Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
jjshowal
lordgodofhell
reim0027
Majikero07
Odinbear
dirkdeadeye
White Mamba
billy_bayonet
Katakato
bb71
Azran
DoughGuy
Buggy Virus
Fuzzlewhack
Imarreteet23
BLA1NE
Sebastrd
Glutebrah
Wade_Wilson
Maneater_Mildred
MsCherryBlossom
25 posters

Question to people that are actively in PVP

lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question to people that are actively in PVP - Page 2 Empty Re: Question to people that are actively in PVP

Post by lordgodofhell Tue May 15, 2012 1:53 am

Everyone is different...

That being said, you don't play for pvp so kill them quickly and keep it moving. If invading I usually don't bow I just hunt them down. If invaded I usually bow unless I can tell by the murderous intent in their steps that they don't intend on being honorable.

sidenote, you get bonus points everytime someone sends you hate mail. I love reading it knowing they are genuinely frustrated by me. Question to the masses, when using honor as an excuse, whats less honourable... Darkwraiths not bowing or hosts rolling around with 2 phantoms wherever they go?
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Question to people that are actively in PVP - Page 2 Empty Re: Question to people that are actively in PVP

Post by jjshowal Tue May 15, 2012 11:47 am

You are totally right in doing whatever you want if you are invaded and you did not have the intention of playing PvP. It's exactly what the developers envisioned. People invade your world to try to f up your game and take your souls, so... you do what ever you want to rid them from your world. Bravo.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue May 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Look I’m of the mind that if I’m in the forest then I’m looking for intense no hand holding 3v1 situations where I know I’m going to be outnumbered and I don’t summon other spirits (gravelording) im usually looking for enemy’s that will come at me with everything they got and I will do the same.

Like if there is a BS fisher and my health is low I don’t feel guilty for using estus with my back against a wall.

If im going to be mad at someone for a backstab then might as well be mad at spell spammers/Twop users/ stunlockers/Wotg users/ DMB users/SLB users/ hornet users/Parry fishers/Moon Conon users/guys who use world enemies to their favor/ butt buddiesQuestion to people that are actively in PVP - Page 2 3248139268 Question to people that are actively in PVP - Page 2 3358384175 (guys who summons spirit to help gank)

What’s left after their all gone? 4% maybe if you’re lucky.Question to people that are actively in PVP - Page 2 1330857165

Everyone has a style of play some people just like to conform more than others and others are total anti conformist that’s right you know who you are up there on you imaginary pedestal.happy
    Rollo-9
    Rollo-9

Post by Rollo-9 Tue May 15, 2012 1:01 pm

If you are just playing through your quest and happen to be in the burg and get invaded, fine do whatever. But it is a PVP Dueling area, for honour fights. And theres no reason for you to be there for more than half hour it takes pass through it, unless you're hanging out trolling invaders right?
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue May 15, 2012 3:51 pm

People are saying that you can hit invaders who bow if you are doing PvE, since you are just trying to do PvE and anything goes to get them out of your world.

Although I agree you have every right to expel invaders who aren't duelists, I still don't think you should hit them during a bow. The reason for this, is although all other tactics, like flasking and baiting is fine, hitting someone while they bow is unnecessary.

Someone bowing doesn't give any advantage or anything. They are simply being courteous, and it is just like a meaningless time out. Hitting people who bow just discourages it, and if we keep the policy that hitting people who bow they will eventually stop doing it.

This means that we have two options, get a few cheap shots now and lose phantoms bowing first, or just let phantoms bow sometime and have a little more politeness in the system.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Tue May 15, 2012 4:07 pm

I get what many of you are saying in terms of not hitting someone who is bowing. Last I would want to do is make people not want to do the gesture, but at same time the whole PVP portion doesn't really involve me since I don't participate in it. So people not bowing anymore doesn't affect me at all.
    middya

Post by middya Tue May 15, 2012 5:39 pm

I recently started PvPing, so far mostly as a DW invader with the rare RSS sign laid down. I've never invaded in the Burg (I'm doing PW for the most part) but I try to be as fair as possible. There are a lot of gankers around, so it's often quite annoying invading as well, but as others have said, as an invader I don't really risk losing anything. Whereas a host at the very least loses humanity if they are defeated.

Don't worry about it, if an invader gets angry with you for not wanting to follow whatever rules they have come up with, that's their problem. You're the one with at a disadvantage, and they invaded you, you can do whatever you please. If you were interested in duelling or whatever you would have communicated that somehow, if you don't then they shouldn't expect anything of you.

PS: Only time I've gotten ragemail was from a host who BS-oneshotted me as I was bowing. Fight was over in like ten seconds without me having done anything, basically. Kind of strange to get upset over that.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Tue May 15, 2012 6:00 pm

After a few hours of dueling in the burg, I finally met my first ******* of the day.

I wanted to try fast rolling and no shield so I have my BSS and pyro glove out , wearing light armor. I put down my RSS hoping for a good fight. Instead, I got summoned and the host is hiding inside the room below the crossbow hollow. I closed the door and he started swinging at me. I threw all my great fireballs and chaos fireballs at him then he ran up the stairs to heal. I killed him with fire orbs.

I got summoned by him again. I got a bow in and he did the "what is it" gesture. Same as before, throw fireballs, he runs to heal, popped a humanity too late and got smashed and BS.

I got summoned by him again. Same as before, throw fireballs, he runs to heal, I followed him and GC spam him to death.

Good god, if you can't dodge fireballs, then have the decency to die with dignity in the flames if Izalith instead of forcing me to use GC spam.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue May 15, 2012 6:29 pm

^You should've messaged him, asked why he was behaving that way. Either he doesn't know how you're supposed to behave in a Burg duel--in which case, the sooner he's told, the better--or he thought you were the one doing something cheap. Either way, a little communication might not have hurt.
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    WorldSlayerPIKA
    Regular
    Regular

Post by WorldSlayerPIKA Wed May 16, 2012 8:37 am

My 5 cents:

It is common knowledge that players in human form can be invaded. Not hollow = no Invasion. I don’t find it legit to rant about invaders when choosing to be Human. It’s a known game mechanic! So we would need to discuss about this game mechanic instead of the “bad / evil” invaders.

I really hated this mechanic when I wanted a coop partner and instead got an invasion, but most of the time when I get an invasion WSS sign do appear pretty fast, so I could turn the invasion in a 2 vs 1 fight, trolling the invader!

I know the risk when being human and will avoid it! Is this an appropriate example: walking as hollow is like driving a motor-bike with a helmet. Walking as human is like driving a motor-bike without a helmet.

Then I am a very honorable player – I admit, sometimes it’s too much empathy for an enemy :roll: I hate to beat someone in a cheap way because its no challenge!!!!!!! Everyone can spam AOE spells, Attacking while other is bowing. Where’s the fun in winning a fight with such Kindergarten tricks? That’s just my point of view!

Last but not least: FC rules are made for FC. Everything outside of FC does not need to follow the FC rules. That’s also common knowledge.

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 am

Roolz, we don'T need no stinking' roolz. Last I knew this game didn't come with a code of conduct or anything. Of the such. Weird that half want roolz and the other half don't even know about them (don't read the forums, or read English). Why can't the game just be played for what it is? If you're afraid of being invaded, hire the mercenary phantoms to get you through. True, sometime 3v1 still isn't enough but better than 1v1 against a powerful invader. personally, I'm getting to like the invader part of the game ( only invaded 2x with one of my chars), seeing the dark- spirit **** has invaded pumps my adrenaline now. Now if only I could get the hosts to quit turning tail and running when they see the invader.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm