Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Rynn
Kaminari
his1n-
Sulfur
DoughGuy
Imarreteet23
10 posters

Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove

Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove Empty Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:24 pm

What is the difference between the two? As you can tell, I have never used pyromancy, so I have no idea what the difference is.

Also, as a still pyromancy-related side note, what is the difference between chaos and regular pyro spells?

Thank you!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove Empty Re: Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove

Post by DoughGuy Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 pm

Chaos spells leave behind lava/are stronger with more humanity but take up 2 spell slots. Ascended glove has more mag addj, more base damage for the punch and better scaling than the normal glove. even +15
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove Empty Re: Ascended pyro glove versus +15 pyro glove

Post by Sulfur Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm

the upgraded glove is just a really expensive upgrade path that trumps the original glove.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Much appreciated Dough and Sulfur. Thank you!
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Chaos spells leave behind lava/are stronger with more humanity but take up 2 spell slots.

No one knows if it's simply a bug or From never really intended to make Chaos Pyromancy not scale with humanity... however, no spell does scale with it, despite the fact the game is patched to 1.05 by now.
    Q.'s Furysword, Chaos Blade and Chaos ascended weapons scale.

Chaos Great Fireball is still a terribly good spell to use.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:27 am

his1n- wrote:
    Chaos spells leave behind lava/are stronger with more humanity but take up 2 spell slots.

No one knows if it's simply a bug or From never really intended to make Chaos Pyromancy not scale with humanity... however, no spell does scale with it, despite the fact the game is patched to 1.05 by now.
    Q.'s Furysword, Chaos Blade and Chaos ascended weapons scale.

Chaos Great Fireball is still a terribly good spell to use.

I think Chaos great fireball DO scale with humanity though, but not the other chaos magics
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:49 am

Chaos spells leave lava in larger quanities/for longer periods of time with 10 humanity.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:48 am

But the damage stays the same for all chaos spells? :|

(I use pyromancy, but not the chaos one)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:52 am

Yeah I know the kava left behind gets bogger but I figured the chaos spell sthat dont use lava might scale.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 am

I DO know the difference between chaos and normal fire! Whoo! I feel special. Chaos's extra damage comes from it's lava residue. The more humanity, the more extra damage it does, but it's not a big difference. This applies to every spell other than Chaos Fire Whip, I believe. I haven't used this spell much, but it does WAY more damage than the original, and it has a longer range. The best chaos spells to use are the storm until you get the best pyro spell in the game, and the chaos fire whip. Both do way more damage against Seath than their original counterparts. But if you're going against anything that isn't a HUGE target and extremely weak to fire, I'd advice doubling up on normal spells. So, Seath and Nito are great to use chaos against. Anyone else... Meh. I have extra spells left over if I don't use chaos at the moment. So... Why not use chaos? haha! I have too much attunement.

So, to reiterate. I'd only use chaos if you end up always having too many spells left over that you're simply not using. Just simply swap out some for their chaos counterarts, and BOOM! You have spells that do slightly more damage to normal creatures, and you don't have left over spells! I don't run out, and all I have are Chaos Firestorm, Great Chaos Fireball, Chaos Fire Whip, and Firestorm. I co-op seath allllll day.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:47 am

Lol, the lava does everything but scale with humanity.
    It always covers the same area, always dealing exactly 1/3 of the damage of the main spell, applies also to the Whip.
    It's a bug, nothing more.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:32 am

no Im pretty sure people have done testing and the lava covered more area with more humanity.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:38 am

I did too, absolutely no effect humanity has.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 am

Oh, man. I know for a FACT that the afterlava does more damage. Giant ornstien ALWAYS gets hurt more from the afterlava from Giant Chaos Fireball when I've helped a few other players already and I have more humanity. I'm telling ya, hours and hours of pyromancing with Great Fireball and Giant Great Fireball at Anor Londo really gives you lots of information. And the reason I use Ornstien as an example instead of Seath is because I don't spam my pyromancies with Ornstien, so I see the initial damage of Great Chaos Fireball and the afterlava damage.

