Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dragon Stone PvE questions

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dragon Stone PvE questions Empty Dragon Stone PvE questions

Post by Rynn Mon May 07, 2012 12:59 pm

I've got a few in depth questions about dragon form. I'm looking particularily at how it operates in PvE.

• Force, and the dragon stone both deflect arrows and similar attacks. What does this apply to? Pyromancy? Demon Firesages explosion? Giant rocks thrown in blighttown? What projectile type attacks can I avoid?
    • The stone increases damage by 35% at rank 3, is this, like the RTS, effective on even magic?
    • I heard the Lingering Dragoncrest effects this buff, raising it to 10 seconds?
    • Does dragon form have any natural defense buffs.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dragon Stone PvE questions Empty Re: Dragon Stone PvE questions

Post by Spurgun Mon May 07, 2012 1:22 pm

i don’t know if the force repels demon firesages attacks or the boulders. you can stop arrows and spells with them so i imagine that you could also stop pyros, haven’t ever tried this though.
    everything is buffed.but it will be hard to hit with spells since the buff wears out quickly.
    don’t know about the lingering dragoncrest ring, if that id true i might start using it though
    the dragon form does not have any defense buffs.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Anyone else wish to throw any information into the fray about this? As I currently stand, I've got questions before I rush through the game with a dragon. I had to leave halfway through typing that post, so here is some more questions.

How viable is fist based combat for a dragon form player, how much damage does it do per whack?
    Does Dragon Form reduce lightning defense? I heard it does, but I'm unsure it does.
    If I use the Dragon Stone to go full dragonoid, can I use the Dragon Head Stone to cast the breath attack, and if so how damaging is it under the circumstances of being a rank 3 dragonoid? Fire, or physical damage?
    I heard dragon form increases the damage of dragon weapons, is this in any way true? Does it effect the special ability perhaps?
    The dragon's force attack has no threshhold for stuns, correct?
    What is the effective range of the force skill? Could I most likely keep a Washing Pole/Dragonslayer Spear away from me? (The irony to dying to a Dragonslayer spear would be hilarious btw).
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon May 07, 2012 2:33 pm

when your in full dragon form you can use the fire breath, it it fire damage and as for how much it does... its repeated hits that do small damage but add up, not sure how nasty it is at rank 3 though.

and the dragon fist have a completely unique moveset and do around 300 damage a hit (on hollow warriors at rank 0 cov if i remember correctly), its roll attack is a headbutt! as for defense... same as being naked some res and humanity will help. and at max you can have 40 poise via the ring... i might suggest dragon weapons for their passive defense boosts.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 07, 2012 2:38 pm

It indeed can reflect pyromancy - I have reflected one sir's Great Combustion straight back in his face to kill him silly
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon May 07, 2012 2:39 pm

the fists don’t do much damage, ~ 200/300 damage to the hollows near firelink.
    i haven’t ever noticed the dragon form increasing lighting defense, shouldn’t dragons be weak to lighting anyway?
    yes you can use the breath attack. you just have to have the head stone equipped. it does fire damage. not very much though. it also uses a lot of stamina. but it is great for breaking guards.
    i was going to test the damage of the special attacks but my save files got corrupted so i can’t answer this one.
    the roar has no stun threshold in PvP, don’t really know about it in PvE.
    it has the same range as force/WoG, meaning that anything as as long as the silver knight spear will definitely be able to hit you without getting stunned.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 07, 2012 2:47 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:when your in full dragon form you can use the fire breath, it it fire damage and as for how much it does... its repeated hits that do small damage but add up, not sure how nasty it is at rank 3 though.

and the dragon fist have a completely unique moveset and do around 300 damage a hit (on hollow warriors at rank 0 cov if i remember correctly), its roll attack is a headbutt! as for defense... same as being naked some res and humanity will help. and at max you can have 40 poise via the ring... i might suggest dragon weapons for their passive defense boosts.
    300 damage... that places it a bit above the strength of a Drake Sword if my memory serves me correctly! I wonder if that get's stronger at higher ranks. Also I giggled at the thought of headbutting an enemy. I might just fight with my claws for a laugh if it turns out to be viable at all. So my remaining questions, and new ones would be...
    Does higher ranks in the dragon Covenant increase melee damage when fist fighting?

The Pyromancy question was just for clarification Amos, I'm pretty sure I told you on skype last night about having done that to someone = D

EDIT: I was asking if Dragon Form -reduced- lightning defense, not increased it.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon May 07, 2012 2:49 pm

I think you did silly
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 07, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm still curious on if higher ranks in the Covenant give Dragon Fist Fights more damage.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon May 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Backstabbed an invader for 900 damage...
    With my hands...
    -Hands-
    I'm not entirely cool with that. Ripostes disporportionally do 1640 damage.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 am

with crit ring? if so take it off in place of something else if the massive damage is unsetteling, like the steel ring or the poise ring or the cloranthy ring since dodging is your main form of defense.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 1:31 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:with crit ring? if so take it off in place of something else if the massive damage is unsetteling, like the steel ring or the poise ring or the cloranthy ring since dodging is your main form of defense.
    No, it did that without the hornets ring, hence why I'm so bothered by it. That's just not cool. I already picked my dragon build.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 08, 2012 1:38 am

umm that link came up to a blank slate with no stats added.... im guessing pumped vit and end for stamina with rofap and cloranthy ring with grass crestshield and bare dragon fist?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 1:43 am

http://tinyurl.com/86a6pon
    Sorry, used the wrong link XD
    I see both PvP and PvE potential there. This will be a fun change of build type.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 08, 2012 10:45 am

why did you get downrepped for the first post?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 10:54 am

hellooo wrote:why did you get downrepped for the first post?
    I have no clue, I stopped asking about this though, because every time I ask I get + spammed rather then told what I did wrong.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 am

i hate people who just downrepp instead of saying why they didn’t like what you post, he/she is probably just doing it for the lulz though :|
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 08, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm not worried about it. I've got an inkling of who it usually is anyway. Rep is generally pointless anyway, so I'm not bothering with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 pm