Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

SL120 stat guide (sponsored by FC?)

Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SL120 stat guide (sponsored by FC?) Empty SL120 stat guide (sponsored by FC?)

Post by Wisp Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:04 am

Wouldn't it be useful if all the useful statistics for characters builds (how much poise, INT/FAITH etc. is optimal) was all in the same place? And tailored towards SL120 duelling.

EDIT: Here's a basic guide, correct me if I need to *** or change anything. I'm not a prolific writer or anything so if anyone wants to take over, please do.

At SL120 you can't just go around spending souls however you choose. You need to be very careful where you place your souls in order to get the most bang from your buck. Thanks to Diminishing returns, most stats shouldn't go past 40, but there are some exceptions.

Vitality: 30+
    30 is the bare minimum and many would say that's only viable with the ring of favour and protection equipped which gives you an extra 20%. Diminishing returns start to kick in at 40 but there's nothing wrong with going past 40 if you have spare points, in fact this is a great place to put them.

Attunement: 8+
    The hardest one to write a guide for. Spells are cool but not everyone needs them. You should be aware that you get an extra spell slot for every 2 points you invest (10 for 1, 12 for 2 etc.) up to 16, which will net you 4 slots. Past there, you need to invest an extra point each time to get a new slot (19 for 5, 23 for 6 etc.).

Endurance: 30-40
    How much endurance you need is mainly based off two things; what weapon you are using and what your equip load is. It is worth noting that at 40 your stamina stops increasing and only your equip load is effected. 99 times out of 100 going over 40 endurance is the wrong choice.

Strength: 10-40
    Once again, two things to consider here: Minimum requirement for your desired weapons and the weapon's scaling. Most weapons need more than 10 strength to use so you'll have to make that judgement yourself. If you're relying on the weapon's scaling, you'll want to take your strength to 40 to get the most bang for your buck. Past there you don't get much for your money, and any less than that and you are leaving potential untapped.

Dexterity: 10-40, 45.
    Same as strength really. However, dexterity also increases the speed at which you cast spells, and that caps at 45. If you have 5 points spare, this can be a good home for them if you plan on casting offensive spells in battle, but only if they are going spare.

Resistance:...
    Don't put points into resistance, it's not worth it.

Intelligence: 8, 14-50 and Faith: 8, 12-50
    The magic stats are more complicated, they have their own threads dedicated to them, explaining how Magic Adjust works, but theere are some general rules. If you are using them to scale a weapon (eg. Moonlight Greatsword), then the diminishing returns past 40 still applies. However when it comes to casting spells, you have to take into account the spells minimum requirement and the sweet spots for the catalysts and talismans.

Search the PvP build section on the wiki for some sample builds.

Last edited by Wisp on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

SL120 stat guide (sponsored by FC?) Empty Re: SL120 stat guide (sponsored by FC?)

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:13 am

There is a section of the wiki about builds made by people, many of them are SL120. It's under Character Information, and listed as PvP Character Builds.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

SL120 stat guide (sponsored by FC?) Empty Re: SL120 stat guide (sponsored by FC?)

Post by Wisp Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:17 am

I don't mean examples of character builds I mean information like the optimal mag adjusts, poise numbers, minimum viable vitality for SL120 etc, so new players don't have to ask in a new thread every time (me included).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:24 am

Well off the top of my head, 54 Poise is the base you need, for Greatswords, 76 for Ultra Greatswords, but most won't stunlock with those. Meaning 54 will give you one hit at least where you can escape based off of that poise. Vitality minimum for PvP is 30-40 Vitality, meaning you can survive small weapons easily, and take a few hits from heavy hitting weapons. However, Glass cannons will still be a threat, but again they are glass cannons, so if you dodge their attacks and hit them once or twice they'll typically die. As for magic adjustment that thread already exists.

There is Blaine's one on Catalysts, https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t53-magic-adjusts-all-catalysts-all-levels

There are a bunch of such threads in the Archives actually, faith adjustment, how to properly use weapons and spells, etc.

There is also the PvP advice thread which might contain such information. As well we sometimes discuss such things in the Forest Hunters tactics thread if people wish to read through that whole thing, it's in my signature.

It's more so knowing where to look really, because if we put it all in one thread the thread would end up with 50+ pages of paragraph after paragraph that people would have to search through.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:27 am

Fair enough. Maybe a sticky with links to the various resources?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:29 am

Not a bad idea really, I considered something like that in the past about covenants, but for PvP that would probably be handy. The issue is just getting someone to do it. I'm spread a bit thin, but I can go through the Archives and make the post, and add threads with useful information to it as I go, I'll message Emergence about it if I get it going and set it up properly.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 am

Awesome. If i spot anything i'll post it here...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:31 am

Wisp it has been made, it is in my signature.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Id recommend making a 40 build, they're thye bhardest hitting non buff build. Then try all the weapons and see which ones you like better and make a build for those wepons, like a str/faith or str/int build.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Right, the guide's first draft is finished. If there is demand for it, i'll change it in the future.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:39 pm

And this has been added to the Resources thread, just in case you didn't see that post.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Thank you kindly.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well off the top of my head, 54 Poise is the base you need, for Greatswords, 76 for Ultra Greatswords, but most won't stunlock with those. Meaning 54 will give you one hit at least where you can escape based off of that poise. Vitality minimum for PvP is 30-40 Vitality, meaning you can survive small weapons easily, and take a few hits from heavy hitting weapons. However, Glass cannons will still be a threat, but again they are glass cannons, so if you dodge their attacks and hit them once or twice they'll typically die. As for magic adjustment that thread already exists.

There is Blaine's one on Catalysts, https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t53-magic-adjusts-all-catalysts-all-levels

There are a bunch of such threads in the Archives actually, faith adjustment, how to properly use weapons and spells, etc.

There is also the PvP advice thread which might contain such information. As well we sometimes discuss such things in the Forest Hunters tactics thread if people wish to read through that whole thing, it's in my signature.

It's more so knowing where to look really, because if we put it all in one thread the thread would end up with 50+ pages of paragraph after paragraph that people would have to search through.

I believe the poise breakpoint for greatswords is 53, not 54. (I hope so too, lol, since I have 2 builds in the 50 to 75 range that both use 53 poise).
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I think Wyrm and I actually test both 53 and 54 at one point, but I can't remember which one was good enough. He might have an idea.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:43 pm

If you have 53 poise you are in the safe zone. lextune you are the one who post a great post of all the poise safe zone. How about you create a thread about it and sticky, it is very useful.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:38 pm

Where did he post a thread about that? I'll add it to the Resources thread.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks, that has been added.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am