Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+45
Hatsune Miku
IIdoneus
WaLKA
ResIsBestStat
jaythibodeau
Leet
Encore
Reaperfan
Noob-of-Artorias
Elite Knight
Kiva the wanderer
Seignar
Rainraey
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Argetlam350
Mr. Tart
Sloth9230
BLA1NE
KomradDakka
Darkson
sinisterapathy
WarriorOfSunlight
Serious_Much
Garl_Vinland
befowler
Katakato
Forum Pirate
Imarreteet23
vixder/pennywise
Sunbro4evar
DxV04
Uparkaam
jsd201
Zakkia
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
RaSoul
nsane32
skarekrow13
berkut
PlasticandRage
bloodpixel
Tolvo
Digitalyzed
The Once-Ler
49 posters

What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

What games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 3 Empty Re: What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:55 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I want to play mass effect 3, I have the Omniblade edition, but I haven't touched it except for multiplayer, because I just can't finish my perfect Mass Effec t 2 play through.

Omniblade edition? whoa what is that? I need to look it up. Yea I have 4 saves in ME2 I need to finish so I can import them later into ME3. I really don't need to buy any other games with what I have now haha. You will love ME3
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

What games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 3 Empty Re: What games are you playing now or soon? Current and upcoming games

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:57 am

The Once-Ler wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:Mass Effect 3, I know you said no souls series but I just got Demon Souls and my PS3 hehe and for the future

Will play:
    Dragons Dogma

Onceler, you should check this thread out.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3285-dragon-s-dogma-opinions-who-is-getting-it-etc

As far as KOA, very low interest. I am so picky when it comes to graphical styles. For example, I have never played a Bioshock game because I don't like the style they use for graphics.

This looks awesome! I had not heard about it, but I agree that the graphics look awesome. I watched a couple of other trailers too and noticed a couple of things. First, there is obviously multiplayer due to the red phantoms in the party happy
    Second, the combat mechanis look similar to the Souls series including rolling and lock on as witnessed in the one boss fight I saw. I am definitely going to check this out. Thanks for the info and the link.

LOL I don't know if you watched any of the comentary videos but that red phantom was possessed by the drake hehe. that is how he became a red phantom. Im looking forward to that game for sure.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:12 am

DxV04 wrote:
    ViralEnsign_ wrote:I want to play mass effect 3, I have the Omniblade edition, but I haven't touched it except for multiplayer, because I just can't finish my perfect Mass Effec t 2 play through.

Omniblade edition? whoa what is that? I need to look it up. Yea I have 4 saves in ME2 I need to finish so I can import them later into ME3. I really don't need to buy any other games with what I have now haha. You will love ME3

Its the one where you get the online stuff for free with a bunch of goodies as well as an inflatable omniblade.

Yeah my Shep loves to Sentinel all over the place with his Tech Armour.

I could have seen my self as an Inflitrator but Garrus is always in my team so theres no point, and the other member is always TALI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO without Biotics we are royaly screwed.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:15 am

DxV04 wrote:
    The Once-Ler wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:Mass Effect 3, I know you said no souls series but I just got Demon Souls and my PS3 hehe and for the future

Will play:
    Dragons Dogma

Onceler, you should check this thread out.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3285-dragon-s-dogma-opinions-who-is-getting-it-etc

As far as KOA, very low interest. I am so picky when it comes to graphical styles. For example, I have never played a Bioshock game because I don't like the style they use for graphics.

This looks awesome! I had not heard about it, but I agree that the graphics look awesome. I watched a couple of other trailers too and noticed a couple of things. First, there is obviously multiplayer due to the red phantoms in the party happy
    Second, the combat mechanis look similar to the Souls series including rolling and lock on as witnessed in the one boss fight I saw. I am definitely going to check this out. Thanks for the info and the link.

LOL I don't know if you watched any of the comentary videos but that red phantom was possessed by the drake hehe. that is how he became a red phantom. Im looking forward to that game for sure.

No I didn't, but will be looking at others for sure today.m So, that was not multiplayer then?
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:19 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Uparkaam wrote:Since Dark Souls came, I've only played it and Battlefield 3. And I don't think I'll be playing other games anytime soon. I tried Skyrim for a bit but it was just not my cup of tea. I'm not really looking forward to any of the upcoming games. But I am waiting for the Dark Souls DLC of course.

I think we're all having problems shaking this feeling. Since Dark I feel like I haven't really enjoyed anything else. Not for lack of trying. I've bought like 7 games since.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head there. I have bought bunch too but have trouble breaking away from pvp long enough to get into them. Though, I loaded up Demons souls last night and loved getting back into it. I will be on it mainly for the next few weeks I think. I found a bunch of old friends online in ds last night happy

Last edited by The Once-Ler on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:35 pm

I was so hyped when I saw the first Skyrim trailer, but now I just can´t be bothered.
    I think I quit Dark Souls now and start a new playthrough once the DLC is released. If I have the need of an RPG till then, my choise would be either some more Demon´s Souls or Kingdom of Amalure. Or I dig up Planescape Torment.
    I started playing Borderlands again; a year ago I only finished like half of it. Now I see a couple of similarities between this and Dark Souls, like the inability to load or save, the loot-searching or the inclusion of a NG+. This game is so much fun.
    Other games I played after Dark Souls: Portal 2, Shadow of the Colossus (only like one hour), Demon´s Souls.
    I think the next game I´ll buy will be Max Payne 3. I am super hyped about that, Video Previews looked awesome and I am curious about the multiplayer.
    Also, I think the new Hitman will be good, but I think I wait a bit on that, till I get a cheap used copy.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:42 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:
    DxV04 wrote:

No I didn't, but will be looking at others for sure today.m So, that was not multiplayer then?

Yes and no, the online component is unique. There is no direct interaction with other players. However, they have set up a pawn system. Basically you have a constant companion which you level up and customize. This pawn can be put in a place called the rift. Here another person or perhaps a friend can use your pawn for a price. In return you pawn will bring gifts and knowledge of the other players world. You can also use other peoples pawns. There are a couple of vids in you tube that talk about it.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Hello, i'm thinking of getting Ico&The Shadow of the Colossus. Is it good?
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26 pm

Ico was good. I have not played Shadow yet. I have both for ps2. Definitely worth picking up the new hd version, especially if you plan on playing The Last Guardian if/when it ever comes out.
    jsd201
    jsd201

Post by jsd201 Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:10 am

I had Shadow on PS2 and it was a fantastic game (if you like epic boss fights). I picked up Ico later but didn't get that far into it - it was quite stressful!!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:10 am

You know what game I need to try and find soon? Metal Wolf Chaos. Hell yeah, for America.

https://youtu.be/SEIi3X9NCMU

I need no other justification to play this game other than AMERICA!

It looks pretty awful, but AMERICA!

Funny thing is, it was actually made by From Software haha.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:12 am

Just started skies again
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:19 am

While i was a WoW addict managed to break the addiction with Final Fantasy XII...was a fun game but didn't took me long to get back on the WoW wagon silly

Same is happening with Dark Souls...

Took a brief break from Dks while waiting fro my DkS Ps3 copy so i started playing Deus Ex Human Revolution & it was totally epic, ofc Ps3 Dks came in before i could finish it so now i am at about 90% done & still didn't pop Deus Ex in What games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 3 3358384175

Anyway... Twisted metal, Street Fighter X Tekken, Armored Core 5 & Soul Calibur 5 all came in the mail & didn't even look at them because of the bloody Dark Souls...

I hate & love being addicted to a certain game big grin

Armored Core 5
    Twisted Metal
    Sf X Tekken
    Calibur 5
    Mass Effect 3
    Catherine
    Silent Hill Downpour (even though i think that the SH franchise went to the toilet after SH4)
    Resident Evil 5 (never found the time to play this gem...Res4 was over the top)
    and a few other oldies that i planed on playing...but no time sad

Damn you responsibilities...damn you...
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Looking ahead a bit, Wasteland 2's kickstarter event just closed with $2.9 million (they'd only sought $900,000). Combined with other parallel efforts they're well over $3 million, with a planned delivery date of October 2013. A fair bit to wait, but not too long for the sequel to the first post-apocalyptic RPG ever and origin of the Fallout series. Plus the All-star team of writers and designers they've got lined up is fanboy heaven.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:07 am

befowler wrote:Looking ahead a bit, Wasteland 2's kickstarter event just closed with $2.9 million (they'd only sought $900,000). Combined with other parallel efforts they're well over $3 million, with a planned delivery date of October 2013. A fair bit to wait, but not too long for the sequel to the first post-apocalyptic RPG ever and origin of the Fallout series. Plus the All-star team of writers and designers they've got lined up is fanboy heaven.

[url=http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2[/quote[/url]]

Oh yeah, I think that'll be great and isn't the New Vegas team working on it now?

OT: I'm currently finding the time to play Shadow of the Colossus again and soon after Majora's MaskWhat games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 3 3207319737
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:45 am

Wasteland 2 will be what Fallout 3 should have been.

I don't hate
    Bethesda games but i believe once you played a Bethesda game you played
    them all, it's something my friend told me long time ago when i played
    Morrowind, never played a Elders Scrolls game before my friend said
    "meh, it's exactly like Daggerfall only prettier" he was right, i tried
    Oblivion & Skyrim and both turned me away because of that.

Fallout
    on the other hand felt like a butchered game (Game brio anyone)
    compared to it's original Fallout 1/2, even Fallout Tactics didn't
    disappoint.

In short, can't wait for Wasteland 2 & Mark Morgans epic post-apocalyptic tunes big grin

befowler wrote:
    OT: I'm currently finding the time to play Shadow of the Colossus again and soon after Majora's MaskWhat games are you playing now or soon?  Current and upcoming games - Page 3 3207319737

An epic choice of oldies there my friend happy
    vixder/pennywise
    vixder/pennywise
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vixder/pennywise Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:56 am

I strongly disagree on Fallout Tactics. I am a huge Jagged Alliance Fan and when a game was anounced, which combined the JA-gameplay with the Fallout universe, I was as hyped as a fanboy can be. In the end, the game was just boring.
    Well, the first half of Fallout 3 was great. I loved D.C.-downtown, but after that the story fell apart and nothing new happend. (But Point Lookout-DLC was great, even though it has nothing to do with what I consider Fallout)
    After that disapointment New Vegas felt like a return to the source and I hope that Obsidian keeps making new (non-mmorpg) Fallout games.
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:04 am

Everyone that played Fallout 3 and was disappointed raved how good New Vegas was but in the end to me it's still Oblivion in a post apocalyptic setting.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:08 am

I really liked both Vegas and 3, I also enjoyed Skyrim but not oblivion. I won't give an objective answer, it's just that I enjoyed them.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:10 am

I'm playing some PS2 GTAs, got really into it again after playing a bit of GTA3 on my friends Ipad.

Old games FTW guys.
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:17 am

I think that the biggest beef i had with Fallout 3 is that i consider Fallout 1 & 2 one of my favorite games of all times and Bethesda moved away from the wining formula Black Isle made.

To me it's actually the same deal what's happening with Syndicate now, it was a tactical game & now it's a FPS.

Ok, so Fallout 3 in not a FPS but it sure plays like one.

I miss the isometric age sad
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:19 am

I miss those games as well. Action RPG's, what I consider Fallout to be a bit more of now, I really enjoy them. But, I also really enjoy the older games. Probably for the older fans it would be better if it was an entirely new title, but with the same combat system. I would have still enjoyed it, and people who enjoyed the old fallout games wouldn't be comparing the two. I had just bought Fallout 1&2 on my computer before it died, so sadly I haven't gotten to try those out, but they looked very interesting.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:22 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Just started skies again

skies of arcadia?
    Katakato
    Katakato
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Katakato Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:25 am

Tolvo, there is nothing i have ever played that can even remotely describe what Fallout 1 & 2 are so when you get your PC fixed i suggest you try them out big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 am

Katakato wrote:I think that the biggest beef i had with Fallout 3 is that i consider Fallout 1 & 2 one of my favorite games of all times and Bethesda moved away from the wining formula Black Isle made.

To me it's actually the same deal what's happening with Syndicate now, it was a tactical game & now it's a FPS.

Ok, so Fallout 3 in not a FPS but it sure plays like one.

I miss the isometric age sad

I miss the time when developers tried to be different from each other rather than pitch into popular genres without mixing it up.

Gaming needs more imagination.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am