Edit: Are you comparing #'s higher than 10? Because the cap for the damage is 10 humanity. There's no difference in damage from 10 humanity and 63 humanity. Trust me, I've tried sad
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:15 am

... How... your post absolutely has nothing to do with anything written before, congratulations.

Humanity does NOTHING to the Chaos spells, everyone should write that down now.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:18 am

Before we start making blanket statements we ned to get more people on this. I think Bla1ne and Yesuurd and maybe Rynn could give us more info.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:31 am

his1n- wrote:... How... your post absolutely has nothing to do with anything written before, congratulations.

Humanity does NOTHING to the Chaos spells, everyone should write that down now.

Who are you talking to? :| I can see everyone here is talking about the (possible) additional damage the lava does with more humanity, no one talked about anything else now. I don't see what's wrong.

And if it's only about the fact that others disagree with you, this is a forum, you got to learn to deal with that, and there's no need to get offensive and act up as the one whose oppinions count only.

(Edit: FYI as previously said I can't have an oppinion on that topic, never used chaos spells)
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:15 pm

I have no idea if you've never used chaos spells with a difference in humanity or if you didn't get a patch or something? I just know it changes with humanity. There's a difference in damage with 1 humanity compared to 10 humanity. I've compared my damage at every step of the way from 1 humanity to 10 while co-oping. I know, I wanted to know how big the difference is. It's TINY. The difference between the damage with 1 humanity and 10 humanity is 300 against Seath with a chaos firestorm. The afterlava hits him at least 3 times and he's extremely weak to fire.

Edit: I apologize if I seem or have seemed offensive.

I'll go over it tonight and write down the #'s.

Edit#2: Man, now I'm thinking what'd happen if I'm wrong. I haven't played my pyromancer in a few weeks, and now I'm second guessing myself *facepalm* I'll have to put this all to rest tonight. Or over the next week. Test out the difference in damage against different mobs. Heck, maybe chaos has a hidden Occult damage! Now I'm really curious how chaos affects different mobs.
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:17 pm

You didn't sound offensive and neither I intended to sound myself (sorry for the sarcasm), your last post simply didn't express any relation to scaling in my eyes, just to lava dealing damage at all.

However, go and try...
    I simply tested the difference in damage at 0 and at 99 humanity. No difference, for no opponent, for no Chaos spell, under no circumstance.

Last edited by his1n- on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:20 pm

I can't stand this guy...
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm

still, I also have some experience as a Pyro build, and I say that it does stack up damage with humanity, up to 10, The chaos fireball at least, however I can't say for sure about the whip.

This will be my last post before tuesday, I'm off for a while.
    Going to get engaged with my girlfriend, she dosen't know yet winking

Cya everyone happy
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Hmm. Maybe you have to be human for it to scale with humanity? If you're summoned, you're automatically human, so that'd make sense why it'd always work for me. Again, I'm gonna go over it and write it all down.

Btw, that's a LOT of humanity. I've only gotten to 63 from farming some breakables and doing a bunch of co-op. I got up to 1.1mil souls, too XD. How long did it take to get to 99? o.O

And congrats! Super exciting XD.

... Can I come to the wedding?
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:27 pm

It takes like 2 hours from starting a new game to getting to 99 Humanity, using the Dark hand on any NPC, spending 5 minutes with the skeletons and starting to PvP as early as the Kiln is accessable.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Dude, no way haha! The fastest speed run is like 1 hour and 19 minutes... or something.

... Has anyone tried Chaos Spells with a glove that isn't upgraded? A glove that's +15? And an ascended glove? Maybe the chaos spells only scale if you use a glove that's ascended! I should try that, too.
    Darkson
    Darkson
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Darkson Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Darkson on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm