Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
aceluby
FruitPunchNinja
callipygias
7 posters

Invisible Invader

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Invisible Invader Empty Invisible Invader

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:52 pm

I got invaded at the Darkmoon Tomb. I messaged the invader where I was. The stairs moved up then down, so I stood there waiting for him. Nothing. Then suddenly about halfway from the Tomb to the stairs I see the Green Blossom take effect on nothing. No shadow or anything at all. He was 100% invisible except for the green stuff coming off him

Thank goodness lock-on still worked. I messaged him after, asking how he did it but it was news to him. Is this a common glitch or is there some way to do this on purpose?
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Invisible Invader Empty Re: Invisible Invader

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:58 pm

i have never seen it happen but many people from FC have reported it. ive been taken out by people i thought were hitting me with range from afar but there was no soul arrow or normal arrow so its possible they were just not visable.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:35 pm

I've had this happen and have been on both sides, it's a fairly uncommon glitch, happens 1 out of maybe 100 invasions.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:35 am

I've seen this happen once. I was co-oping, an invader killed me in a few hits, but I never saw him.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:38 am

Happens quite frequently in the Forest actually. You will invade and see the host dancing around and taking damage, but no one is there, or so it seems.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:03 am

Imarreteet23 wrote:Happens quite frequently in the Forest actually. You will invade and see the host dancing around and taking damage, but no one is there, or so it seems.
    It happens quite often for me there, too. I think it has something to do with a network setting conflict, but I am probably wrong (Idea is based off Nat Type, a status based on gates open on routers. It affects many games on XBOX (Halo comes to mind)).

The version of invisible phantom you described is not typical. Most of the time if phantoms can't see each other, they can't hurt each other either.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:50 am

^I've had that too. Different thing altogether.

In FC, sometimes I couldn't see my opponent. The host would be standing around confused as to why the two of us wouldn't fight, and eventually the 3 of us would catch on that the phantoms can't see each other. More than just invisible, though, we couldn't hit each other, let alone lock-on. It was like the other just wasn't there at all.

But I've also had times when my opponent was just invisible but able to kill me. I don't know about being able to lock on... I didn't think to try because by the time I realized there must be someone there I was dead! What with being hit by an invisible opponent, and all.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:46 am

I thought this was the result of the fog ring and the chameleon spell used together.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am