Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
belial666
Forum Pirate
Artorias
Blade of The Sun
Wounding_Peregrine
Buggy Virus
Yukon
Serious_Much
RaSoul
13 posters

DLC: Observation and logical thinking

RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

DLC: Observation and logical thinking Empty DLC: Observation and logical thinking

Post by RaSoul Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 am

I just read in the interview that they haven't fully set up the controls for mouse and keyboard yet. He recommends playing with a controller on the PC. (I read it on my Iphone so cant qoute here because the page is banned)

But we have seen the gameplay in the trailers against bosses and the different areas. Could that be on the PS or Xbox that would have been recorded? Or they simply recorded it on the PC with mouse and keyboard even if it isnt completed?
    Just wondering and adding to the speculation cheers

Edit # Havent got a clue about programming and developing games I must say.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

DLC: Observation and logical thinking Empty Re: DLC: Observation and logical thinking

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 am

thats a true fact, though I think they can get computers to generate the kind of thing we see in trailers that isnt actually in game (like when guy walks away from bonfire and gives thumbs up), I wouldn't think too much into your bit of logic happy
    RaSoul
    RaSoul
    Regular
    Regular

DLC: Observation and logical thinking Empty Re: DLC: Observation and logical thinking

Post by RaSoul Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 am

Serious_Much wrote:thats a true fact, though I think they can get computers to generate the kind of thing we see in trailers that isnt actually in game (like when guy walks away from bonfire and gives thumbs up), I wouldn't think too much into your bit of logic happy

Yeah it amazes me sometimes what you can do with graphics happy their marketing tactic of not announcing it to the consoles seems rather risky, but it works and theres a massive hype and speculation...
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 am

Speculating a new thumbs up emote.

Most of the trailer did seem to be cutscenes instead of action if I am remembering correctly. But we did get to see the player fighting the manticore, I don't see From porting this game to PC and not releasing DLC. It's not logical. So I think there is merit to what you say.

One thing that worries me is if the DLC will affect online play, if you are trying to play the game with someone who didn't download the DLC will you be able to connect outside of the world? It seems like they would have to remove some of that because then people could mule over DLC items without the other person having paid for the DLC. I've heard speculation of them releasing a whole new disc, but unless its 30 dollars or less it seems like a rip off to pay full price for a game I have already beaten just for maybe 3 hours more of boss battles and areas to explore. (although knowing me it would be more like 30 just reading item descriptions and bumming around)
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Just because they were able to play it but don't have keyboard controls doesn't mean much for console.

Most developers use controllers hooked up to their computers, I even know plenty of hardcore PC gamers with the same rig. So even if they were using a controller doesn't mean the content is built for the PC.

Further they could play these areas with a keyboard control scheme if they decided to. Simply stating that they haven't finalized it means just that, they haven't finalized it. I'm sure they could easily rig the controls to a quick asdw setup and play with that whenever they wanted to.

The more you consider the less content for consoles seems unlikely. The petition that got Dark Souls to PC was done mostly by fans who loved it on console already. They are hoping to cash in as much as possible with the PC release and probably expect console owners who would buy the PC version at full price for the new content would be more profitable than more people buying DLC for a lower price and wouldn't buy the PC edition.
    Wounding_Peregrine

Post by Wounding_Peregrine Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:04 pm

True, DLC, if it is indeed coming, will be released after the PC version has sold enough copies.
    And regarding item trading, surely they could implement the same limitations on these items as they do with the covenant of artorias and orange charred ring. Simple fix?
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 pm

I actually read somewhere where a person got into locked/encapsulated game files and the manticore is in the game, just buried in a prison of code.

:face: cheers :face:

Praise the Sun Sun Praise the Sun
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:43 pm

THEN WTH is the difference between a 200$ console and a 2000$ pc if you are still going to use a controller?
    Blade of The Sun
    Blade of The Sun
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blade of The Sun Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Artorias wrote:THEN WTH is the difference between a 200$ console and a 2000$ pc if you are still going to use a controller?

The 2k pc owner can't afford the 200 dollar console lol. 2000 dollars is a lot of money to blow on one game so I would imagine and have a very high chance of being accurate that the pc universe is not only exclusive for most, but also niche. I actually hate the pc for games, unless its Diablo, and that is because of the controls.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Artorias wrote:THEN WTH is the difference between a 200$ console and a 2000$ pc if you are still going to use a controller?

They are much stronger.
    The more complicated PC games couldn't possibly play on consoles.

People aren't buying gaming PCs because they like the control scheme of keyboards.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Actually my room mate does exactly that. All the time, it drives me nuts.

You can't possibly speak for the whole of the pc community when you make such claims.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Actually my room mate does exactly that. All the time, it drives me nuts.

You can't possibly speak for the whole of the pc community when you make such claims.

Buying PC for the keyboard setup?

What. . .
    belial666

Post by belial666 Wed May 02, 2012 6:07 am

Hi guys,

Sorry if a topic already exists for this I didn't find it. Anyway I'm really hoping there will be DLC, and I have found a petition for console DLC release.

Below the link :
    DLC petition
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed May 02, 2012 6:09 am

I think there are several petitions going on, but thank you for bringing this one to everyones attention and welcome to the forums belia.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 02, 2012 6:13 am

havent read cause Im in a rtush but here it is - The pc version is ported from the xbox. Therfore the new content would have been develpoed on xbox to be ported over to pc. therefore we will get the dlc in time.
    belial666

Post by belial666 Wed May 02, 2012 6:24 am

Sounds logical ! I hope this will be the case ... now all we can do is waiting (I'm not really good for this ^^ !).
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed May 02, 2012 8:44 am

I can only hope cheers
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Thu May 03, 2012 4:10 am

Heck just imaging playing the game with absolutely no gfx stutter!!! Heck Blighttown alone is worth the PC cost. Also its not like people are going to buy a PC just for Dark Souls so jibbering on about console vs pc cost is just silly.

When it comes to game development its all about pushing the limits, the GFX/Modelers/Animators all try to make it look as good as possible and then they need to tweak things down in order for it to work on the HW they are targetting.

ALL art assets and most game code is all developed in a platform independent environment, this means that most of the development is actually done on PCs already and then tweaked/optimized for the HW (true for both PS3/XBox etc).

In some cases this tweaking isnt enough to make it look as good as they need it and in these RARE occasions it will be targetting only one platform (its very rare though, specific platform releases are mostly due to special agreements).

Now finally, the only reason why there wouldnt be a console DLC of "Prepare top Die" special content is if the content is of a higher quality that it wont play well on a console and in which case it would require a rehash of the assets (very costly).

That said I find it very unlikely that this would be the case...

/Q
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Thu May 03, 2012 5:33 am

I'm pretty sure the game director said he couldn't comment on any fixes for the framerate issue. I know it won't look much/any better than the console versions
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Thu May 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Yeah there totally Isn't enough speculation around here at the moment.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm