Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
Naxek
Mr_Bungle50221
ublug
X-government-agent
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
mankind
xSomax
Gazman0169
befowler
Wilkinson3424
kountz
Elevander
The Once-Ler
3nvy
Buggy Virus
Serious_Much
Bioraptor
SlakeMoth
RNsunbro
ViralEnsign_
PlasticandRage
skarekrow13
Shkar
cloudyeki
mugenis4real
DoughGuy
Extertionist
31 posters

I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant

Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant - Page 2 Empty Re: I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant

Post by Bioraptor Wed May 23, 2012 6:03 am

DoughGuy wrote:The point is the picture shows there is something to it. Thats our starting point. We haven't gone any further yet though. They said it was best as it related to the story. As I said in my first post the pendant connects ideas. We've got one (the portrait) we just need to find the other.

I see your way of thinking.May be I was a bit narrow sighted.
    Where is this painting in Anor Londo by the way,would like to have a look?.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant - Page 2 Empty Re: I Have Found The Secret Of The Pendant

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 6:15 am

In the room that Siegemeyer waits outside of. if you want a pic Wyrmhero has it as his avatar. https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/u543
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 am

DoughGuy wrote:In the room that Siegemeyer waits outside of. if you want a pic Wyrmhero has it as his avatar. https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/u543

Thank you.

Do we know who this little girl is?.Or are we speculating.
    Also is that the pendant she is holding in here hand?.
    You have a keen eye my friend for spotting this....Kudos to you.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 6:42 am

Dont thank me, Im not quite sure who found it but I think it was either Wyrm or Skare. We believe its Gwyndolin though, as he was raised as a girl. The skirt could easily cover his tentacles if he had them at that age. The hiddenness of the room also implies it could havge belonged to him.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed May 23, 2012 7:23 am

DoughGuy wrote:Dont thank me, Im not quite sure who found it but I think it was either Wyrm or Skare. We believe its Gwyndolin though, as he was raised as a girl. The skirt could easily cover his tentacles if he had them at that age. The hiddenness of the room also implies it could have belonged to him.

Oh right I see,although it is logical to think it could be Gwyndolin as you said he was raised as a girl.
    The next question is where do we seek next?.
    As I would like to believe there is a secret behind the Pendant besides the DkS law.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 7:27 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2319p60-pendant-theories Starts at Skare's post. There was a lot of discussion.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed May 23, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have been a lurker here for quite some time and have read a lot of the posts in the archives. I thought people were unsure if she/he was holding a pendant or a talisman though?

Also Gwyndolin has tentacles? big grin
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 23, 2012 7:44 am

Yep, when he "stands" to shoot you with his bow take a look at whats holding him up.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed May 23, 2012 7:46 am

Seems like I didn't lurk well enough. (I tried posting this three times and nothing happened so sorry if it gets posted three times)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 am

My view is that it is simply what it says. It gives you fond memories. I feel that it is simply something that is a nod towards demon's veterans and it's nice having some memento on the game in the midst of the whole world wanting you dead.

It has no practical purpose though, I'll agree with you on that OP
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm

I also think we'll see a "use" emerge when the PC modders get their hands on the pendant..
    3nvy

Post by 3nvy Thu May 24, 2012 10:59 am

Bioraptor wrote:My personal opinion on this is that the Pendant is nothing more then a placebo.
    It is From just having a joke at our expense.

My thinking behind this is due to nothing being found.
    With the amount off people who have played this game and still do surely would have found the law or the secret by now if there was one?.

Again though I hope I am wrong and there is a secret behind this.......

That's not necessarily true. There are secrets in games that have gone unfound for years. I remember a certain Resident Evil game in which you had to search a desk 101 times, getting nothing but a "There's nothing interesting here.." the first 100 times, but finding a picture as an item the 101st time. That wasn't found for YEARS, and I have no idea who would go around clicking every "Search" in the game 101 times, but whoever it was, we need his dedication to find the Pendant's use! I would do it, but hell, I'm too lazy to even upgrade my Grass Crest to +15 big grin
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu May 24, 2012 3:56 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I've been saying this for the last month. It doesn't do anything. It's there to keep us addicted.

It may not have a purpose atm, but it could turn out to be a key or something to enter the DLC when it is released. There is something about past memories linked to it and the extra content in the PC version is supposed to contain a section where you go back and fight Artorius. It could end up being a bridge like the Sif ring was to the Abyss. Just a thought though.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 5:31 pm

The Once-Ler wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I've been saying this for the last month. It doesn't do anything. It's there to keep us addicted.

It may not have a purpose atm, but it could turn out to be a key or something to enter the DLC when it is released. There is something about past memories linked to it and the extra content in the PC version is supposed to contain a section where you go back and fight Artorius. It could end up being a bridge like the Sif ring was to the Abyss. Just a thought though.

That would be cool, but it wouldn't explain the pendant as it is now, which is probably just to show petrus.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu May 24, 2012 5:43 pm

3nvy wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:My personal opinion on this is that the Pendant is nothing more then a placebo.

With the amount off people who have played this game and still do surely would have found the law or the secret by now if there was one?.

That's not necessarily true. There are secrets in games that have gone unfound for years. I remember a certain Resident Evil game in which you had to search a desk 101 times, getting nothing but a "There's nothing interesting here.." the first 100 times, but finding a picture as an item the 101st time. That wasn't found for YEARS, and I have no idea who would go around clicking every "Search" in the game 101 times, but whoever it was, we need his dedication to find the Pendant's use! I would do it, but hell, I'm too lazy to even upgrade my Grass Crest to +15 big grin

That only works with secrets that have absolutely no kind of hint. People are just too good at searching through code for things like that now, two of the largest Halo easter eggs ever were found insanely quickly by this kind of search.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Thu May 24, 2012 5:45 pm

People have already gone through the Dark Souls code. I doubt there is anything big they missed.
    Elevander
    Elevander

Post by Elevander Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 pm

3nvy wrote:

It was 50 times, but yeah, read the ones in this link, some of them seem like useless/small crap, but it's fact that they were there that matters ^^ I loved the Batman one, but the Bond one kinda favors the non-believing side (as in, some "secrets" or "easter eggs" are nothing more than budget/time cuts, sadly enough).

The DK one really shows how far fans are willing to go for games they love, and in the end, if you're the kinda person that wants to put all that time and effort into a game, and you feel fulfilled when you find what you were looking for, it doesn't matter that no one else did or does I suppose =)

Basicly, love it or hate it, it is what it is, and people will do and think what they will =P

(This post basicly endorses both sides I guess, but that doesn't even matter lol )
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Maybe we've been going about all of this the wrong way. Maybe we've already found the secret of the pendant without realizing it. Has anyone tried going through the game and doing everything that's known to be possible without any pendants? Like saving Solaire, just as a theoretical example, maybe one of those events doesn't take place without having a pendant.
    kountz

Post by kountz Sat May 26, 2012 3:39 am

With this talk of "memories," I got to thinking, and has anyone looked into the possibility of save files from either dark souls or demon's souls interacting with each other game? Maybe check to see how the pendant is represented in the save file? Could be that there's a planned interaction between the save files of pendant owners and future games in the "series."
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Wed May 30, 2012 4:25 pm

mugenis4real wrote:The Pendant is just for trading, there's no deeper meaning, do people go looking for the secrets of Rubbish?
    No, but keep in mind the pendant is a starting gift, and if it really has no use like rubbish. then WHY was it a gift??
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Can the pendant be put in one of the use slots a la a firebomb? I didn't think so, but when I started a character with it as a gift I thought I saw it in a use slot on the character generation screen. When I started the actual game it was just in inventory again.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:22 pm

Is your avatar supposed to be king arthur from that holy grail movie by monty python befowler?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:25 pm

@Befowler it cant be put in that sort of slot.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:45 am

Wilkinson3424 wrote:Is your avatar supposed to be king arthur from that holy grail movie by monty python befowler?

Haha yes, it is Tim Curry dressed up as King Arthur. (And candidly it is how I think of Solaire.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm