Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
skarekrow13
Whknight
ViralEnsign_
User
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Imarreteet23
Buggy Virus
Argetlam350
DoughGuy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sulfur
15 posters

Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S

Poll

Who wins

[ 11 ]
    Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S  I_vote_lcap50%Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S  I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S  I_vote_lcap50%Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S  I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 22
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S  Empty Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S

Post by Sulfur Tue May 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Link (Legend of Zelda) vs Ornstien and Smough.

Who wins?

Also, it would be awesome to explain why you picked who you did
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S  Empty Re: Fantasy Battle: Link vs O&S

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 pm

O&S, the numerical advantage would be too much for Link.

If Ornstein wasn't able to shoot lightning then maybe I''d go with Link, because then Link would be able to hookshot up one of the buttresses and rain arrows down on the duo.
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Tue May 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Really? I thought Link would pull it off because He's like the chosen undead in dark souls, but more badass.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Sulfur wrote:Really? I thought Link would pull it off because He's like the chosen undead in dark souls, but more badass.

Well, if he had some bottled fairies, then, yeah, that'd help him out tremendously.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Ornstein's just as fast. Plus there arent any weak spots so he couldnt actually damage them.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue May 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Two on one wins most of the time. Plus with the fact that Ornstien basically as fast as Link it would be a difficult fight for him. Maybe if Ornstien didn't have lightning nor could glide from one place to another at ease, then maybe I'd go with Link.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 08, 2012 10:39 pm

*facepalm* we forgot something. Link just brings in Navi and she annoys them to death,
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue May 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Who is on the controller end of link?
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed May 09, 2012 12:45 am

"Hey, listen!"

"What Navi?"

"Kill the skinny one first!"

Game over, Link wins.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed May 09, 2012 1:11 am

O&S

link would be kept busy by ornstein and eventually get steam rolled by smough, plus he has no fire or elemntal weapons, just a compound (i think) bow +15 long sword and +15 knight shield or maybe a bit better... also lightning attacks instantly stun link for like .5 seconds in all of his games... bad news for link...
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Wed May 09, 2012 1:18 am

Well, his gear depends on what point in the game the boss is at. He either has a wooden shield or a knight shield (usually), and either a Longsword or a... I don't know actually. What is the master sword?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 am

A bastard sword, I shall say. Half way between one and two.
    Sulfur
    Sulfur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sulfur Wed May 09, 2012 1:38 am

I always thought of it more as the astora straight sword.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 09, 2012 2:19 am

Link would take the fight easily.

He is proficient multiple enemy fighter as seen when her took on the Baba Sisters in the Spirit Temple in Orcarina of time, not to mention all of the moblins he is often seen taking out in droves. His spin attack would be of extreme use when O&S got close allowing him to target them both. Also he could use that move to jump up to Smough or Super Ornies faces to end the fight with a single his (SSBB and SSBM B+Up move).

He also has the mirror shield. That would reflect O's bolts back at him or S for easy kills.

That and his ability to pull out the OHKO light arrow that was given to him means that he could deal with O first with his Light Arrows and then turn to Super Smough.

Also we forget Link has the Triforce of Courage. This power would make him almost unstoppable. And lets not forget that Link has taken on harder bosses and a dozen different environments including massive castle ante chambers.

Link could also just hook shot his way up thier to escape Smough who is clearly too fat to get up there.

Any takers who say O&S could beat Link. Come on guys you're dreaming.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed May 09, 2012 2:29 am

I'll say evenly matched. Both sides have advantages and disadvantages that come into play. If we are making Dark Souls the main 'world' then Link will most likely be able to revive and since he holds the Triforce of Courage he'll never stop challenging them. Also given Link's adaptability to almost any situation he'll just keep gaining an edge against them until he wins, this is barely taking account that he has several different tools to help him out.

But if this is happening in Hyrule then it plays more into S&O, as the worlds are not really dynamic(think I choose the right word) and death just makes you reload. So going of that then if he 'dies' he actually dies and that would be the end of it.

And finally if this is with people controlling all characters then it just depends who is doing it. I remember clearing that special dungeon in Twilight Princess using nothing but the starting sword, and even though that was years ago I still remember the pain and suffering I went through to pull it off.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 10:19 am

Link all the way. Here's why.....

He would do a spin attack and get Ornstein to flank left. Link rolls forward between the first pillars and drops a bomb and then rolls back to the entrance. As the fuse starts burning Smough draws ever closer. Link throws the magic boomerang which goes all the way to the back of the room and ricochets wildly off the chest of Gwynevere's statue. It come back around and hits Ornstein in the back of the head as he's preparing to skewer Link. The boomerang makes Ornstein blink. Link shoots him in the eye. By this time, Smough has ingested the bomb and discovers that his armor doesn't help a whole lot with internal injuries.

The cutscene shows a half blind Ornstein absorbing Smough's power from a fragment of his body that flew nearby after the bomb attack. Super Ornstein tries a jumping attack and thinks he's completely safe seeing as how little ol' Link is only holding a flute. The ensuing tornado smashes him into the balcony above and drops his badly broken body to the floor. As Link approaches for the killing blow, Ornstein is terrified as he discovers Link easily deflecting his last ditch lightning attacks with a crappy wooden sword. In all of his years fighting dragons and repelling chosen undead he grew complacent with most heroes using a lighting rod as a weapon. The world fades to darkness as Link clubs him with a glorified stick.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 09, 2012 10:22 am

I've done some testing and Smough refuses to eat any of the items I dropped (including black firebombs and dung pies). Im afraid your idea is disproved Skare.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 am

The problem is you don't have Link's bombs to test out. Lordran items are all dingy and not tasty looking while Link's bombs look like blueberries. Smough plans to eat the tasty berry with the weird stem and then add Link's crushed bones to it later.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed May 09, 2012 10:47 am

Ohh come on dont tell me you guys have forgoten the mirror shield there's no way any projectile Lit attacks from Oren could make it through it. And he has the master sword.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 09, 2012 12:22 pm

I just liked the idea of bludgeoning with a wooden stick better. The mirror shield is obvious against lightning attacks.
    sinisterapathy
    sinisterapathy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinisterapathy Wed May 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Link wins....really no need to explain why either silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Are you kidding? Link wouldn't have a chance. 2V1 and the guy can only kill clumsy monsters with extremely coincidental weaknesses...

I mean Link's cool and all but he couldn't kill a Dark wraith or a Black knight, let alone Pikachu and Snorlax.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 09, 2012 4:21 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Link all the way. Here's why.....

He would do a spin attack and get Ornstein to flank left. Link rolls forward between the first pillars and drops a bomb and then rolls back to the entrance. As the fuse starts burning Smough draws ever closer. Link throws the magic boomerang which goes all the way to the back of the room and ricochets wildly off the chest of Gwynevere's statue. It come back around and hits Ornstein in the back of the head as he's preparing to skewer Link. The boomerang makes Ornstein blink. Link shoots him in the eye. By this time, Smough has ingested the bomb and discovers that his armor doesn't help a whole lot with internal injuries.

The cutscene shows a half blind Ornstein absorbing Smough's power from a fragment of his body that flew nearby after the bomb attack. Super Ornstein tries a jumping attack and thinks he's completely safe seeing as how little ol' Link is only holding a flute. The ensuing tornado smashes him into the balcony above and drops his badly broken body to the floor. As Link approaches for the killing blow, Ornstein is terrified as he discovers Link easily deflecting his last ditch lightning attacks with a crappy wooden sword. In all of his years fighting dragons and repelling chosen undead he grew complacent with most heroes using a lighting rod as a weapon. The world fades to darkness as Link clubs him with a glorified stick.

Nah I'd like to see him get put his glorified baton and conduct the winds into a tornado sen ding O&S over the balconies of anor londo!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Are you kidding? Link wouldn't have a chance. 2V1 and the guy can only kill clumsy monsters with extremely coincidental weaknesses...

I mean Link's cool and all but he couldn't kill a Dark wraith or a Black knight, let alone Pikachu and Snorlax.

You have not seen Links true potential. He can wear armour that makes him invincible at the cost of rupies, rich link = never die.

Also Link is way faster than and BK or DW both of whom would die instantly if link did his Punishing Draw move or his Super Smash.

Also a speedly Hookshoter could flit from wall to wall avoiding all attacks.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 09, 2012 5:09 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:Are you kidding? Link wouldn't have a chance. 2V1 and the guy can only kill clumsy monsters with extremely coincidental weaknesses...

You have not seen Links true potential. He can wear armour that makes him invincible at the cost of rupies, rich link = never die.

Also Link is way faster than and BK or DW both of whom would die instantly if link did his Punishing Draw move or his Super Smash.

Also a speedly Hookshoter could flit from wall to wall avoiding all attacks.

Excuse me? Super smash? wtf are you on about you see smash balls flying around O&S arena? also Ornstein can pretty much teleport.. slower my ***, Link gets double teamed, doesn't matter how good his armour is when all he wears is a short sleeve shirt and a skirt when he can get his head smushed by a giant hammer.

Here is my example:

Skip to the end and I rest my case big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:32 am