Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Dubscythe
Buggy Virus
RagingDragon_69
RANT
Knight Alundil
jjshowal
Serious_Much
Rynn
12 posters

It's my opinion this game was not built to cater around a level of 120.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

It's my opinion this game was not built to cater around a level of 120. Empty It's my opinion this game was not built to cater around a level of 120.

Post by Rynn Thu May 17, 2012 4:47 pm

This game was not built around a level cap of 120, and if we stopped trying to restrict ourself to level 120, and continued onwards to level 705, as an entire community, PvP would flourish, as well as PvE. As it currently stands, darkwraiths can invade anyone, and so can darkmoons, but both loose massive amounts of efficiency when trying to do such below level 120, or above level 120. This is just pointless, and it breaks the intended mechanics of the game.

Imput? Opinions?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

It's my opinion this game was not built to cater around a level of 120. Empty Re: It's my opinion this game was not built to cater around a level of 120.

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 17, 2012 4:49 pm

It's just the way it is Rynn, it's a set point where you sacrifice all out completeness of builds but can still be proficient with certain skills.

There is plenty of SL80 action, just higher than 120 that is a problem.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

It's my opinion this game was not built to cater around a level of 120. Empty Re: It's my opinion this game was not built to cater around a level of 120.

Post by jjshowal Thu May 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Darkmoons can only invade levels within 10% +5. Or am I wrong?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu May 17, 2012 5:24 pm

jjshowal wrote:Darkmoons can only invade levels within 10% +5. Or am I wrong?
    As I mentioned in a thread in PvP discussion, Darkmoons seem to invade in a 20% level difference for base.... at least from my personal experience.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu May 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Totally agree with this. I wish there were more people pvping at lower levels tbh, and i mean fair pvp.

Is there not a higher pvp cap thats often used, 225? Not sure though.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu May 17, 2012 5:37 pm

i think the whole point is to get to sl 711 but most pvp'ers decided tha sl 120 would be the perfect sl to have a uniquie build which of course poeple dont have to agree with and at sl 120 and damage is pretty much the same as an sl 711 would have. i actually wouldve prefered the sl cap for pvp to be sl 99.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Thu May 17, 2012 6:43 pm

I agree with you Rynn. I have a level 710 character and I love it. Being able to use every weapon and every armor combo is a great way to test a build before you even make it. I think everyone should have a high level toon, plus some fresh blood in the high level PVP would be nice to see. I didn't start out thinking I has making a high level toon, I just had a billion souls from PVP and I decided what the hell I may as well level up. And all of us here that are into PVP have that monsterous pile of souls just sitting there anyways, why not put them to use for at least one toon and try it out? I also enjoy the uniqueness of a 120 build don't get me wrong, I have multiple builds at 120 but sometimes you need to shake things up a bit.

Also what most people fail to remember is that if you stay at 120 and are a dedicated invader (DW or FC mostly) you are handicapping yourself as they tend to invade up. Or you can view it as a challenge like I do, as I like to invade in the forest on my 120 and last night I killed a guy for over 600k souls, not sure what level they were but it was a challenge. However if you are just doing fight club duels on that toon then there would be no such disadvantage. But I have been on my 710 and been invaded by lower level toons and it is usually a laughable encounter.

Hell my PVE mobs drop more souls at NG20 than the low level invaders.lol!
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 pm

I like sl 120. You can't do whatever you want with your build, but that's what makes it interesting, you need to decide who your character is really going to be.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu May 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Leveling up to 705 would be a massive time sink, if that was the "official" PvP level I wouldn't even bother with it. My current PvP character is at 86 with almost 17 hours played and i'm already getting impatient.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 18, 2012 2:42 am

Dubscythe wrote:Leveling up to 705 would be a massive time sink, if that was the "official" PvP level I wouldn't even bother with it. My current PvP character is at 86 with almost 17 hours played and i'm already getting impatient.
    I don't believe there should have been an official level in the first place. This games features and functions were not designed around a stagnation less then a quarter of the way up it's leveling tree.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Fri May 18, 2012 2:47 am

Rynn wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:Leveling up to 705 would be a massive time sink, if that was the "official" PvP level I wouldn't even bother with it. My current PvP character is at 86 with almost 17 hours played and i'm already getting impatient.
    I don't believe there should have been an official level in the first place. This games features and functions were not designed around a stagnation less then a quarter of the way up it's leveling tree.

The game wasn't designed with an honor system either, yet people get called dishonorable for a myriad of things.

If 120 is generally recognized as the standard PvP SL it's going to take a lot for people's minds to change, like proving that it's not the best.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Fri May 18, 2012 2:53 am

Well your refusal to enter NG+ is a contributing factor. It's much easier to gather souls then.

@Rynn you don't think it would be a bit boring when every character can do everything?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Fri May 18, 2012 2:55 am

I can tell you one thing, the Greatsword of Artorias would certainly become a lot more popular.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri May 18, 2012 2:56 am

The idea of the 120 is to have unique match ups. You have to choose wisely and be dedicated to that build's style.

It would be interesting to see a 700 FC, just to see what those fights look like.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 18, 2012 2:58 am

Federally wrote:

Well your refusal to enter NG+ is a contributing factor. It's much easier to gather souls then.

@Rynn you don't think it would be a bit boring when every character can do everything?
    From my past experience, back when the Dragon Head Glitch was being heavily abused, and so the forest was FULL of level 705's... No, not at all. A lot of equipment is far more viable then otherwise at this level, and so you see a far more diverse set of weapons used, as well as a lot more tactics. It was my experience that you could be just as scared of the handaxe as the washing pole, since both items did just as much damage. I fought several opponents that would change their entire setup on the fly because they didn't think their current setup could beat me. And yes, I had a -lot- of fun doing it. PvP felt a lot less stagnant, especially since the DWGR is generally ignored by opponents with 99 endurance.

I'm always happy when I find level 300+ forest hosts.
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Fri May 18, 2012 3:05 am

I agree, I think a better pvp level would be 200.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri May 18, 2012 3:09 am

In addition, reaching level 705 isn't as hard to do when killing a level 705 player gives you enough souls to shoot from 120 to 124.... again and again and again. I don't think PvP needed an official level, it would be better if people were just playing the game and letting PvP come as it comes.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Fri May 18, 2012 3:23 am

Maybe the PvP scene will change once the new content comes out.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri May 18, 2012 3:27 am

New content, whoo! I havent even had a character hit 120 yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am