Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Jovias-86
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rksmithers
RagingDragon_69
befowler
Ser Isaac
Gol
Rynn
aceluby
Artorias
Buggy Virus
skarekrow13
FruitPunchNinja
Wade_Wilson
Raptrojo
WyrmHero
Chaos Spectre
21 posters

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios

Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios Empty More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios

Post by Chaos Spectre Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:32 pm

http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-pc-details-specs-control-pvp-and-more-225963.phtml

I was excited to see some of the info and screenshots here, ad the possibility of cross platform via GFWL, but then i read the bottom of the article. God I hope they don't just ditch us console users like that.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios Empty Re: More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios

Post by WyrmHero Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:37 pm

I ninja'd you on the screenshots Spectre!!!! Anyway good info!!!!
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios Empty Re: More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios

Post by Chaos Spectre Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Yeah,, I caught that, I posted this mostly for info lol.
    Raptrojo
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Raptrojo Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Hidetaka Miyazaki cant confiramte the DLC in our consoles,if you know spanish you will find a interesting article here
    http://www.vandal.net/noticia/67228/nuevos-detalles-de-dark-souls-prepare-to-die/
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Well, time to start boycotting Namco Bandai for screwing over us console players WHO BY THE WAY make up 100% of the current fanbase. Namco Bandai isn't capable of rational thought it seems. Also funny how they can't even reward PS3 players even though we're the ones who made the soul series famous in the bloody first place!
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Raptrojo wrote:Hidetaka Miyazaki cant confiramte the DLC in our consoles,if you know spanish you will find a interesting article here
    http://www.vandal.net/noticia/67228/nuevos-detalles-de-dark-souls-prepare-to-die/

Good find, the english translation says we go back in time and PLAY AS ARTORIAS!!! Oh god I can only hope thats true.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:01 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-17-will-new-dark-souls-pc-content-be-released-as-console-dlc

that is a very good article in english. you have to be careful that they use official quotes from the creator. they kind of twisted his words in the one posted in original post . i personally think they are going to have it as dlc but that they cant confirm it now, because they want to get more PC preorders to make sure that was worth it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:17 pm

^^this. Saw the Spanish article in English and all he said was he's sorry there's no news for console players at the moment. I didn't see any direct quotes in any article yet where he specifically states there's no plan for dlc

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:Well, time to start boycotting Namco Bandai for screwing over us console players WHO BY THE WAY make up 100% of the current fanbase. Namco Bandai isn't capable of rational thought it seems. Also funny how they can't even reward PS3 players even though we're the ones who made the soul series famous in the bloody first place!

It's not exactly screwing us over. They haven't taken anything away, just not offering to sell something to us.

I like the Souls Series, messing with Namco will just tighten their noose on From.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:17 pm

"But I want to emphasise my sincere apologies for people who bought the
    original console [version] that we don't have any news for them at this
    point. I'm very sorry!"

most important quote imo. to me this sounds like we will get dlc. if they knew at this point that there would be no dlc ever they would just confirm that. key part is "any news for them AT THIS POINT" im confident we will get console dlc or a new edition. im guessing either same release date or not long after
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:38 pm

^^One can only hope
    And buggy by not offering what they gave the pc users for free they are screwing us
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Artorias wrote:^^One can only hope
    And buggy by not offering what they gave the pc users for free they are screwing us

Not really, as I said in another thread:

Like I always say about this sort of stuff, they aren't screwing us.

I
    still have the same dark souls game that I bought and that I thought it
    would always be, I never expected DLC. The fact that it is offered for
    PC doesn't mean they are screwing us, rather that they are trying to
    turn a profit on the PC version that was petitioned by console players.

If
    it doesn't turn a profit, or the fan boycott Namco over this all that
    means is Namco will stop giving the smaller companies like From Software
    opportunities to do stuff like this.

From hasn't done anything
    they said they weren't going to do, and they have not done anything
    negative, simply included something positive for PC gamers.

Basically, everyone here bought the game for the $60 original dollars expecting no extra content, and feeling that it was worth the original amount. Because now they are giving someone else a better deal that they never thought they could offer is not screwing us.

