Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
neon__noodle
Tokidd
6 posters

Question about Lordvessel and Frampt

Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Question about Lordvessel and Frampt Empty Question about Lordvessel and Frampt

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:01 am

Hello again!

I was hoping someone could help me answer a couple questions about the Lordvessel. Now that I have it, if I want to continue doing business with Frampt, do I have to give it to him? And when I give it to him, will I lose the ability to warp now that I no longer have it in my possession. I use Frampt to break down titanite for me, so I don't want to lose this ability, but at the same time I do not want to lose the ability to warp between bonfires. I have read the wiki several times, but am still unclear about this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOkidd
    neon__noodle
    neon__noodle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Question about Lordvessel and Frampt Empty Re: Question about Lordvessel and Frampt

Post by neon__noodle Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:04 am

Give out to him or hell think you've betrayed him and you won't be able to trade with him anymore. You won't lose warping when you place the lordvessel.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Question about Lordvessel and Frampt Empty Re: Question about Lordvessel and Frampt

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Depends if you want to be Darkwraith or not.

If you want to be a Darkwraith, you can not talk to Frampt after you've obtained the Lordvessel. You need to beat the 4 Kings, talk to Kaathe, say "yes" to him, then he'll take you to place the vessel and you can talk to him again to join his covenant. But then Frampt will go away for the rest of the playthrough.

If you don't care about being a Darkwraith, then you can go right ahead and talk to Frampt, place the vessel. That way, you'll still be able to feed him items. But then Kaathe will not appear in this playthrough, so no Darkwraith.

Either way, you don't lose the ability to warp.

Now, there is a way to get both; be a Darkwraith and be able to talk to Frampt. It's been a long time since I've done it, though, so I don't remember the specifics... But I think it went something like this: beat the 4 Kings before you've obtained the Lordvessel. Talk to Kaathe and join his covenant. Once you've obtained the Lordvessel, go to Kaathe, and answer "no". He'll get pissed off, go away for the rest of the playthrough, but you'll still be part of his covenant. Now go and talk to Frampt, place the vessel with him, and you'll be able to feed him items for the rest of the playthrough. Make sure you rank up at least to Darkwraith +1, so you get the red eye orb, because you won't be able to buy cracked orbs from Kaathe if you do this.

If you do the above method, it's also possible to then piss off Frampt (you can jump straight down his hole instead of talking to him, and hit him on the way down) and both primordial serpents will be gone for the rest of the playthrough! It doesn't affect the game's progress... It's just kind of funny.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:07 pm

just word to the wise dude dont break down titanite chunks and slabs are harder to find then shards and large shards
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Billy he probably has a lot of chunks that he doesn't want, like if he has no int and has a bunch of blue chunks, he has no use for magic upgrades outside of shields.

As soon as you get the vessel, you can warp until NG+. That's it, if you lose Framp, or Kaathe, you can still warp no matter what. You gave to place the vessel to progress, but you still won't lose that ability.
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Thank you for your help!

TOkidd
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:17 pm

I find that chunks are easier to find than large titanite shards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 pm