Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
JohnnyHarpoon
Yukon
ViralEnsign_
befowler
Maneater_Mildred
Tolvo
FexDS
DoughGuy
PlasticandRage
JY4answer
Imarreteet23
DxV04
WyrmHero
17 posters

Game of Thrones season 2 premier

JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Game of Thrones season 2 premier - Page 4 Empty Re: Game of Thrones season 2 premier

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Eh, I mean I'm sure they read the script and understand the content, but often measures are taken to separate young actors from the rest of the scene as much as possible.

If you watch, it's mostly shot/reverse shot cutting between Joffrey and the prostitutes, so likely most of the time somebody was feeding him lines and he was all-out in the scene. Pretty common practice, same thing on Mad Men with Kiernan Shipka and pretty much everything. It is acting, after all!

The kids are crazy talented for sure, though. If I have a kid, I hope they're like half as cool as Arya.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Game of Thrones season 2 premier - Page 4 Empty Re: Game of Thrones season 2 premier

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:16 am

I'm saying babies though. I've definitely seen 80's films where babies are right in the middle of pretty horrific scenes. For example, I was watching Ghostbusters 2 the other day, granted not a relatively frightening film, but there was some stuff going on around that kid towards the end of the film that could be processed to be pretty psychologically damaging. I think how infants absorb and process things is still pretty debated too. At least in my world anyway. I guess there very well could be extremely in depth studies that I'm wholly unaware of.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:33 am

I don't know the scene you're talking about specifically so I can't speak to it, but I almost guarantee that no babies were exposed to anything terribly psychologically damaging or stuff. Insurance people do not f**k around when it comes to children on set, and the younger they are, the worse (or more strict) things get.

Now, the experience I've had in terms of producing a film is quite limited compared to the scope of a studio film like Ghostbusters 2, but I've dealt with SAG and stuff like that and when it comes to kids the rules pretty much apply across the board, no matter the film.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:53 am

That actually is a good point. I bet you're right. Like when most of the craziness was happening they easily could swap out dummies and such.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 am

Yeah! Exactly. And how much of the stuff happening was like, animated, you know?

I don't know how they get babies to cry in movies, though most of the time it is just sound effects (like you don't see it crying).
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:16 am

At the same time you definitely at least see stuff like people yelling while clearly holding real babies. Even stuff like that can't be good in the long run. I love how quickly this conversation went from being about Game of Thrones to about baby shaking. For me that's really the natural progression of any conversation.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:26 am

If you think Eddard Stark was unfortunate, wait till you find out about.... nah.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:37 am

Ned Stark was Kindergarten, it seems.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:17 am

Watching youtube videos of "Game of Thrones ep 9 reaction" is like a watching a child discover baked beans. You've seen nothing.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 pm

JY4answer wrote:Watching youtube videos of "Game of Thrones ep 9 reaction" is like a watching a child discover baked beans. You've seen nothing.

You just inspired me to go watch some too. Priceless. This one is my favorite: Warning: Explicit Language. https://youtu.be/owf6D2vfZqM

Hahahahahaha. He's so angry.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:57 pm

As a viewer who hasn't read the books, I was wondering how people in a similar boat reacted to the last episode.

Not sure if we need a spoiler box for this but:
    Spoiler:
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:03 pm

I wasn't terribly surprised that she ended up being fueled by something that's really dark, or at least appears to be. Something definitely wasn't entirely right with her. Also the unquestioning faith Stanis had in her made me think he must have known something we didn't. I just hope Renly's force does get entirely wiped out. The Stark's need all the allies they can get.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:59 pm

I mean, I think I was tipped off, too, but considering
    Spoiler:
    it is not terribly surprising or out of place for me and I don't mind at all! In fact, I'm pumped.

Spoiler:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:17 pm

I'd love it if guys discussing what hasn't happened in the show yet would keep it to spoiler boxes, don't want the plot ruined, Im actually enjoying the series (unlike most TV shows)
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Serious, I'm gonna start calling your Mr. Much.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:43 pm

lol, why would you?
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Because utilizing the spoiler box for spoilers is simply too MUCH to ask!

bounce
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:06 pm

We haven't been discussing things that haven't happened yet. I haven't even read the books. Unless someone has and I haven't noticed it, which I would be thankful for, and in which case would second that statement.

Oooooo I totally forgot tonight's GoTs night. I've been writing term papers since 9 this morning. My priorities are all discombobulated.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Yeah man, I also missed it. My ****'s all bobudisslatecomed, too.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:26 pm

well unfortunately the new episode not air over here till tomorrow night, so ill steer clear of this thread for a day until I've seen it.

Here's hoping some pace will be injected, this season seems slower moving that the first.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:33 pm

I think thats because they're setting up all the pieces for the war. Its all politicking and moving troops.
    Also who is dying to see the white walkers?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 am

Arya Stark's new friend is awesome. Had me from his first line. He's the man. Pun absolutely intended.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:01 am

Wait till you meet her new friends. And those after that. And the ones after that. And the next ones too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am