Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Emergence
befowler
BoilerFan8472
PhoenixStar125
WarriorOfSunlight
Sulfur
Wiking
Chaos Spectre
TehInfamousAmos
Maneater_Mildred
The Once-Ler
Forum Pirate
FexDS
WyrmHero
Serious_Much
DxV04
Fafhrd81
Yukon
Wade_Wilson
PlasticandRage
ublug
25 posters

Demon's Souls (Atlus) Not Going Offline Yet.

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Demon's Souls (Atlus) Not Going Offline Yet. Empty Demon's Souls (Atlus) Not Going Offline Yet.

Post by ublug Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:37 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/25/demon-39-s-souls-servers-staying-online.aspx

ATLUS said today it's extending the North American online servers for Demon's Souls. The game was originally going offline at the end of this month. No specific time table has been set, but ATLUS said the servers will be left on for the "foreseeable future."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/11/demon-39-s-souls-going-offline-end-of-may.aspx

After numerous extensions, ATLUS confirmed it will finally turn off the North American servers for Demon's Souls on May 31, 2012.

The servers will officially turn off at 11:59 PM PST. ATLUS says the single-player portion of the game will remain unaffected. The company will have two separate World Tendency events next month, May 1-15 and May 16-31, based on fan voting.

ATLUS encourages all players to sign on May 31 one last time before saying goodbye.
    😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 - And get your Custard Tornado before it's too late!

The server of the EU version is handled by Namco, and the JP version is handled by From, so those should not be affected (unless similar actions are taken by them as well).

Last edited by ublug on Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Demon's Souls (Atlus) Not Going Offline Yet. Empty Re: Demon's Souls (Atlus) Not Going Offline Yet.

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:39 pm

It was bound to happen sooner or later. We really should all be online on the 31st. Make it one hell of a last day.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Demon's Souls (Atlus) Not Going Offline Yet. Empty Re: Demon's Souls (Atlus) Not Going Offline Yet.

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 pm

It had to happen sometime. But by Gwyn's beard, Demon Souls had a damn good run.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:It had to happen sometime. But by Gwyn's beard, Demon Souls had a damn good run.

Great Lordran's Raven!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm

This is depressing, Its too bad for all the people just getting into demons souls from playing dark souls, but like everyone said, it had its run. Gonna miss the online, but it was practically dead the last few times I tried.
    Fafhrd81

Post by Fafhrd81 Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 pm

i was hoping that they could patch it in order to convert it to p2p like dark souls, making it independent from dedicated servers and somehow preserving the online experience... :/ too bad
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:49 pm

We should not be sad at the end of Demon Souls. We should be happy, as it gave rise to Dark Souls! Praise the sun and honour Demon Souls, by playing Dark Souls knowing that none of this would happen if not for Demon Souls.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Man the day DkS goes offline is the day Orstien and Smough become the hardest boss battle in the game. I've only ever beaten them solo once. Soliare is just no substitute for the coordinated attacks of two players.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 pm

I just got my PS3 and demon souls so for sure I will be playing DeS the whole month of may. got it just in time.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 pm

so.... anyone know anything about my precious barren EU servers? silly
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Man the day DkS goes offline is the day Orstien and Smough become the hardest boss battle in the game. I've only ever beaten them solo once. Soliare is just no substitute for the coordinated attacks of two players.

I've never beaten them solo, ever. Solaire's still there to help Joy
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Man the day DkS goes offline is the day Orstien and Smough become the hardest boss battle in the game. I've only ever beaten them solo once. Soliare is just no substitute for the coordinated attacks of two players.

You don't have to worry about because DkS is a Peer to Peer service. There are no dedicated servers. When you host in DkS you are the main server.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:46 am

That's fantastic news. It's a shame they don't implement the same system with Demon's. Although I can't be upset with Atlus. They've supplied me with such great entertainment for so many years. I've probably logged more total hours playing Ogre Battle on SNES than I have on both Souls games combined.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:44 am

DxV04 wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:

You don't have to worry about because DkS is a Peer to Peer service. There are no dedicated servers. When you host in DkS you are the main server.

Yes totally forgot that. I was so anxious with the DkS PC version....
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:11 am

No Demon's announcements on Sony's end so I imagine they aren't pulling the plug yet. Yey.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 am

I'll mourn its passing.
    Its been ages since it did anything but I always prefered it to its offspring.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Please see my event post. Lets give it a proper farewell!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:47 am

😢
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:28 am

<3 Thank you From for not shutting down the EU servers, Me and my girl loved that game sad sorry to hear it for u NA guys :/ Its been a good run +1250 souls
    (Im a Red eye Knight)
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 pm

I plan to learn japanese one day, so even though these server shutdowns will effect me now, I will be able to play it again one day with the psychotically strong, overpowered, and overplaying japanese players. Really wish i had the money to get a PS3 and play Demon's Souls now, but i will be able to play it online one day.
    Wiking
    Wiking

Post by Wiking Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 am

This is sad news indeed. How much expense can it be to let the servers running? happy
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:28 am

That sucks and all, but i never really got into demons souls as much as i did dark souls, so I'm mostly unaffected by this news.
    Still, that sucks for people who still like this game more than dark souls.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Lucky I'm on the European server, although it's dead invasion wise the co-op seems to come very quickly at low levels, I guess 'cause of Dark Souls raising awareness. The only downside is Namco Bandai.
    PhoenixStar125
    PhoenixStar125

Post by PhoenixStar125 Wed May 16, 2012 2:56 pm

I want to be there for it, but my friend lost my copy in September...
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm

I can't stand playing demon's alone. I just love the sense of community when I see the shadows of other players...

Rest in Peace Demon's Souls.

Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
    Let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
    Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
    Let strength be granted so the world might be mended,
    so the world might be mended.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am