Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
JohnnyHarpoon
Yukon
ViralEnsign_
befowler
Maneater_Mildred
Tolvo
FexDS
DoughGuy
PlasticandRage
JY4answer
Imarreteet23
DxV04
WyrmHero
17 posters

Game of Thrones season 2 premier

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Game of Thrones season 2 premier - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones season 2 premier

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Emergence wrote:Dwarf actually offends him in the show as I recall lol

that's because they can't have people throwing offensive words round on TV silly (I am there Johnny, been plenty of that thrown around, I still love the little guy big grin)

Also the condition is dwarfism.. lol technically most correct thing to call em is dwarf lol!
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Game of Thrones season 2 premier - Page 3 Empty Re: Game of Thrones season 2 premier

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 pm

I suppose I was thinking of the most recent episode, as it is fresh in my mind.

But yeah, in terms of the show like Stanis Baratheon, Joffrey, Tryrion, Ned, Arya, Jaime, Rob, Littlefinger, and that Targaryen chick are the only names I know.

Otherwise it's just faces.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 pm

Daenerys
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 pm

As far as the information brokers go, I prefer the Eunoch to Littlefinger in terms of where he sits and depth.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Emergence wrote:As far as the information brokers go, I prefer the Eunoch to Littlefinger in terms of where he sits and depth.

I really enjoy the Eunoch? also. I haven't read any of the books so I can't comment on his character in that platform, but in the show he has so much depth. He's so emotionless and unreadable and seems to have his fingers in everything. It's just impossible to know what his real intentions are and whose side he's on.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 pm

YES! I'm so much more interested in what he's up to. He's the only male character who doesn't think with his d*ck, and I'm utterly serious when I say that.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:YES! I'm so much more interested in what he's up to. He's the only male character who doesn't think with his d*ck, and I'm utterly serious when I say that.

I think that's precisely the reason he is compelling. He isn't fettered by those supposedly "phallic" extensions of ambition or honor.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Nothing he does seems to be fueled by any kind of emotion either. It seems like the hubris of a lot of the characters in the show is somehow tied into emotional or sentimental responses or behaviors, while he's completely emotionless. Like he's simply coldly acting on whatever course of action benefits him the most, regardless of anything else. I'm pretty interested to find out whose interests he's really serving. I know he stated that he serves the general benefit of the people, but considering the nature of the show I kinda doubt its as simple as that.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm

Perhaps it is that simple. In a cast of scoundrels, moral centers are found in the unlikeliest of places.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:50 pm

That's a good point. They even revealed the old maester, I can't remember his name, the really old councillor who served the mad king before King Robert, to have phallic motivations. When they showed him in that scene with the prostitute from Winterfell. The Eunoch really is the only character whose motivations haven't been revealed at all.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Indeed. I'm tryna see what's up with Jon Snow, I like that guy.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:That's a good point. They even revealed the old maester, I can't remember his name, the really old councillor who served the mad king before King Robert, to have phallic motivations. When they showed him in that scene with the prostitute from Winterfell. The Eunoch really is the only character whose motivations haven't been revealed at all.

He also had like, an oddly limber and energetic moment while alone. It seemed to be setting something up, though I have no idea what.

The Old Guy, I mean.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:55 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:That's a good point. They even revealed the old maester, I can't remember his name, the really old councillor who served the mad king before King Robert, to have phallic motivations. When they showed him in that scene with the prostitute from Winterfell. The Eunoch really is the only character whose motivations haven't been revealed at all.

He also had like, an oddly limber and energetic moment while alone. It seemed to be setting something up, though I have no idea what.

The Old Guy, I mean.

Yeah I forgot about that. Like he stretched and then purposely hunched himself and made himself look older and more feeble than he actually is before he left. I guess in the political arena of King's Landing if you appear too aggressive or able then you end up dead for one reason or another. If the maester didn't know what he was doing he wouldn't be as old as he is.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:07 am

Song of Fire and Ice

Edit: I think I'm going to buy the first novel and see.

Second Edit: WTF
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 am

OH MY GOD

JOFFREY totally is that kid from Batman Begins who he gives his like grappling hook to!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:OH MY GOD

JOFFREY totally is that kid from Batman Begins who he gives his like grappling hook to!

No s$^t. He really is.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:22 am

I always thought he was distinct looking,

But then on IMDb it was all just like "Little Boy" and I was all just like "I actually felt sympathy for that kid once...".

Which, damn, credit to Mr. Gleeson, I guess.
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:25 am

WyrmHero wrote:Song of Fire and Ice

Edit: I think I'm going to buy the first novel and see.

Second Edit: WTF

I bought it earlier today, nearly done with it.

It's pretty good dude, you should get it.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am

Reading Book 3 part 2. WTF.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Lol my Irish mate has the 5th ep of season 2 to give me. I havent read past the first so I have to get moving if I want to beat the TV show to season 2 before it airs over here.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Dude!

Joffrey is ****ing off his rocker! That kid has got to go.

Just like, first place in the Worst King Ever awards. Hands down.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Lol pun. Because his did take his Hand down.

Poor Eddard Stark....
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Haha I love reading this considering I have read the books and know exactly what happens
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:18 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Dude!

Joffrey is ****ing off his rocker! That kid has got to go.

Just like, first place in the Worst King Ever awards. Hands down.

He is quite the savage little madman. I read an article that wondered out loud what effects, if any, these graphic scenes are having on the child actors. Que sera, because the kid actors are astounding.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 pm

I've thought about that before myself. Like when you see babies in movies where really disturbing horrible things are going on around them. Always makes me think about what kind of parents are okay with their children being exposed to all that. I mean when your a little kid you can at least be told that it's all make believe, but babies don't understand that stuff. You never know what kind of lasting damage could be subconsciously sustained there.

Also have to agree about their talent. I've found Maisie Williams as Arya Stark to be especially enjoyable to watch. Great character.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 am