Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Serious_Much
befowler
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ublug
PlasticandRage
Enigma5991
Wade_Wilson
11 posters

Not a bad day in demon souls

befowler
    befowler

Not a bad day in demon souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Not a bad day in demon souls

Post by befowler Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm in NG+ and it is something. Was going through stonefang last night and the fat officials are truly painful. Even with a shield and fire resistance ring one of their fireballs would do 2/3 of my hp in a single shot, and they have a lot of life and are not easy to kill even if you get close. The spider boss was also a huge pain in the rear. Seems harder than DkS NG+, and I haven't even really gotten to the tough spots yet.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm

I think I have had enough of demon souls for now. I bought it purely to see how good it was. It was decent, but has too much annoying stuff in it. Dark Souls is the superior game and I will be moving back to it. I may attempt to platinum Demon Souls in the future.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:09 pm

wow Wade, thats quite the statement, some wouldnt agree and i think it's worth continuing playing (though i havent silly), despite the annoying stuff.

What annoys you the most?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

yea i really didnt find much that was annoying it was easier then dark souls i thought. it did seem really easy to go to an area you were not ready for. main difference i noticed is how long it takes to climb a ladder lmao. you move so much faster in demons souls but you climb a ladder at half the speed you do in dark souls. i found that funny. also im glad they removed that climb mechanic for ledges ext.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Serious_Much wrote:wow Wade, thats quite the statement, some wouldnt agree and i think it's worth continuing playing (though i havent silly), despite the annoying stuff.

What annoys you the most?

I cant really pinpoint it, but dark souls feels smoother, and more polished. Also, I dont understand world/character tendency which interferes with interactions with NPCs, the bosses arent great and there no-one online, it seems.

EDIT: I dont want to seem like I hate the game. Its a fantastic game and made a nice break from Dark Souls, but DS is just a better all round game. Though I might make a thread discussing both games and what could be taken from them for the next souls game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 pm