That would be as if I bought a car that I loved. Then a year later a better model came out that was better and cheaper that was designed after I bought mine. I wouldn't say I was screwed, merely bad timing, or rather good timing for the later consumer.

I really do hope that we do see the DLC for the console as well, but I don't think having a negative uproar about the issue is the way to go about it.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Namco didnt give from a chance from chose namco, not vice versa.
    Also your analogy is flawed, when the new car comes out you can sell your old to buy the new one, but in this case we dont even have a chance so...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 am

How about this analogy then. After most games sell a set amount of copies or fail miserably there is a price reduction. Are we getting screwed because the people who purchased it after the price drop got a better deal? Timing is everything in buying and like most electronics purchases early adopters always get the worst shake. I would love to have new content free, don't get me wrong there but I made a specific deal to obtain a game as it was at the time of purchase. Now that there's a new deal to be had I don't get to renegotiate the terms. That'd be like them saying we're glad you enjoyed the game since October but now it's $70 for the collector's edition you bought so either ship us $10 more or we're gonna need that case and book back.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:24 pm

your going to have to pay for it, that makes sense.They have to create the dlc,and from what we know at this point it wasnt something just cut from the game.So if they need to put man hours into making it expect to pay, i have no problem buying it as a new game if they advertise major improvements.I think it will end up being 15-20 dollar dlc might even get lucky and have it cheaper. If they make it free thats awesome but i also WANT from to get money for their great game.

More Dark Souls PC Detail, Start the DLC Petitios Tumblr_lpqeqgfUUH1qd5hy5o1_400
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Artorias wrote:Namco didnt give from a chance from chose namco, not vice versa.
    Also your analogy is flawed, when the new car comes out you can sell your old to buy the new one, but in this case we dont even have a chance so...

And what's stopping you from doing the same w/ this new release? You could sell what you have and pay more for more content using the same analogy.

The entitlement of some players is borderline absurd. Yes DLC would be great, but it doesn't make or break the game, it doesn't take away from how near perfect the game is, it doesn't do anything personal to you at all.

Let's also not forget that for games like Oblivion ALL of the DLC was PC first and some never made it to consoles at all. Did it make the game worse? Of course not. Talking about boycotts or whatever isn't going to change anything so we, as a community, shouldn't get all butthurt over something that is so trivial.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Eventually everyone will calm down. I'd likely bet the DLC won't even be all too much content, or all too great, or both.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:20 pm

It won't be too great? RAAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEEEEEE
    more RAAAAGGGGEEEEEE

just kidding. You have a point. We're making such a build up it's gonna be hard to follow. The game as we know it will be hard enough to follow let alone artificially inflating the hype.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm

The "exclusive content" is just something they use to get the pc players to buy the game, it's like if you got a date and tell the girl "You know it's the first time I bring a girl in this restaurant" or something like that, you just wanna make her feel special to get her into your bed.

I'm pretty sure that a few months after the pc release they will release the new content on consoles.

Last edited by befowler on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed pointless insults)
    Ser Isaac
    Ser Isaac
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ser Isaac Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Hey >:-O! They are expressing themselves, why must you bring this insults here huh?! If it bugs you that they're grieving address it properly, No need for name calling :-D?.. No? D-:!!?!?!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Gol.....the girl you're talking about. She is special!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Ah...I see your point. I thought you meant that one girl. You know the one I mean. Maybe......

Probably not
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm

You're getting a little off-topic, it was just a metaphor.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm getting waaaaaay off topic.

Back on topic I agree. Every comment and piece of evidence I've seen leads me to suggest they're building hype for the PC edition to boost sales and ultimately release it for the console fans. Prior to all this chaos I'd always thought of Miyazaki as the type of guy who really wanted to bring his world to fans and until it's proven otherwise I have faith he still wants us to have this experience too.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Sure he wants but the game isn't his property, it's namco/bandai's, so they're the ones who decide, if From was the editor then there would be no problem but it isn't the case.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am