Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 13 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:41 pm

That's pretty ridiculous. I've never gotten a riposte in the forest, but with all of the buffs I can get I BS for 2600 and stack 2500-4000 damage with all of my stamina (depending on enemy armor, whether I still have active buffs, etc).
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:06 pm

I thought I did some damage. Criminy

Broke, how many wounds have you had where sunlight was a problem? Lemon? Ouch
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 pm

Okay 1st off if you hunters ever see a mostly naked red phantom with a buffed great club or DGM in the forest its probably me I am your friendly forest wraith!

In this 1st video I use an ancient Jedi mind trick to kill my foe 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pygQTj0Rsuo

This next video is only good because I had just had my naked maniac in his world and killed both his phantoms and he was the very next guy I invaded thought I would try a Mura invasion and just happened to get him.

You will see that Alvina was also doing her job and it also shows that forest hunters DO have honour and will 1v1 a host(He only got the chain because of the prior ganking) attempt tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDlYTw3fNlg

Now enough serious stuff this one well its just funny the 1st coward tries to run to the host to bang me and afters hes dead the host flasks when he is already full...maybe didn't realize the phantom was already dead :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_uCcVdl43k

Now these 2 videos are only being posted to show you guys know what I am talking about with the crazy HP that shouldnt be possible.

In the 1st video it makes perfect sense he has the mask of mother on so he could have 2500HP with ring of FAP but in the 2nd video you will clearly see that he has on havels with logans hat and he is using DWGR so assuming he had ring of FAP that gives him MAX 2280HP at 99 vit.....or maybe not I guess as it takes 2474dmg to kill him :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9JVnARmkZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsiZAam7hhg

This video just rules because I killed a idle hunter :evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EzqMkzdQKw

LOL this is the 1 Skare is talking about its funny but it needs Ice Cube we be clubin to be complete. I will just say nice BS what do you think of mine???????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlrXVvfivlw

Lastly just so you guys don't think that ll I can do is BS....working on the RPSTL shouldn't that be the easy part lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CR7ATXXSsY

Hope you all enjoy and happy hunting big grin
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:38 pm

http://tinyurl.com/7784246 this is my new FH build - cough cough a bit OP in a way but ah well xD I have the 66 str because I 2h and it gives me the effect of 99 strength
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Hey Broke he had to have been using hidden body I guess he was totally invisible...if you watch closely when the flipping tank casts TWOP he is standing right behind him buffing fire onto his weapon and you can also probably see me run for my life and yet somehow he is ahead of me nailing me with a huge hit?

Must have been crazy lag judging by the teleport into no dmg BS lol!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 pm

In your "mura dead angles" video - it looked to me like that was another "evil" FH, not just one that was willing to let you 1v1. He kills that DW at the beginning in order to protect the host, stands there while you fight the host alone, and then does a prostration to the host when you kill him. Am I missing something?

Great videos btw.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks Befowler thought it was time to video some of the anarchy. When I 1st started hunting(thanks to Broke) I waltzed into the forest thinking think I could use my normal weapons and techniques...now I just go naked and OHKO everyone got sick of all the flasking.

Damn I just thought about it that hunter was up to no good wasn't he...I just assumed he was being fair and waiting his turn but now that I think about it he was trying to screw me over. Thought the prost. was for me now that I rewatched its for the host 'look skyward'

Best part of that video is when I dead angle him smack in the face to cancel his BS attempt twisted
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:26 pm

Tolvo wrote:Befowler I thought that was well known to anyone who's ever messed around with Pyromancy. silly

My trick is always to lob it at the person in front of a line, they'll dodge through and I almost always catch the person behind them, typically the host. big grin

Yep - I thought Tovlo would know this trick lol! Befowler - I have not tried this but I will give it whirl since I am curious on the effects. Using GF this way appears to introduce an "air burst" effect per your description. Definitely let us know if the chaos version includes a lava rain down effect on enemies.

Very good research on manipulating known attacks to achieve alternate effects.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:http://tinyurl.com/7784246 this is my new FH build - cough cough a bit OP in a way but ah well xD I have the 66 str because I 2h and it gives me the effect of 99 strength

TehInfamousAmos - your new avatar rocks!!! He was the baddest cat in Spartacus in my opinion.

Very interesting build - you should be able to dish-out quite a bit of destruction in the forest. You have to do a vid showing what should be done to campers.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Haha I will big grin
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 pm

DarkW17 wrote:Thanks Befowler thought it was time to video some of the anarchy. When I 1st started hunting(thanks to Broke) I waltzed into the forest thinking think I could use my normal weapons and techniques...now I just go naked and OHKO everyone got sick of all the flasking.

Damn I just thought about it that hunter was up to no good wasn't he...I just assumed he was being fair and waiting his turn but now that I think about it he was trying to screw me over. Thought the prost. was for me now that I rewatched its for the host 'look skyward'

Best part of that video is when I dead angle him smack in the face to cancel his BS attempt twisted

Dark - great vids man. You're OHK technique with the GC and MSGS is damn good you are very disciplined in regards to buffing. I fail to buff (mainly poison when I do) a lot of times. I learned early while playing DkS never run unless you have a head start twisted - turning your back is usually fatal. When the phantom turned to run for the protection of the host - I was like "Dark is about to BS 'em". It was a funny vid.

I think Befowler is correct about the "evil" FH (I had to watch the vid again) - when you first invaded it was clear they were banging that red. The FH appeared to be closer to the host than he was to the red after the host gets BS'd but the hunter went for a BS against the red - hmmm makes you wonder.... Anytime a FH is not going for the host or white upon first sighting (only exception is when a red is helping a host) something is definitely up. I can always smell a rat now :x since my run-in with one.

Great vids and good times all around.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Nice vids, will gankers never learn that running is the worst idea ever?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 pm

http://tinyurl.com/6v66trt SL225 version of my instagib murderer build :L
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Can you enchant a crystal weapon? If not, why the catalyst and CMW?
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:43 pm

yes, yes you can enchant them... they are basically a normal weapon with weaker durability and higher dmg. that is why I am using it, the two handed roll attack with no resin or buffs on does 1300 damage - non counter - it is easy to Dead angle with also. therefore the CMW + PW will equal about 2k damage for a roll attack almost.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Hey thanks guys ill have more to come its fun to record some of the stuff I see! Ya that guy the runs with a halbert and great shield...come on man I am almost naked...I guess I do have a scary club!

The important thing is to have fun which I do whether I am getting ganked or doing the ganking! I stopped using TWOP unless they are really good it takes all the fun out!

On the topic of crystal weapons people please build and buff the ones you can replace they are BEAST weapons....I am not caught dead without at least a half dozen crystal rapiers!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue May 01, 2012 10:48 am

I love watching OHKO videos even though I'm not very good at that. My tactics are nearly the opposite: I use a balder side sword (either enchanted or +15/buff) and chip away. My logic is that by drawing the fight out and making them run all over the place before killing them I am actually cutting into their farming more than if I just BS them immediately and they can just revive at the bonfire and go right back to it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 01, 2012 11:00 am

I'm in the middle. I chip but with my weapon of choice "chips" only need a few hits. Plus when I get the stagger I still get to let them know how badly they got owned. Big talk from a guy who still loses a lot......
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 01, 2012 11:37 am

Yeah - I'm more like befowler - I try to force the campers to deplete as much of their resources as possible. Even if I die I want to force the camper to either leave the forest to recharge, which will hopefully break/prevent them digging in or simply make it easier for the next hunter that invades. I like long fights anyway "I rather have a long battle and die than a short one and live".

Long live Alvina!!!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue May 01, 2012 1:49 pm

It definitely takes all kinds. One of my favorite recent ones was encountering a host who quickly ran out of estus (must have been fighting a while, all the mobs were dead etc) and started using humanities. After he used 2, I started playing soft and letting him run off to heal, and he eventually burned 7 before realizing he was setting himself back more than I ever could just killing him once. The smarter ones will suicide/dc once they're out of estus, but with this guy it was like the old Pulp Fiction speech about pride.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 01, 2012 2:43 pm

befowler wrote:It definitely takes all kinds. One of my favorite recent ones was encountering a host who quickly ran out of estus (must have been fighting a while, all the mobs were dead etc) and started using humanities. After he used 2, I started playing soft and letting him run off to heal, and he eventually burned 7 before realizing he was setting himself back more than I ever could just killing him once. The smarter ones will suicide/dc once they're out of estus, but with this guy it was like the old Pulp Fiction speech about pride.

Last night in the Painted World I let an invader run through 2 humanities healing, then he ran off thinking I hadn't killed the mobs and used a third. As soon as his health bar filled up Ilanded a jump attack and one a couple extra hits to finish him. Poor bastard lost more then he ever could have gained
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Best way to make it worse is getting the kill near the mob heavy areas
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 01, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm going to have to try out that chipping thing. It seems so dangerous though. I hate not being able to kill the phantom instantly and then take my time with the host (until the summoning message appears, then they're doomed to a very fast, very painful death).

Also, how should I deal with gankers that never put their shield down (not turtling), and those that dodge very well? Should I pull out the great scythe and dead angle or my Swag sword to hit quickly?
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Tue May 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Good point Befowler that makes sense I guess thats what I was kinda doing before with my claymore/balder side I would buff the balder then fall back on the ENC claymore or with my Mura and velka. I still invade that way also its just really really fun to OHKO gankers twisted

I guess I am that RED phantom jerk that comes storming in while you are chipping away and battling those 2 campers and just OHKO's the phantom so you can duel the host 1v1!

On a side note last night I killed both phantoms and actually had the host make 'the jump' down to darkroot...I healed and went for a blind jump attack but missed him....the Hydra took care of him before I could tho lol!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 01, 2012 7:14 pm

Quarik wrote:I'm going to have to try out that chipping thing. It seems so dangerous though. I hate not being able to kill the phantom instantly and then take my time with the host (until the summoning message appears, then they're doomed to a very fast, very painful death).

Also, how should I deal with gankers that never put their shield down (not turtling), and those that dodge very well? Should I pull out the great scythe and dead angle or my Swag sword to hit quickly?

Quarik - remember fight the type of fight you are most comfortable with because at the end of the day all you want is a win for the covenant.

For opponents who do not use a shield you should analyze the type of armor they are wearing, especially in regards to poise and use the most appropriate weapon. If you are good with the GS then use it or you can go for a intense stun-lock weapon so you can obtain continuous hits on your opponent. For quicker opponents who dodge/evade alot - then you use a quicker weapon - the BSS is a great choice for this. My strategy for quicker opponents is to be just as quick as they are (I don't wear heavy armor - I rather have speed which is life for me) - then I use my pike (I love long reach weapons for these type of opponents) when the opportunity arises for a quick 1 or 2 hits - then roll/flip away. You won't get quick kills this way but it may just cause your opponent change their attack strategy (use a different weapon, become more aggressive which may lead to a fatal error, etc) which is small victory in itself.

But remember always fight your fight not your opponents.

Good hunting!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm