Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Rynn
cloudyeki
JoeBroski09
FinPeku
Tolvo
billy_bayonet
reim0027
dancash1808
MsCherryBlossom
TehInfamousAmos
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
martyrsbrigade99
17 posters

Brainstorming ideas for future Dark Souls commentaries

martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Brainstorming ideas for future Dark Souls commentaries Empty Brainstorming ideas for future Dark Souls commentaries

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 am

Hello all,

Currently, I am a Dark Souls commentator on YouTube. I'm looking for fresh ideas for future commentaries. If there is anything concerning Dark Souls that someone would like to get information about, please offer your suggestions. I would like to keep my commentaries both fresh and alive, while addressing topics relative to Dark Souls. Thanks, I'm looking forward to your feedback.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Brainstorming ideas for future Dark Souls commentaries Empty Re: Brainstorming ideas for future Dark Souls commentaries

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun May 27, 2012 11:11 am

I know you like doing the PvP stuff, but I really like hearing about the lore. Stuff like is the Darkroot Garden/Basin area the lost land of Oolacile is something that really interests me.

So just find something about the story that appeals to you and dig deeper into it, I believe it'd be fun to watch.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Brainstorming ideas for future Dark Souls commentaries Empty Re: Brainstorming ideas for future Dark Souls commentaries

Post by Serious_Much Sun May 27, 2012 11:49 am

Seeing as you prefer PvP things, I think you should stick to that, but perhaps do a commentary on the lack of variety in PvP and what could be done to improve it?

Give examples of how to break the mould so to speak, comment on the "usual suspects" and "Min/maxer" equipment that you see a lot and different builds and equipment that could freshen up the whole PvP scene for everyone.

I'm sure everyone would be interested in something that aims to be so different.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun May 27, 2012 11:56 am

I would tell you ideas for the future comms that I will plan on doing - but I can't give away the secrets can I winking Haha but I honestly don't mind - perhaps freshen it up with discussing some real life matters? Do some series so the audience gets to know you a bit better, if that doesn't feel right for you then possibly say about what fromsoft could do in the next souls game, I see that you have your making a build series. That is pretty interesting, hmm aye but I would like to hear a bit more about your life, it will build a kinda connection between you and your subscribers.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sun May 27, 2012 12:23 pm

I personally would like to see more PVP vids like the old ones. The honor dudes series was my fav of all. Though most controversial especially here it was the best.

As for something new id agree with serious much on his idea.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun May 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Perhaps an important / interesting things in each zone series? I have not seen a comprehensive video guide of such things and it seems to me like that could work well.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun May 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Have you done a short video series showing all the shortcuts in the game?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 27, 2012 12:39 pm

or maybe a series on how best to deal with 3v1 situations? i quite enjoy spawning into a fight like that cause it really pushes me to the best of my skills
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun May 27, 2012 1:41 pm

^^ Along the lines of that, how about a Forest PvP series? Cover hosting, invading, and white phantoms.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun May 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Forest PvP videos are a bit too common, if I could record I would make those but really there are far too many of them at the moment, but if you do that sort of PvP often enough it's still entertaining just a bit common.

You could maybe do a silly video. Like seeing how far you can go running in a mad dash, no gear from one side of the world to the other. No heals, no attacking or defending yourself just dodging. The Running Man you could title it. Though I might suggest doing this with the bosses already dead.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun May 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Forest videos are common, but I've never seen one with commentary. Videos designed to show different strategies (not just describe what's going on). For example, you want to demonstrate a certain technique. You invade only using that technique, or setups to do that technique (and not just describe it during a fight).

I don't know if that makes any sense at all. If there are any videos that have commentary like that, I'd love to watch them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun May 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Haha Reim that was something I've actually made using a camera, but I can't put it onto my computer sadly.

If you do decide on a forest video you can check with me or the Glory of Alvina people, it is our homeland and we know it more than anyone else on the forum.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun May 27, 2012 1:54 pm

@martyrs

What covenant do your toons usually join?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun May 27, 2012 2:35 pm

How about a series on advanced PvP tactics. Parries (going over timings for all weapon types, setups, partials, second R1, etc), counter BS, dead angles, Leo counters, etc?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun May 27, 2012 4:08 pm

I'd like to see some instructional videos of the strength based weapons. Everyone knows how to mash r1 with zweihander but it doesn't work against better players. It could include some tips about using dead angles which is probably one of the pros of str weapons.

I think strength weapons are hard to use since they're so easy to punish so it would be nice to hear some tips about them happy
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun May 27, 2012 4:24 pm

reim0027 wrote:Forest videos are common, but I've never seen one with commentary. Videos designed to show different strategies (not just describe what's going on). For example, you want to demonstrate a certain technique. You invade only using that technique, or setups to do that technique (and not just describe it during a fight).

I don't know if that makes any sense at all. If there are any videos that have commentary like that, I'd love to watch them.

Too bad that I deleted about 42 videos. All of my Darkroot oriented vids covered commentary explaining a range of topics that included, defining backstab fishing, avoiding being "one-shotted" and a host of other topics. I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm in Darkroot.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun May 27, 2012 4:25 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:or maybe a series on how best to deal with 3v1 situations? i quite enjoy spawning into a fight like that cause it really pushes me to the best of my skills

That's a good idea. I just might do that, thanks!
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun May 27, 2012 4:27 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:@martyrs

What covenant do your toons usually join?

Darkwraith. Very rarely do I join the Blades of the Darkmoon. I was thinking about becoming a gravelord servant, but the wait seems kind of too long. I like a lot of action, similar to Darkroot.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun May 27, 2012 4:28 pm

reim0027 wrote:How about a series on advanced PvP tactics. Parries (going over timings for all weapon types, setups, partials, second R1, etc), counter BS, dead angles, Leo counters, etc?

Well, I already did a parry video. In case you didn't see it, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YQ1TdfV_ZU
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun May 27, 2012 4:34 pm

LOL, that is the video I'm already downloading. Small world.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Sun May 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Maybe read forumpirates thread on "the gear and why it is." Really interesting thread.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun May 27, 2012 4:48 pm

A pvp vid explaining good use of movesets! I love when a guy with a BKGA keeps swinging at air because I backstepped.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun May 27, 2012 4:55 pm

reim0027 wrote:LOL, that is the video I'm already downloading. Small world.

Sure is...lol!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 27, 2012 5:51 pm

I'd like a video pertaining to spells. If you ever use them, you seem like you might have some tips on better using them XD.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun May 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Come to think of it yeah, I haven't really seen many videos detailing spells outside of videos just detailing general glitches. That would probably be very useful to many people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am