Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
WorldSlayerPIKA
Serious_Much
Federally
FattyOfDoom
Ahhotep1
Jovias-86
Forum Pirate
Reaperfan
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Blazalin
BoilerFan8472
nsane32
ZikoLogiKa NL
ViralEnsign_
DxV04
SunlightCrusader
Medi_Pack
Shkar
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
DarkW17
Spurgun
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
28 posters

This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

Medi_Pack
    Medi_Pack
    Addicted
    Addicted

finest hour - This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion - Page 3 Empty Re: This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

Post by Medi_Pack Sun May 20, 2012 1:06 am

:O I need to prepare myself with some green blossoms.. Need to get more stuff done to like my armor.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

finest hour - This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion - Page 3 Empty Re: This shall be our finest hour: Painted World Invasion

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 3:06 am

I remember there was talk about how the lore would work if the nights won, since they can't just kill Priscilla first try.

How about her tail gets cut off when a Knight Oscar II or Isaac, in all probability) are fighting her and about to get swarmed by cackling Lifehunters (In all actuality, it would be Plagius with an elaborate series of mirrors). A last ditch maneuver takes off her tail and the knight retreats out of the painting.

Heck, she could even regrow it/get it healed if the lore demands it.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 20, 2012 4:02 am

Add every Gravesworn to the list of Participants. they can talk to me if they cant make it or want to serve with the lifehunters!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 am

by DoughGuy Today at 5:59 am

We use SL 70/80 because thats is the level range we co-op at. Thus some of us have toons there that we prefer to use. As well the lifehunters main invasion toons are SL 80 so it makes sense.

So can The Gravesworn participate with any character ranging from SL 70 to 80 ?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun May 20, 2012 6:02 am

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:
    by DoughGuy Today at 5:59 am

We use SL 70/80 because thats is the level range we co-op at. Thus some of us have toons there that we prefer to use. As well the lifehunters main invasion toons are SL 80 so it makes sense.

So can The Gravesworn participate with any character ranging from SL 70 to 80 ?

Judging from the regstered sl's and previous discussion I'm going to say probably. I think you just need to declare for the Lifehunters. I think the sl ranges are 70-80 and 120.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 20, 2012 6:39 am

Yup thats how we roll!

Auto BOTS ROLL OUT!

Donphan used ROLLOUT!
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sun May 20, 2012 6:47 am

well than i will just wait and see .,

if the majority plays at SL80 i will play at SL80 , if not ill be using my 120 , it's all good.

Last edited by ZikoLogiKa NL on Sun May 20, 2012 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun May 20, 2012 6:51 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Yup thats how we roll!

Auto BOTS ROLL OUT!

Donphan used ROLLOUT!

A transformers reference and a pokemon reference at once. You are officially my new best friend.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun May 20, 2012 6:51 am

Well we are allies after all an my one Gravelord toon i use most is both Lifehunter and Gravesworn so yeah. We essentially (the lifehunters that is) are the outcasts of the game not accepted into normal human society thus we ally under Prsiclla's banner.

Uh also Wyrm and I concluded that Nito and Priscilla must have some mutual benefits in allying explaining the appearance of bonewheel skeletons in the sewers of the Painted World (and yes I know that is a stretch but hey)
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun May 20, 2012 9:30 am

DoughGuy wrote:We use SL 70/80 because thats is the level range we co-op at. Thus some of us have toons there that we prefer to use. As well the lifehunters main invasion toons are SL 80 so it makes sense.

So do you recommend sl 80 or 70 or 75. I guess 80 would be better. I will keep my POLG out of it and just gravelord. But I am afraid in xbox sl 80 at painted is going to be slow. We will see :face:
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 5:20 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:We use SL 70/80 because thats is the level range we co-op at. Thus some of us have toons there that we prefer to use. As well the lifehunters main invasion toons are SL 80 so it makes sense.

So do you recommend sl 80 or 70 or 75. I guess 80 would be better. I will keep my POLG out of it and just gravelord. But I am afraid in xbox sl 80 at painted is going to be slow. We will see :face:

In regards to the above, does anybody mind if my Gravelord Lifehunter invades using red eye orbs instead of gravelords? I just spent like 1-2 hours gravelording at 80 in the Painted World, got in like 20 fights (only lost like 3 big grin), and only ever got invaded through my sign twice...

Things may be different for PSNers, but on XBL it's terrible like that.

EDIT: Yeah, people are deliberately ignoring my sign in order to invade as a Darkmoon/Darkwraith. I just fought the same darkwraith like 8 times in a row, and after like 4 times I asked him to use my sign to fight me, and he only did it twice (two other times as a darkwraith). Granted, I've fought several phantoms who were too high/too low (a level 1, and like level 110's), but most are near my level.

Going by the points system, I would be earning more points as a knight then as a gravelord, even while gravelording.
    Medi_Pack
    Medi_Pack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Medi_Pack Sun May 20, 2012 6:47 pm

To excited for this... It'll be great.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun May 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Oh, I did mean to add that gravelords that get invaded by reds/DMs do get points for killing them. I'll change that now. Viral I wont add the gravesworn just yet as I need SLs and consoles but I'll add in a thing saying "All Gravesworn" to the list.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun May 20, 2012 7:15 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Oh, I did mean to add that gravelords that get invaded by reds/DMs do get points for killing them. I'll change that now. Viral I wont add the gravesworn just yet as I need SLs and consoles but I'll add in a thing saying "All Gravesworn" to the list.

Oh, good. I may be able to compete by gravelording after all then.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 4:38 am

Firstly did anyone get the title referrence?
    Next time for some more lore!
    The Sentinel's Story
    Spoiler:
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 5:12 am

I updated the wiki events page with the first wars info.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 5:44 am

Oh oh put my lore in here yeah do it you wont.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 6:44 am

Farel Gharllen (adding some depth to the guy)
    Spoiler:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:05 am

"It was ten days past when the knights dragged me from my cell in the confines of the dungeons. They were rough, took my plate, my sword, and my ring. The bastards never gave it back, but I'll find them one day, not sure what I'll do but given my intent to serve this Oscar it had better not involve the blade of a sword.

They took me up, on the rotating spiral staircase, up to the secondary cathedral in which lay the largest painting I have ever seen. I was taken before the knight commander himself at the outskirts of the main encampment. To my surprise Lord BlackHall was there. He must have accepted the offer Oscar had lain before him.

I don't blame the man. The dungeons were dank and deep, who knew what horrors lay in the darkness that I didn't see.

The man, Oscar, a knight of my homeland was a sight to behold, polished armour, rondels forged in the shape of a lion and a dragon, and gorget inscribed with the mantra of the noble knights that served him. His cloak was a sable white, gold fibres interwoven into the fabric. He was as noble as the stories said. The situation was better than I'd feared but far worse than I had hoped.

He stood before me and asked why I wanted to serve him, why I, an oathbreaker, would want to serve him and follow his code?

I told him my tale, **** stained and sobering as it was. I told him why I left the order and why I forsook my lord commanders orders. He listened. Never said a word, not even a yawn or a gasp of horror at what I suffered at the hands of the Mages.

He just listened until I finished. Afterwards he took me by the hand, helped me to my feet and returned my gear to me. The ring was with it. No need for tracking them down anymore. He told me that if I served him in this war faithfully and lived to tell the tale he would see about absolving my sins and making me a Templar once again.

I said nothing. What more was there to say."

A torn excerpt from Templar Knight, Ser Letos' Journal as found in the Noble Knights camp before the Painted War.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 7:09 am

Into the OP it goes.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:18 am

Brilliant I like writing new lore. Permission to have Ser Letos and his swords make a sweep of the Mages hiding out in the Dukes' as a show of good faith.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 7:20 am

Knight Captain Medi and Elite Knight Sun shall accompany you. Just use those names for them. Eventually I'll have to get proper names for everyone.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:28 am

Lol you send your officers to ensure I do what I say. A smart man Oscar has proven to be. Prudence is what will keep your men alive when the war comes.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 21, 2012 7:32 am

They are also both from thorolund and both training to be Knights of Havel so they hate magic as much as you. They'll keep an eye on you but wont get in your way. And (depending on another knights decision) the foreboding in Farel's lore will show he doesnt always make the best choice. Cliffhanger!
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon May 21, 2012 7:39 am

God if they stop me bringing the mages to heel Justice will see that punishment is meted out to them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 am