Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
DxV04
Forum Pirate
Serious_Much
DoughGuy
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Zakkia
12 posters

Times have changed, and so must i.

Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Times have changed, and so must i. Empty Times have changed, and so must i.

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Hello everyone, Im a long term member since the beginning of this wiki, i have been gone quite awhile and only recently been on quite alot. Im curious if someone can give me an idea of the current user made covenants, who is recruiting, etc. Ive seen a ton and its just an overload of information. about 25 pages or so on some haha. Anyways, i would like to just have some guidance. Thanks!

Last edited by Zakkia on Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Times have changed, and so must i. Empty Re: Times have changed, and so must i.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat May 26, 2012 10:19 pm

No need to feel embarrassed, I've been around here a lot lately and much of that user-made covenant stuff just escapes me. silly I want to get involved but it's just so convoluted.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 10:20 pm

I know the POLG, Noble Knights, and Lifehunters are still around. So you can always message the leaders of those groups. Remember you can always just send a PM explaining this and I'm sure the leaders/members would be more than happy to respond and talk with you about it.

EDIT: By the way, it might be more beneficial to post this in the covenants section. silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Lifehunters are recruiting, they focus on protecting Pris, i.e. invading in the painted world.
    The Noble Knights are co-op focussed and mainly co-op in the lord soul areas. They are currently recruiting.
    The Gravesworn are Nito's servants. They gravelord all over Lordran.
    The POLG protect Gwyn and the lords, invading in their areas.
    Those are the most active ones.
    The Assassins of Vinheim are elite asassins. I dont know if they are recruiting atm but they are hard to get into.
    The followers of Izalith protect the bedof chaos, they invade in the demons ruins and lost izalith.
    The gods of the arena focus of gladiatorial combat, making it hard to win by using elee only.
    The Men in tights are elite forest hunters though without Tolvo they arent as active.
    The peddlers are organised giftwraiths.
    And thescions are an informal group of Artorias cosplayers.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm

(Apologies to admins, i meant to post this in the cov section.) The reason im having a hard time adjusting to this was that there are now leaders. It used to be just community volunteers. Now i feel like im a low ranking member coming back to an old guild where i used to be high. It kind of makes me distraught in a ways.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 10:26 pm

I know that exact feeling, and it's a bit odd but think of it this way. You also get to experience the joy of doing it again. Plus there are always people who might recognize you, or even groups that don't have a true rank. While it isn't active anymore for example the Men in Tights had a leader, and then every other member was on the same level. In fact the leader only brought up ideas and set guidelines, but everyone had their voices. I designed it in a very Knights of the Round table way. Hell, you could always try and start up your own group yourself. It seems a bit difficult but if you market it right and talk with the right people you can easily spring off the ground.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Zak, it's not that you've been demoted or anything, it's just some guys created their own covenant and assumed leader as it was their whole deal (though they just set out level, rules, equipment and organising etc), generally there isn't any hierarchy except the guy outlining the covenant lines, and that's all you should make one if you got another idea you think everyone would enjoy big grin

I'll be looking through the covenants in a week or so to decide which one gets my nod when I return to Lordran after my absence.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sat May 26, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Marketing is the hard part. AT one point we had like 20 but then half died due to a lack of members. I got lucky and had Tolvo to talk to in my thread which kept it near the top so people saw it. You could always join in the upcoming war just to get a feel of the new things.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, the reason was, is carphil, Acidic, and myself. were t he very first covenant wars and death. (forgot full name lol) it was gravelords vs knights of the white. thrown in with sunlight warriors etc. So, it just seems weird that i feel like its no longer community joints, but organized people who have requirements to get in? hell, we ere just asking everyone to join haha.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Well you could always just organize events like that then. See if people are interested, talk with covenants to see if they would join in the fight, message the moderators about a date and get the whole thing going.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 26, 2012 10:30 pm

I know zak, baffles me too but I'm sure there's something that takes ya fancy.

I think it's the whole roleplay thing going on with half these covenants, though I wont be joining one for that kind of spirit.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:30 pm

The requirements all really just about image. Because user covs corss covenants or are a specific group within a covenant they need to get recognised to get new members.
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 10:32 pm

I enjoy the roleplay thing, it gets me excited. what i dont enjoy is being a grunt to someone who created something where there are pre reqs. I mean, ive always been a knight of honor lost. Sort of dark faith in a ways. And i enjoy how people are coming out, i just feel we should have equals, as well as organizers. Not necessarily all powerful leaders that i must bend over for. However, i do like the ideas. I may create one myself, but since tehre are just so many i dont see the how that would work haha.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:34 pm

lol dont be worried about "bending over" for someone. We all know its a game, the leaders dont command people to do stuff. Ranks more represent your investment into the covenant.
    Of course having someone organise covenaant wars would be good. I've ben trying to get more people interested by starting wars and I think its working.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Dough, for someone who gives himself the incredibly ego-stroking title of "Grand Master of the Order, Guardian of the Wolf Grave Mr Doughboy Thaddeus III", I think thats a rather funny thing to say lol!
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 10:37 pm

All you have to do is appeal to everyone. Not specific covenants. Like just a fight, make an inspirational post etc. Make easy times, and easy dates. For the first wars, we made them 3 days long.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Zak, I just remembered you sold someoen short, the person who organised the first war was DxV, cook and car helped later on silly (just thought he was worth mentioning as the guy who pretty much single handedly brought the Gravelords to the fore in this forum)

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sat May 26, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Plus I could always post in your thread and help get people interested haha.

For some reason people seem to flock to threads I post in.

*Stares at Dough*
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:39 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Dough, for someone who gives himself the incredibly ego-stroking title of "Grand Master of the Order, Guardian of the Wolf Grave Mr Doughboy Thaddeus III", I think thats a rather funny thing to say lol!

lol Its just an amalgamation of all my titles. If you joined 3 user covs you get one like it too!
    @Zakkia The upcoming one is a day long. I'm kind of hesitant to get into a really large war atm cause our wars are really rp heavy and organising that many people is not something I'm ready for yet. I saw how yours had like 150 per side.
    @Tolvo silly
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Yea, and to be honest it was great. I had so much pvp activity it was ridiculous. sadly, some people didnt, that was due to the gravelord frequency. That is what is limiting the wars tho. you making it so, "narrow" in a ways. The best way to get people to join, is so they simply choose a side. And fight, and days dont matter, as long as they give u the results its good. Not everyone wants to play a specific way. In order to get more people you have to appeal to the way they want to play.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 pm

Ha, well I won't be a part of that many if I don't like them lol, I may just make a covenant when the first and only entry requirement is to give yourself a made up rank silly

Yeah Zak for me it was annoying since the only time I could get on, few people were there as it was like morning for most users, sad really sad

Last edited by Serious_Much on Sat May 26, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Now you're just copying the Men in Tights Serious.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Oh, is that your quirk Tolvo? I thought you limited it to forest hunters? silly

(btw, that shows how regularly i visit the covenant section happy )
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat May 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Forest Hunters, Darkmoon, Wraiths, and Sunbros. I was talking more so about made up ranks haha.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat May 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Ha, well I won't be a part of that many if I don't like them lol, I may just make a covenant when the first and only entry requirement is to give yourself a made up rank silly

Yeah Zak for me it was annoying since the only time I could get on, few people were there as it was like morning for most users, sad really sad

You really want me doubling the length of my title? lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 am