Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
bla
lextune
callipygias
Sebastrd
BLA1NE
Buggy Virus
PPG-3-
Ironliftr3
meridam99
ublug
Rin
Tolvo
JoDK
17 posters

Any downside to leveling up?

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Any downside to leveling up? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any downside to leveling up?

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:07 am

bla wrote:in ng7 I believe and those club wielding bastards went to town much to my surprise and shame.
    There's no shame in that, it's soooo very easy to die from "easy" enemies at those high levels. Those little torch-wielding hollows can be a nightmare for me at infinity, especially when I'm coming from a low-level character, it's almost impossible to not be overconfident.

NG+infinity is really where the Youtube Challenges should be focused. The lowest SL I've done NG has been 15. It was surprisingly easy. I think I might try a no-leveling-up playthrough that allows weapon upgrades, then do a playthrough on my main guy at NG+inf using a +0 Scimitar, and compare the two. I'm thinking the infinity playthrough will be waaaay harder despite being SL 376 now, but I can't be 100% certain yet.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:04 pm

I get so insulted when those fire-torch guys OHK me! :x

For your challenge run, if you're going to use an un-upgraded weapon at NG+inf, at least use a bleeding weapon! Painting Guardian Sword!
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 pm

My guy's a Wanderer class, so I wanted to use his starting weapon, but the more I think about the Kings, the more I'm doubting I'm up to it. I don't think I can last as long as will be required against the Kings 1 vs 4. I'm betting that all 4 will be out by the time I have the first killed. I might try it this weekend....
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:00 am

PPG-3- wrote:Too much focus on the 120 SL. There's still lots of action at the higher levels. I know this keeps coming up...I was at one point against it but once I got higher you dont stop seeing signs, you don't stop getting invaded, and your ability to invade or be invaded through Forest Covenant or Darkmoon Covenant can keep you very busy. And the PVP is still very competitive at that level. All players should experiment with 1 high level character. It adds to the community as a whole in my opinion.

I completely agree with this. At higher levels it just means the challenge could be more intense. If you are really into the PvP aspect of the game, then a harder challenge might be what your looking for. As for me I am around level 230, and am on my fourth play (NG+++?) I still manage to invade a lot and the fights, to me, get better when it takes longer to kill someone. Now there is a downside to this. The higher you are, the higher your enemies will be, and they will most likely be on a higher playthrough than you, meaning that they will be a challenge if you are only on your first few plays. I sometime get into situations where I die several times in a row because people are way stronger than me, but I just keep trying and eventually I get into a winning streak and rack up the souls. Its all pretty much based on whether you like the fact that you have killed bosses so many times, you dont know what to do with yourself. Thats pretty much when you have no other choice but to turn to PvP. So if this info helped, then your welcome. If not, then hopefully someone elses did.
    tristtan

Any downside to leveling up? - Page 2 Empty Levels requiered on each area

Post by tristtan Fri May 04, 2012 11:06 am

I wanted to ask you guys if there was a list showing which levels you should be on each different area on the first playthrough in order to be able to defeat bosses but not being to overleveled for avoiding invations, but just read someone said you should be able to complete the game under lvl 30 without much trouble. Is that really true?

PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Fri May 04, 2012 12:34 pm

there's a summoning guide on the wiki. the game can be beat at any level. on average, in my experience, i usually get to around level 80 before making the jump to ng+.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri May 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah, it really depends on the player. This game can be beaten well under SL30 with ease, but you need to be very experienced. The average player will be around or above 90 by the time he's fighting Gwyn.

As for avoiding invasions... you're probably better off summoning help. You need to be quite a low level to undercut most invaders, so again you need to be very experienced. You'll be better off just sticking to the "suggested levels" and finding yourself some phantoms.

The last section on this page has a list of suggested levels: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Guide+to+Co-operative+Play
    tristtan

Post by tristtan Fri May 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Thats the thread i was looking for, guess i was too optimistic expecting to finish the game at lvl 24 on my first playthrough, blighttown was literlly killing me silly

Thanks a lot guys.
    spakment
    spakment

Post by spakment Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 am

tristtan wrote:Thats the thread i was looking for, guess i was too optimistic expecting to finish the game at lvl 24 on my first playthrough, blighttown was literlly killing me silly

Thanks a lot guys.

I'm trying to run through with a lvl 4 pyro character - haven't got to the 4 kings yet, I have a feeling that will be an uphill struggle, I think it'll be possible in NG but impossible in NG+... maybe a fully upgraded pyro glove and various fireballs will do the trick!
    MadMoses
    MadMoses

Post by MadMoses Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Is the SL120 recommendation still up-to-date after the DLC? Or have the PvP areas with level caps altered this?

Personally, I'm a kind of casual player that does mostly PvE, but I don't wanna miss out on some jolly co-op and the occasional help with bosses from time to time. I don't have the time play multiple characters, so I can't experiment a lot. Not interested in PvP at the moment. I'm currently SL119 in NG+. Should I level up further or will this seriously hamper my chances to find jolly co-op partners in the future? Any advice is appreciated!

(Hi guys, I'm new at this forum! happy)
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:29 pm

You'll have much greater success with co-op going to specific areas at certain sl's. 120ish is pretty high, but you'll still get summoned often for the 4 Kings, and also Gwyn (though it won't always be for the boss!). You'll get occasional summons elsewhere, just not too many.

I know you said you don't want to make too many different characters, but if you enjoy O & S co-op it doesn't take too long to make an sl 50ish for them. You'll get lots of action. Even quicker, and still REALLY fun, is the Bell Gargoyles. You can be doing co-op there in a matter of minutes.

I'm glad you bumped this thread because I'd forgotten I'd said this:
    callipygias wrote:Besides, the low-level, no-invasion soul level would have to be REALLY low, like... sl20 or under, I'd think, and I for one am not good enough to go through NG+infinity at SL20!
    A while after posting that I went through NG+infinity at sl 6, lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm