weapon 2.

Post by Odinbear Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Question....  In the stats, 
    There are 2 stats for each hand (R Weapon 1, R Weapon 2, L Weapon 1 & L Weapon 2), when you put points into certain stats #2 Lor R might go up.  Question is what is #2 for and how would it affect , say, using 2 shields in your left hand and 2 weapons in your right.  I've not ever understood this.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

L weapon 2 & R weapon 2.   Empty Re: L weapon 2 & R weapon 2.

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 pm

It's just a reflection of what you're actually carrying in each hand (as each has a backup weapon to fast swap to).  The numbers go up during leveling based on what's actually in hand at the moment.  So if I have my Great Scythe in the Right Hand 1 slot and Priscilla's dagger in the Right hand 2 slot then increasing my dex stat should be reflected for both weapons by increased damage output.

So #2 might go up and not #1 based on what's equipped. If I increased dex and had a str weapon for instance it wouldn't show an increase. Or sometimes different scaling might lead to disparity too. I could be wrong but I believe I recall leveling dex when I first started playing and only having the #2 go up despite scaling on both. In my case I was using a straight sword with "meh" dex scaling on my slot #1 and a bow with pretty good dex scaling in my slot #2
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:26 pm

The points next to "Left/Right hand weapon 1/2" are the Attack Rating of the weapon you have equipped in that hand. All this means when the numbers change is that as you upgrade your stats that increase your damage, it shows how much stronger the weapon gets.

So say in the two slots for your right hand you have a Divine Longsword and an Estoc +5. When you go to level up, if you start putting points into Faith, the number for "Right Hand Weapon 1" will go up because the Divine Longsword gets stronger as you get more Faith, but the number for "Right Hand Weapon 2" will not change because the Estoc doesn't scale with Faith and so doesn't get any stronger. However, put points into Dexterity, and both numbers for "Right Hand Weapon 1" and "Right Hand Weapon 2" will change because both weapons scale with Dexterity, showing that they're both getting stronger rather than just one of them.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:42 am

Hmmm, gonna haft a do some weapon swapping to see what's up. Did not realize those #'s changed depending on what is equipped
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Odinbear wrote:Hmmm, gonna haft a do some weapon swapping to see what's up. Did not realize those #'s changed depending on what is equipped
    The number is directly tied to each weapon individually since they show how strong that weapon is.  So if you have a Claymore with a damage rating of 300, then no matter which hand you put it in, that hand will give you the number 300.  Swapping around will not change that weapon's number, because no matter what hand it's in it will still be the same strength.  That 300 will move to a different hand, but it will still be 300 unless you level up.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Hmmm, gonna haft a do some weapon swapping to see what's up. Did not realize those #'s changed depending on what is equipped
    The number is directly tied to each weapon individually since they show how strong that weapon is.  So if you have a Claymore with a damage rating of 300, then no matter which hand you put it in, that hand will give you the number 300.  Swapping around will not change that weapon's number, because no matter what hand it's in it will still be the same strength.  That 300 will move to a different hand, but it will still be 300 unless you level up.
    Actually one thing though, I have gotten some very odd results with the greatbows and the damage in the r1 and l1 slots. I forgot it what it was, but when you have that thing 2 handed the numbers aren't the same, they are actually slightly off, (which is weird, because you have it equipped in only one hand, but it changes the damage values on both your slots)

Sorry I'm not explaining that well.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Ahh, well two-handing does change the values of some weapons because, while two-handing, it treats your strength stat as if it were 1.5x what it actually is. So if you have 20 strength, the game treats you as if you had 30 strength while two-handing. So any weapons that scale with strength will show higher numbers while two-handing because the stat is technically higher. Since a Greatbow has to be two-handed to use at all it actually only has the one value for it, though.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Reaperfan wrote:Ahh, well two-handing does change the values of some weapons because, while two-handing, it treats your strength stat as if it were 1.5x what it actually is.  So if you have 20 strength, the game treats you as if you had 30 strength while two-handing.  So any weapons that scale with strength will show higher numbers while two-handing because the stat is technically higher.  Since a Greatbow has to be two-handed to use at all it actually only has the one value for it, though.
    Hmm, maybe that's it. Maybe with the greatbow, it actually shows the 2 handed value in r1 and the 1 handed value in l1... I never thought of that. 

Although I didn't mean the damage increasing because of 2 handing, but the fact that the values were actually off while already holding it in both hands.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm