Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Does upgrading catalysts increase the power of the spells?

tapir8
    tapir8
    Casual
    Casual

Does upgrading catalysts increase the power of the spells?  Empty Does upgrading catalysts increase the power of the spells?

Post by tapir8 Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:28 am

When tried upgrading dex for dex mele weapons, the amount of extra damage caused by me leveling up, was pretty minuscule. But, when the weapons themselves were upgraded , there was a huge difference in attack power. It was to power of the mele weapon, not the stats the made the differene in damge. Will that work the same way for catalysts, because leveling up character stats seems to not affect the magic power that much..
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Does upgrading catalysts increase the power of the spells?  Empty Re: Does upgrading catalysts increase the power of the spells?

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 am

Only one you can upgrade is the pyro flame. And yes its the only way to make pyro spells stronger as int does nothing.
    Gumby
    Gumby

Does upgrading catalysts increase the power of the spells?  Empty Re: Does upgrading catalysts increase the power of the spells?

Post by Gumby Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 am

Catalysts cannot be upgraded. However you can transform any catalyst into the darkmoon catalyst which uses fth instead of int for increase in magic ar.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 am

Gumby wrote:Catalysts cannot be upgraded. However you can transform any catalyst into the darkmoon catalyst which uses fth instead of int for increase in magic ar.
    Wrong as the smart person above you said.... The pyro catalyst can be upgraded winking
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:21 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    Gumby wrote:Catalysts cannot be upgraded. However you can transform any catalyst into the darkmoon catalyst which uses fth instead of int for increase in magic ar.
    Wrong as the smart person above you said.... The pyro catalyst can be upgraded winking

The Pyromancy flame isn't a catalyst. So you are still wrong.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:46 am

Eliteknight wrote:
    Maneater_Mildred wrote:

The Pyromancy flame isn't a catalyst. So you are still wrong.
    Yeah i guess so, but was using the slang term where catalyst means any tool for casting spells.
    Gumby
    Gumby

Post by Gumby Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:02 am

I just think you like to post to post. A pyro hand is definitely not a catalyst. Can you cast any magic spells with pyro hand post patch 1.05. Probably another one of those forum posters who give out misleading information lol. I bet you know which door the pendant opens too lmfao.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:37 am

Gumby wrote:I just think you like to post to post. A pyro hand is definitely not a catalyst. Can you cast any magic spells with pyro hand post patch 1.05. Probably another one of those forum posters who give out misleading information lol. I bet you know which door the pendant opens too lmfao.
    I already admited in the post above yours that i was wrong to call the pyro a catalyst, and explained that i was thinking of "catalyst" in the terms of any item that casts a spell(i think its a habit from demon souls days when i used the "catalyst" that cast both types of magic) anyways i was not trying to mislead anyone. Sorry for my error.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm