Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Shakie666
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Zeta Prime
NathanC
9 posters

So I just got me a copy of Demo's Soul's

NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

So I just got me a copy of Demo's Soul's Empty So I just got me a copy of Demo's Soul's

Post by NathanC Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:08 am

I've had a PS3 for awhile now, though it was out of order.

But, a $50 PSU, and $5 worth of thermal paste and it's running again. That, and I didn't pay a dime for it so I'd say I made out pretty well.

Anyway, now that's it's working I needed a game, and without a second thought picked up Demon's Soul's. I've played Dark Soul's for more than 200 hours at this point. But prior to later today, have never played Demon's Soul's.

So without any spoilers. What can I expect? I read through the manual, and the combat appears to be the same. Will there be any huge notable curves to playing it? Or will my DkS experience do me well.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So I just got me a copy of Demo's Soul's Empty Re: So I just got me a copy of Demo's Soul's

Post by Zeta Prime Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:30 am

Your dark souls experience will do you very well. To me demons souls has a very different atmosphere... darker in a lot of ways. It's very similar to dark souls and you will no doubt pick up all the smaller learning curves as you go through the games. you'll notice that some differences such as the lack of plunging and jumping attacks but those aren't a big deal. The bigger differences come from the pvp side of things. pvp is demons souls is very different than in dark souls.. in my opinion

But all in all I know you'll love the game.
     so go on and play it!!!
    im exited for you!

Joy
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

So I just got me a copy of Demo's Soul's Empty Re: So I just got me a copy of Demo's Soul's

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 am

I just picked it up again recently (don't click my signature, there's LOTS of spoilers) to see how it held up. The answer is: Fantastic.

As far as specific expectations, I think you'll see enough similarities to know how to play yet enough differences where you're still gonna have many "Aw, crap" moments.
    NathanC
    NathanC
    Casual
    Casual

Post by NathanC Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Zeta Prime wrote:Your dark souls experience will do you very well. To me demons souls has a very different atmosphere... darker in a lot of ways. It's very similar to dark souls and you will no doubt pick up all the smaller learning curves as you go through the games. you'll notice that some differences such as the lack of plunging and jumping attacks but those aren't a big deal. The bigger differences come from the pvp side of things. pvp is demons souls is very different than in dark souls.. in my opinion

But all in all I know you'll love the game.
     so go on and play it!!!
    im exited for you!

The lack of those to attacks would have gotten me killed a few times I assure you, thanks for the heads up! And I can't wait to play either, only another 5 hours in the formatting process, WOO!

And I'm glad there will be some curve. I miss the challenge DkS first had. It was brutal ^_^
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Don't expect it to be like your first DkS playthrough. However, this is the next best thing, a seasoned player testing his wits against demon's souls. I did exactly the same as you. About 300 hours of DkS, bout demons and got through it in a decent time I felt, though I could have done it quicker (32hours)

You'll have a lot of fun with it. I recommend you try to avoid magic first playthrough just to make it a bi harder on yourself, oh and don't farm healing grass either, you'll wreck the fun that that.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Go ahead and try magic but only if you're not investing stats. Every time I tried it, it was a disaster with my knight/archer concept. winking

Serious is right on with the grass. There's no reason whatsoever to farm.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:53 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Go ahead and try magic but only if you're not investing stats.  Every time I tried it, it was a disaster with my knight/archer concept.  winking

Serious is right on with the grass.  There's no reason whatsoever to farm.  
    To be fair, if you were so stuck you ran out of grass completely, what are you supposed to do? This is why I prefer estus; you don't need to farm. Though you can buy an infinite supply of new moon grass eventually.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:56 pm

I didn't farm once in my latest and had a huge surplus. I didn't mean go without. More like, there's not much need to farm
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:35 pm

All I can say is, check out the Demon Souls section in the forum. Less than a month ago, someone posted the exact type of thread you posted. You may find better answers there. This way, you can pick and choose which thread you actually want to check out without spoiling the game too much for you.

Also to add to the grass comments, there's no need to farm it because you get an ample supply while playing. There are 6 different types of grass and I usually only use 1 of them and don't bother with the others. Also, make sure to store the items you don't need. Some forms of grass build up to 99 fast and if you have 99 pieces and you see a drop you can't pick up, you will lose it once you leave the area. It's not like Dark where you can sit at a bf, store the item and go back and pick it up.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:48 am

Hi,

Demons Souls is a good choice, you'll have fun with it. After Dark Souls it'll be easy for you (like Dark Souls where easy for Veteran Demons Souls Player).
    I would give you only one more tip on the way: there is no poise! watch out for dual katana r1/l1 spammer (like myself - harhar)

If you need some more game mechanic infos, take this, it's 100% spoiler free in regard to the story/lore:
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t23035-boletarian-travel-guide
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Hey, I'm kinda exited to know... are you loving it?!?!
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Umm, why didn't anyone point this out? The title says Demo's souls, so I thought maybe it was a thread about a guy who got into the Dark Souls 2 beta... It's kinda confusing.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:52 pm

^ wut? I don't understand?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Zeta Prime wrote:^ wut? I don't understand?
    Because the beta is in a sort of ways a demo of Dark Souls 2.. (I know it's not but it's similar) and seeing a post saying I got Demo's Souls, had lead to me the wrong conclusion about the thread.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:58 pm

oh I see what ur saying now sorry xD I never even noticed, I just get real exited when people post in the demons souls section
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:07 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Umm, why didn't anyone point this out? The title says Demo's souls, so I thought maybe it was a thread about a guy who got into the Dark Souls 2 beta... It's kinda confusing.

Umm, it's in the Demon Souls section. Everyone is talking about Demon Souls. Where's the confusion? The title may say demo's but everyone else knew what was said since we all read the OP which explains the thread.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:14 am

twigsterxd wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Umm, why didn't anyone point this out? The title says Demo's souls, so I thought maybe it was a thread about a guy who got into the Dark Souls 2 beta... It's kinda confusing.
    Umm, it's in the Demon Souls section. Everyone is talking about Demon Souls. Where's the confusion? The title may say demo's but everyone else knew what was said since we all read the OP which explains the thread.
    I think he did read the OP, or else he wouldn't be confused as to the subject matter of the thread.  Though it seems odd that someone would think the typo was more prevalent than what was being talked about or where it was being said lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm