Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Wilkinson3424
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
ViralEnsign_
raecor14
Forum Pirate
TakenoKatana
Yog
Carphil
nsane32
DxV04
WyrmHero
Blade of The Sun
Tolvo
bmurn
20 posters

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:32 pm

He tells you what he does, and the book of the guilty and indictments he sells warn of the danger of sin and the blades of the dark moon.

Pay attention, and the risks of sin and method of purging it are apparent fairly early, even if they're not terribly detailed.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why did you become a Blade of the Darkmoon?

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Well that is also my logic. Dough told me that how far you can invade down is determined by the sin of potential targets. Therefore to invade down significantly would require a lot of sin meaning they are an experienced pvper (possibly griefer) or a bb glitcher (also possibly griefer). I don't have much sympathy for either of these. This isn't to say there are no exceptions to this; perhaps somebody betrayed every cov and slaughtered every npc. Anything is possible.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:35 pm

It is based off whoever you are connected to. If you are in the same "Server" as another and they have sin, you can invade them. Because of this, you can be in a "Server" full of people without sin meaning you can't invade.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:36 pm

But when he asks you if you wish to be absolved of sin, I'd imagine your run-of-the-mill newbie would just respond with a questioning, "huh?"
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Tolvo wrote:It is based off whoever you are connected to. If you are in the same "Server" as another and they have sin, you can invade them. Because of this, you can be in a "Server" full of people without sin meaning you can't invade.

Dough told me that how far you can invade down is directly determined by sin. I'll post the link: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t4004p585-the-followers-of-izalith-still-evolving

We had a small discussion involving this in which Dough surprised me by telling me that our bad rep was even less deserved than I thought. Unless he is wrong.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:42 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:But when he asks you if you wish to be absolved of sin, I'd imagine your run-of-the-mill newbie would just respond with a questioning, "huh?"
    Irrelivant, I cannot be held responsible for anothers ignorance. The information is there, easily obtainable and in plain sight. If someone can't be bothered to pay attention or keep it in mind, they bring it upon themselves.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:43 pm

I've never seen anything leading to what Dough has suggested, if he comes online though I'd like to hear why he believes that.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:47 pm

A little bit harsh Forum but not entirely wrong. Anyways I usually invade in Anor Londo via orb and ring. Nobody who makes it there can be a complete newb. At that point I believe the sin is on them so to speak.

If Dough was wrong then I apologize for being wrong in that regard. We will need to ask him for his source.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:52 pm

It might be harsh, but its still their fualt. If the information wasn't available so easily, so early, and in game, it would be a different story but its right there. After the second, maybe 3rd boss fought, and while having met only 3 npcs.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Fair enough. Harsh but not wrong.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:55 pm

You have to keep in mind, however, that for a lot of beginning players souls are really hard to come by and, as such, a precious, valued resource. Could you imagine after finally beating the Gargoyles after god knows how many attempts and getting the 5 or ten-thousand souls (however much the Gargoyles give you in NG) you get for winning the fight to get an offer from a shady NPC to rid them of their sin for more souls than you have had at any point in the game?

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Don't have to buy it to read the description.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:06 pm

You both have valid points; the players cannot truly claim ignorance of the risks of sin and the method of ridding oneself of it. but neither can new players be entirely blamed for accidently acquiring a sin and not wanting to spend precious souls on getting rid of it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Its a calculated decision if they have sin at that point. Either risk an encounter with the unknown and hostile entity by saving the souls, or remove the sin and play it safe.

Its still on them, they knowing allowed the risk to remain if the choose not to absolve the sin, or they weren't paying attention and its still their fualt.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Fair enough. I suppose it's their choice that places them at risk.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:16 pm

I'll accept that. I'm just saying that to a first-time DkS player, the entire scope an depth of the game can be a little overwhelming.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:23 pm

None of this is to say I have no sympathy. If my opponent is alone and in way over their head, I leave instead of killing them. What I hated about all my DW encounters was that everyone was obviously way better than me, but they killed me for the hell of it and cost me time, effort and resources by making an already difficult game harder. I don't want to do that to others.

I'm merely pointing out that there isn't really a legitimate excuse for new players to have sin. The information is made available, and its made clear that sin has consequences. If they choose to allow it, or fail to notice it, it is not the fualt of the DM, they're just doing their job. As such, the DM doesn't deserve the negative stigma in that instance, the host should learn from the encounter as best they can, the same as any other.
    MAsHPoTT
    MAsHPoTT

Post by MAsHPoTT Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 am

I became a Darkmoon blade to punish low level players who invade other low level players after using the BB glitch.

Also primarily to help a few friends, they kept getting invaded so I asked them to indict the players so I could go seek vengeance and because once I realised I missed a covenant to complete the game fully. Since I was on NG+++, I didn't fancy trying to beat the 4 kings early on. (I'm not the best at the game anyway) I now have a darkwraith character but I still prefer DMB. If I want to duel someone I'll put my red soapstone sign down in the kiln.

Also it just fits in with my character lore, she beIng a holy knightess wandering Lordran, punishing those who have sinned.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:03 pm

A better way to "anti grief" would be to just chill in the burg with maxed gear at sl 15 and 1shot the griefers that invade. If the griefer kills the boss you can't invade them.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:19 pm

As a darkmoon I realise it is pretty tough to acquire sin in the beginning of the game. BB glitchers get it pretty easily.

I feel that by invading as a Darkmoon (even in low lvl areas, I invade wherever looks fresh) I am getting more people that have messed up other games than people who accidently betrayed covenants.

If I do get some low level innocent newbie than I'm sorry but they are just a means to an end.
    quench
    quench
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by quench Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 am

The reason i became a darkmoon blade is that i kind of like the idea of being sort of an enforcer of an important aspect of the game that is constant throughout. That and the fact that ive been in a few covenants and none have fit me quite like the dmb. Punishing sinners since 2011 big grin
    whitechikz11
    whitechikz11
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by whitechikz11 Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 am

So i could punish the Darkstalkers twisted

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 pm