Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
xenon_nobelium
Noob-of-Artorias
Soul of Stray Demon
XuitusTheGreat
8 posters

My first pure caster build

XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

My first pure caster build Empty My first pure caster build

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:49 pm

played fat roll STR for a long time so I wanna make the complete opposite of that

http://mmdks.com/4gto
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

My first pure caster build Empty Re: My first pure caster build

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:16 pm

http://mmdks.com/4gtx

First of all, with that much intelligence, it's better to use Velka's Talisman.

Second of all, since you're using Velka's now, you can drop your faith to 28, and not lose damage.

Third of all, You can increase your vit and end some, for more dodging and health.

Fourth, I added the Pyromancy flame, You don't have to use it to cast, you can also just switch into it, to make them back up for a second in fear of combustion.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:37 pm

oh nice! didn't even think about the velka talisman happy
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:15 am

3 words.

Great. Magic. Barrier.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:25 am

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:3 words.

Great. Magic. Barrier.
    *cough* ninja flip till it goes away *cough*
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:23 am

i'd always try to incorporate 45dex for int casting, lets you re-apply homing mass spells midfight effordlessly and dark orb suddenly is one of the best spells in the game. also opens the complete pyro catalogue
    http://mmdks.com/4gx2 the little stamina increase does really not justify that much stat investment in endurance imo. also thorns against rollBS and claws for buffing and rollR1 zoning to keep them on their toes. also at least a little bit of poise for obvious reasons.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Even for pure casters, you want at least a tiny amount of poise for rapiers. You had plenty of equip load after having more than enough poise to tank a two-handed rapier hit, so I added an enchanted rapier and a dark hand. Parry them, and choose to either dark bead them or riposte. Plus a dark hand kinda fits with the theme of the build.

Changed the starting class to sorcerer as well.

I'd also switch the TWoP for Dark Orb, because it is just a great spell and TWoP is pretty much easy mode for any mage or faith build.

Also lowered the soul level just a bit. Though if you are using this mainly just in the forest, then soul wouldn't really matter.

http://mmdks.com/4h1f
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:26 pm

I personally would have (and have winking) leveled int to 50 first before relying on WoG. Equip the TCC, take 2 pursuers and the rest crystal soul spears with you and you will rock most fights. I should know 'cause that's how I finish most my opponents.

The trick is to read your opponent. If he's a good evader, switch to Logan's and hunt him with pursuers until he's out of stamina. Quick switch to TCC and finish him off with 1-2 CSPs. Though in my experience most succeed in maybe evading 1 or 2 pursuers, the 3rd one hits and most of the time kills.

Only now that I'm around SL180 I've leveled faith for WoG. Reason being the Township which is full of gankers and they await an invader mostly as a pair. So my fights usually go like this: TCC and shield equipped, pursuers (evades), target comes close to me, I switch shield for talisman, WoG, pursuers and CSP. I win most fights even against 2 heavies and very seldom need to cast CSP at all, only if they silver pendant like crazy winking

[EDIT]: oh and I forgot to mention: bring Dex up to 40 at least, you need to be able to fast cast or life will be difficult. But then you either go up in SL or will definitly have to lose the points in faith.

Last edited by DarkGerald on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:42 pm

XuitusTheGreat wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:3 words.

Great. Magic. Barrier.
    *cough* ninja flip till it goes away *cough*
    Only works if they suck.

Cancel the first/whiff just to get you to roll, immediately wog. you now ate a wog at the exit of your roll and took like 500 damage (read: half your hp) and you're vulnerable to wakeups, and GMB comes in stacks of 2/you have no weapon, meaning it can safely be reapplied when it fails, giving them 80 seconds of protection.

Also VoS stops casting completely.

get a rapier/poise and/or get some pyromancy, or a decent faith build will wreck you.

I run one. I kill builds like that all the time. They just can't do anything about it.
    DarkGerald
    DarkGerald
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkGerald Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    or a decent faith build will wreck you.
    only if you can come close. I'm not ashamed to unlock and run in the opposite direction if I see a WoG caster only to get some distance to cast a pursuer. If I succeed, we play my game then winking

If a sorc let's people getting closer to him than needed for the pursuers to go off he's doing something wrong, exception being when he's doing that intentionly to blast a WoG. That's where I see the big advantage in playing a sorc, given that Dex is high enough so they can't run up and backstab you while you're casting.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:33 pm

bow. works at any range, will interrupt casts.

also, it's not hard to trap people against walls with aoe's or longer range weapons. halberds/ugs/ buffed washingpoles are especially good at it, but the mlgs and sks do it as well.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:05 pm

ended up with this http://mmdks.com/4i8k and if someone is pressuring me I menu swap to wolf and remove sun ring happy I dropped the dwgr all together *shrug* at first I thought I was gonna need it but twop + pursuers + bead follow has been WAY more successful than I expected O_O well now I have a 2nd fun build hehe thanks for all the advice ^_^

and for bow users I'm about to grab the avelin, whats the best upgrade path for it? lightning with lightning bolts? or straight normal with lightning?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:25 am

normal with normal bolts. single defense to break, also counter damage is physical only.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:42 am

A pure caster should always consider adding an Ascended Pyromancy Flame +5 to his arsenal, as well as 1-2 slots dedicated to Pyromancy.

Unless of course you want to limit yourself to Sorcery/Miracle casting only.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm