Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
WorldSlayerPIKA
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
Shkar
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
12 posters

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 2 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 09, 2012 7:00 am

Bump
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 2 Empty Re: The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 09, 2012 7:18 am

"When I saw the Crossbreeds arriving in the Painted World as strong sense of awe overtook me. They were so maginificant, so regal, so ferocious. Foremost amongst them was the one they called Valinthor, a young but accomplished chieftain. Others were Arrodach, Ild'Nys, and Laiirephaidron. However many there were I could not say but I found the young one to be a fascinating subject indeed. He had a martial mindset, ever training his body to become stronger. With a blade of pure Dragonbone I saw him shear through a section of the ramparts with a single one handed blow. Another time, with his claws, he caved in the chest piece of a scouting knight before ripping out the mans throat with his bare teeth. On further inspection it seemed the young one was a peaceable person indeed, however unbelievable this may have seemed. He spent much time in the Annex build conversing with me during which time a developed a fondness of the youth. Though several hundred years old, Valinthor was still a boy yet to be blooded by the Elders, and as such his position reflected how much he had achieved in such a short span of time. While Arrodach was wise and fierce, Ild'Nys impertuous and thrill seeking, and Laiireohadron a loud and belligerent dragon young Valinthor was ever quiet, ever focused, ever prepared."

Excerpt from Hammen the Scales Journal, My Studies into Ariamis.
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Wed May 09, 2012 10:52 am

Noble Knights shall ride forth!

PSN ID: WorldSlayerPIKA

SL: not determined yet. I am aiming for a new SL 80 Char. Right now, I have two SL 97 dummies ready….

Will the fight take place in Painted World (of SlayerPIKA)?

THANKS for organising and writing Lore!!!
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed May 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Awesome lore guys cheers

Upon hearing reports of the size and strenght of the enemy army lady mildred heads for the gym to do some training *rocky theme music* im heading for 120 worldslayer, you should to and then we might get a chance to co-op with a host together like last time.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 pm

The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 2 Noble_10
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed May 09, 2012 6:31 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:The Noble Knights vs The Lifehunters - recruitment - Page 2 Noble_10

Awesome. cheers

+1
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed May 09, 2012 6:33 pm

drew it earlier today - took about 15 mins - you can see by the lack of effort - was more of a doodle xD but yeah I could be campaign artist for all the Noble Knight Wars - perhaps I could design a pennant silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Amos you are hereby commissioned to draw for the war! If you want to of course.
    PIKA I'll add you. If you want you can use 2 different toons, a 120 and an 80. Itllbe a much longer event so there'll be plenty of time to change.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 09, 2012 10:06 pm

"It was a cold windy day when Osar bid Ser Isaac goodbye. The dual leader of the Order took 10 of his best Sunlit Knights with him and left for regions unknown. The 2 stood at the gate and shook hands and clapped each other on the back, as good friends do, before he departed. Isaac marched off in the direction of Blighttowm. Oscar stood at the gates for a time afterwards, watching the steadily receding figure of his friend. None of the council dared speak to me about his departure. I believe he has gone on a quest of vital importance, one that could be ruined by a careless tongue. The funny thing is, I swore that I saw Oscar pass isaac something in that handshake, a small envelope, with a suspiciously ring shaped lump."

Excerpt from Farel Gharllen's "The war to retake Lordran - Part II"

In honour of Ser Isaac, whose Dark Souls disc was stolen recently. We hope that the perpetrator is brought to justice.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed May 09, 2012 10:56 pm

"We came from all walks. Some were nobles, some were peasents; all were cast out. In Exile, we wandered; And at long last, our Queen welcomed us home. We forced no one from their home to survive. We struck at no man. We only seek the one who united us, who gave us a life. A purpose.

And yet, now you march against us. Like lambs to the slaughter, you march towards Her realm and seal your fates. Every man you send against us shall be slain. The harder you fight, the harder you will fall. It took the strength of 3 Lords to strike against the dragons, and now you fight against them.

You strike against a force you can not beat. If you begin, there will be no justice. There will be no salvation. We fight under the banner of the Queen, and you fight alone. Our Lady drove your very gods from their own citadel in fear; they will not lift a finger in your defence.

They know that to do so is to become the supper of The Eternal Gravelord."

- Plagius the Pariah, Servant of the Lifehunter
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu May 10, 2012 2:23 am

I must say Dough you may have bitten off more than you could chew with this one. The Gravesworn are informal and not all that disciplined. The Lifehunters on the other hand are regimented, organised, and dedicated. As far as fighting forces go in the DkS world the Lifehunters are the best/

"I was surprised when Valinthor and the other Halfbreeds called me to thier quarters, a little nervous to if truth be told. Their messanger had half scared me to death, as he woke me in the middle of a fitful dream with a low and sonorous growl.Arrodach was present, his back to the stone walled fireplace,a s was Ild'Nys admiring her scales in the light, Laiirephadron was not to be seen, his Clawpack was away on orders to watch the lower sections of the keep for intruders. They spoke of many things to me, most of which I will never repeat to a living soul for fear of their wrath, though they had me recount what I knew of thier history. They seemed satified with what I knew, shared thier pasts with me. Once over they made me promise to make a full account of the HalfBreed histories so that others may know of thier struggles. Here is what they told me...."

Excerpt from Hammen the Scale's Journal, A Record of my Studies into Ariamis.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 am

I'm worried that Ill be outnumbered too. The lifehunters have 12 members plus allies to my 8 plus no-one. We might need to get the POLG to even out the numbers. Plus the fact is Wyrm has his guys using all the dirty tricks in the book. I've worded my knights code of honour so that they can fight dirty if their opponents do, but they dont have practice doing it.
    Will post another quote soon, for now dinner.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu May 10, 2012 8:05 am

Not all. TWOP+WOG isn't looked upon favorably, though either or is fine. We our bettering ourselves in an environment where neglecting an advantage is most often fatal, not laughing as we spellspam helpless opposition.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 10, 2012 8:08 am

I meant more like BSing. "Beginning with rank 3, the Lifehunter must know how to Pivot BS, Roll BS and Counter BS". This will not be fun fighting against.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu May 10, 2012 8:11 am

DoughGuy wrote:I meant more like BSing. "Beginning with rank 3, the Lifehunter must know how to Pivot BS, Roll BS and Counter BS". This will not be fun fighting against.

Aye Pirate likes to ensure all the men worth having in the Lifhunters are extremely well trained.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 10, 2012 8:18 am

Due to my sporaadic internet + me not being that good at pvp + Tolvo on hiastus I havent been able to train my guys. However these wars should get us better.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 am

Oh, yeah. We don't encourage fishing exclusively instead of actual combat, but if we get a chance to bs you it will happen.

Several of us can blind parry to.

&I'm always willing to teach people how to bs/prevent bs's. I wont help until after the war of course winking
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 10, 2012 8:35 am

lol this is only the first of many my friend. I've so far gotten 1 parry. Against Viral after spamming for ages. Accidently rolled instead of attacking after it though. Thought it didnt connect due to lag.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu May 10, 2012 8:54 am

Lol yeah I walked right into that one. Got two parries today, showed them the power of the Dragon Greatsword!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 10, 2012 8:57 am

We're also gonna have to figure out a new scoring system. Especially if one side has more soldiers than the other. I mean in the gravelord war my team had 3 guys and won because (in my opinion) the gravelords mechanics put them at a disadvantage.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Thu May 10, 2012 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu May 10, 2012 9:58 am

I don't see why, you're invading a force using inferior numbers. How did you scare the last one.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu May 10, 2012 10:01 am

Forum Pirate wrote:I don't see why, you're invading a force using inferior numbers. How did you scare the last one.
    I uh, don't understand your last sentence.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu May 10, 2012 11:13 am

*score.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu May 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Okay - Dough, I will train your troops in basic combat skills - setup parries etc; May you enlist me for this job whilst Tolvo is away?? Because I feel that I may have the skills for the job - also perhaps I will be neutral on this side of the war - I will help to Noble Knights on my Gladiator? and then on the other day I will invade all day as a Lifehunter? Does that seem fair to you guys?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu May 10, 2012 6:28 pm

"To understand the people of Ariamis, one must first understand the world itself. It is a harsh place consisting of a single 'island,' almost entirely enclosed by ramparts and eternaly covered in snow. The native creatures are almost all strange mutations of lesser counterparts. White rats that bear the plauge, 'human' undead whos head and torso have become engorged purple sacs that spew fire and poison. The environment seems to reflect the people as well. Outcasts, insular and shunned by their own orders, they were taken in by the Half-Dragon, and they are fiercely protective of their new home and the lady who rules it. All of age to serve join the 'Lifehunters,' the sentinels of the land, named for an ability possesed by their God-Queen. The service is not mandatory, yet none abstain. How the guardians tell trespassers from those called by their Queen is a mystery to me, though the penalty for such trespasses is death, without exception. This author is only tolerated as an emissary to the outside, to document their way of life and convey their wish to be left alone, as well as the penalty for ignoring that warning. The path to the main gate is lined with the bodies of unfortunate souls, impaled on spikes as a warning. The Lifehunters seem to simply materialise to dispatch intruders, how they do this is a complete mystery as they refuse to reveal their methods, though its an unwelcome surprise to be sure."

Exerpt from the journal of Morinth the Uncouth
    Author of 'The History of Ariamis'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 am