Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Forum Pirate
dancash1808
SunlightCrusader
Uparkaam
Ciledaknuf
EmoElmos
Rynn
Spurgun
DxV04
Majikero07
Motopsycho
nsane32
Jotape
FinPeku
Shkar
Federally
eninala
TehInfamousAmos
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sunbro
Quarik
DarkW17
befowler
skarekrow13
Yog
cloudyeki
Brokewilly
Bamjam
34 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Ciledaknuf Mon May 21, 2012 9:17 pm

280 it is then! Thanks!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon May 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Well, the better option is not to cap yourself at all.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Ciledaknuf wrote:What would you guys say is a good level for ganker griefing? why?

Curious because I've been noticing that even though I'm 120, some are insanely high.

If you're a hunter, level up to max.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Mon May 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Low level is the way to go! Give them hell and little reward for killing you.

http://tinyurl.com/77jeg9e

Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Mon May 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Here's the American Version of my previous video. Another bad choice with the Bee Gee's, not because of copyright problems, but because I just heard one of them died today!
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Quick story time, while invading today in one of my fights it was a 1v2. Now I had been running into this group several times today, and have verified the gankerness of them. So I was able to pull them on to the bridge on the way to the mushroom guys, and to keep them on their toes I was firing random spells and tossing those toxic poo things at them. I wasn't locked on so every spell was missing as was the toxic poo, but using manual aim I was able to hit the host in the face with a CSS and OHK him. Rode that victory all day.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 pm

@Ciledaknuf - now that was some nice pyro work. I especially liked the air-burst GCF and the under the stairs Firestorm. I know gankers did not even see that coming :shock: .Seeing the body of the white dropping like that in front of you was priceless twisted .

Very nicely done sir Proper Bow - and the Bee Gees baseline worked too.

I would like to know how effective the GCF is in air-burst mode? I definitely would like get a clear view of its effects on campers caught in the AoE.

Keep the vids coming bro - good stuff. If you and Cloud (he really is a fire demon you know) would invade together - the two of you would probably burn the forest to the ground lol!

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon May 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Ashes Ashes they all fall down. Bee Gees rocked that one
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 pm

I find there to be something generally disturbing about having just went from level 40 to level 120 in one day, with 95% of my kills being backstabbing ganker hosts.
    EmoElmos
    EmoElmos
    Regular
    Regular

Post by EmoElmos Mon May 21, 2012 11:45 pm

@Ciledaknuf Good tips man, I'll try and use npcs more often in my fights.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 22, 2012 12:03 am

I haven't been able to get any FH invasions in the last 2 days. Other areas are hopping, but the forest is either dead or broken. Has anyone encountered that?
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Tue May 22, 2012 12:09 am

WOW... thanks for the encouragement fellow followers. For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 1330857165 In the future, I hope to do an expert tips video, but well... I'm not an expert. I was thinking you guys could let me know your expert tips and I'll try to pull them off while recording. All tips will be given proper credit. Or if there are any more ideas let me know.

Today I practiced "the jump" and failed... a few times... and the times I succeeded, the ganks didn't follow me. I was bummed. Still still, there is so much more to learn about this game. It blows my mind the depth of it.

Again thank you For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 1330857165
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 22, 2012 12:23 am

Quarik wrote:I haven't been able to get any FH invasions in the last 2 days. Other areas are hopping, but the forest is either dead or broken. Has anyone encountered that?

Quarik - I'm about to try to invade right now. Just to see what's going on. Will let you know if I can invade or not.

Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue May 22, 2012 1:02 am

Ciledaknuf wrote:

Today I practiced "the jump" and failed... a few times... and the times I succeeded, the ganks didn't follow me. I was bummed. Still still, there is so much more to learn about this game. It blows my mind the depth of it.

I actually had the opposite. I took the jump to heal and had someone actually follow me for the first time...then I realized I was using a rapier that invasion and couldn't kick him off.

Quarik wrote:I haven't been able to get any FH invasions in the last 2
    days. Other areas are hopping, but the forest is either dead or broken.
    Has anyone encountered that?

I had the exact opposite earlier...
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue May 22, 2012 1:06 am

Not of fan of air blasts, mostly because I'm bad at manual aim. Great pyromancy work man. I prefer offhanding the flame, mostly because I like going straight melee after any serious pyro hits. Main handing I think you get more range, but offhanding gives you an angle to lock-on throws.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 22, 2012 1:17 am

Quarik wrote:I haven't been able to get any FH invasions in the last 2 days. Other areas are hopping, but the forest is either dead or broken. Has anyone encountered that?

I host the forest often and sometimes the invasions are coming so fast it seems to get Hung up. Fog walls will go up and the game will act like I'm getting invaded but no one will show up. Have to restart the game to get it to work again. Other times I'll miss invasion notices, or not get them, go looking around and realize I have 2 or 3 AFK hunters standing in a row and that's why I haven't seen one.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 22, 2012 1:39 am

All better now. Invading with mediocre skills once again. THE FOREST SHALL TREMBLE AT MY AVERAGENESS!
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 am

cloudyeki wrote:Not of fan of air blasts, mostly because I'm bad at manual aim. Great pyromancy work man. I prefer offhanding the flame, mostly because I like going straight melee after any serious pyro hits. Main handing I think you get more range, but offhanding gives you an angle to lock-on throws.

Thank you. Yeah, I gotta get some practice with offhand (left hand?) pyromancy. When using fire you can't block so why not? I know though I'm gonna be trippin over myself though because I'm so used to my set up.

One thing I like doing that wasn't in my video is I like poking at them with a rapier for awhile until they're confident I'm not going to do any damage. Then I bust out the flame when they charge and they get a mouth full of kimchi. Good fun.

Oh! Strange thing happened before I shut down today. Too bad I wasn't recording. I invaded a single guy in the forest and he ran up the hill. Didn't know anybody else invaded, but another hunter came up. I just threw a lloyds talisman and hung back and waited to see what he would do. He just came at me like a raging bull with a BKGA but I dodged for a minute or so while the other hunter was getting backstabs and stuff. The strange thing was, dude didn't take any damage at all. Then he just stood there and took lightning bolts from the hunter... he gave the For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 3596227959 For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 3596227959 For the Glory of Alvina - Page 29 3596227959so I just started laying into him with headshot arrows (my offhand is the bow for now). He shrugged it off. I got bored of it and let him kill me and I messaged him about it. He was apparently infuriated about the 2v1 even though I wasn't fighting him from the beginning... I told him he was invincible for pete's sake. He just went on about how the odds weren't fair...

Anything of this nature happen to anybody before?

I also fought a gravelord with apparently infinite divine blessings... can you just buy them somewhere? Weird night in the forest
    Ciledaknuf
    Ciledaknuf
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Ciledaknuf Tue May 22, 2012 3:29 am

Shkar wrote:

I actually had the opposite. I took the jump to heal and had someone actually follow me for the first time...then I realized I was using a rapier that invasion and couldn't kick him off.

Nice! I dream of the day when I can kick someone off that cliff... but first I gotta make sure I don't die myself... practice makes perfect I suppose...
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue May 22, 2012 4:26 am

The blessing dupers are mostly gone, but it is duping. Go for OHKO crits and chains. Modded chars are rare, but they're definitely there. Kick them off of cliffs, that kills anything.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 am

I love that an invincible modder has the guts to call a 2v1 unfair.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 am

It was decent showing last night for the covenant. I got some good 1v1s, 2v2s and even got ganked by the "reading rainbow bunch" (host,white/yellow & red). I sent the host a PM saying that was very colorful gank - the host said he needed the souls???? I'm saying to myself "Souls are easy to get - just admit you like ganking."

Also, Quarik and I invaded together a couple of times - we were 1 out 2 in regards to wins. Quarik you are a beast with that flaming Mura bro!! I recorded both invasions so I will include with the next batch of vids I post.

Lately I have been experience a lot of campers disconnecting - even after defeating them. Don't know what the deal is but disconnecting is the ultimate display of cowardice and poor sportsmanship in my opinion.

It was a good night - win, lose or draw. Good hunting people!!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Brokewilly wrote:It was decent showing last night for the covenant. I got some good 1v1s, 2v2s and even got ganked by the "reading rainbow bunch" (host,white/yellow & red). I sent the host a PM saying that was very colorful gank - the host said he needed the souls???? I'm saying to myself "Souls are easy to get - just admit you like ganking."

Also, Quarik and I invaded together a couple of times - we were 1 out 2 in regards to wins. Quarik you are a beast with that flaming Mura bro!! I recorded both invasions so I will include with the next batch of vids I post.

Lately I have been experience a lot of campers disconnecting - even after defeating them. Don't know what the deal is but disconnecting is the ultimate display of cowardice and poor sportsmanship in my opinion.

To reinforce your point about farming, I hosted for a few hours yesterday in the forest. I earned a half million off AFK Hunters alone, doesn't even count the actual victories I got souls from.

On the flipside, I've been a host and a hunter and honestly hunters as a group are just as big a bunch of **** bags as the hosts are. So your compatriots *** with hosts and encourage ganking, which encourages more hunters to be D bags. It's a vicious cycle really.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 pm

I was just sort of "omnihosting" earlier.
    I've not killed Sif, so I was
    being invaded by Darkwraiths and Darkmoons
    placing my summon sign down and participating in 1 v 1 phantom fights
    placing my summon sign down and messing up gankers.
    Answering alvina's call.

There is a high probability that everyone playing that night both fought against me, and had me as an ally, at one point or another.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue May 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Federally wrote:
    Brokewilly wrote:It was decent showing last night for the covenant. I got some good 1v1s, 2v2s and even got ganked by the "reading rainbow bunch" (host,white/yellow & red). I sent the host a PM saying that was very colorful gank - the host said he needed the souls???? I'm saying to myself "Souls are easy to get - just admit you like ganking."

To reinforce your point about farming, I hosted for a few hours yesterday in the forest. I earned a half million off AFK Hunters alone, doesn't even count the actual victories I got souls from.

On the flipside, I've been a host and a hunter and honestly hunters as a group are just as big a bunch of **** bags as the hosts are. So your compatriots *** with hosts and encourage ganking, which encourages more hunters to be D bags. It's a vicious cycle really.

Yeah - it is sometimes very difficult for some hunters to not become what they despise the most - banger, lag attacker, chain BSer, etc. For me it is not difficult at all (except when temporary hunter PTSD kicks in) since my personality does not pair well with those styles of play (my conscience would screw with me if I used ganker tactics).I consider myself a anti-ganker through and through - this is the main reason I play the game.

I just try to set an example for other hunters (especially those who invade with me) to show there is a higher path they can follow yet still remain competitive. I always like seeing a camper bow from appreciation that I did not attack him while he was fighting another hunter or red (but I have gotten chain BS'd by the exact same campers as payment for my honorable actions LOL).

Fight hard and die harder!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 pm