Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
mugenis4real
RANT
omega Elf
RagingDragon_69
WyrmHero
Extertionist
barrywilkins
11 posters

6 hrs spent in the forest

barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

6 hrs spent in the forest Empty 6 hrs spent in the forest

Post by barrywilkins Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:32 pm

and a total of 5 battles won. ive been facing the all too predictable 3 giants combo..how in the name of all that is good is a guy in wanderer clothes supposed to defeat that?
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

6 hrs spent in the forest Empty Re: 6 hrs spent in the forest

Post by Extertionist Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:36 pm

3 Giant's combo?
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:45 pm

3 guys, all in giants armor with the moonlight sword, spamming r1 until they get a laggy hit and then proceed to mosh pit over your corpse.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Hornet Ring and a buffed weapon is the only thing I can think of. I have not visited the forest yet, but I suppose that OHKO builds are the law of the day.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Tactics.

Don't play their game, play your own. When I invade gankers I use any and all tactics to win or to atleast take a couple of them with me. Use the forest mobs to your advantage. Also don't be afraid to run, the whole point of the giant combo is to farm invader souls. So drag it out. Run around the forest, use the short cuts. And eventually you will either recieve help or they will split up and try to cut you off. This will allow you to get a 1v1 for a short amount of time. So make sure you take them out quickly if you have the chance. Also I would up your poise to atleast 56 to prevent stunlock from MLGS. Less than 56 poise in the forest is just silly imo.

And if they really piss you off jump down to the basin from invading in the forest, they will have no choice but to either follow you taking huge damage from the drop or for them to stay up top and let you take up one of their invasion slots, effectively slowing down their ganking. And if you message a fellow invader to drop down with you you can effectively kill off thier ganking as you will have 2 of the 3 invasions slots full. Killing off a gank is a win in my books.
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:40 pm

get high vatility and whenever you take damage flip around behind a tree with your back to it and heal with a devine or humanity (divines are the best anti ganker tool ever), use a ohko weapon such as lightning zweihander +5 + hornet ring to take them out with a bs, i usually just take out the phantom and then screw around with the host to practice my parrying, just do this and keep healing until he jumps off the cliff lol
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:42 pm

like raging said, do not play their game because you will lose every time, run around wasting their time and hide and crew around with them they hate that which will result in hateamil which is hilarious.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Change your gear :roll:
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:09 pm

it might just be today, but i feel like literally nothing i do lets me not get backstabbed. i swing and miss with my katana, backstab. i run up to them, backstab. i start running after backstabbing one of them. backstab. i backstab them, BACKSTABBED. hell, its getting to the point where i dont even have to be near them to be backstabbed.

i've encountered the full arsenal of dbags today. twop spammers, guys who literally camp at the gate where darkwraiths spawn, tanks with 3000+ hp who estus chug like its a hot summers day. dragon bow bsers, wotg spammers, people who take up slots with friendly forest hunters. don't even get me started on the moonlight greatswords magic ability to hit multiple times.

i'd love to try tactics. unfortunately, half the time i can't even move before i've already been smashed into the ground.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Read both the current and Archived "For the Glory of Alvina" threads and come out kicking some "A."

sometimes

Speaking of Mosh pits.....my favorite forest tactic is to let them see you (hint: they'll all be at the stairs) and then zig zag (this is important) all the way to where you would pick up the eastern armor. The cliff with four trees is nice and can help make things even but by zig zagging you can activate many more trees. 3v1? Nope. 3v9. Even if they can kill the trees they can't focus on you and they will get separated.

Nothing more satisfying than trees using the host's head as a tetherball.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:20 pm

To expand on Skare's pet ents, there are 8 active ents that are out of the ground, and 4-5 buried trees. 3 on the far right against the stone walls that you can activate by sticking along the wall, and I think it's a pair near the entrance to the bridge to the basin.

If you have them ALL attacking use that as an opportunity to start picking off the phantoms, as they'll either focus on the ents and leave themselves open, or focus on you and get smacked by the ents.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Yeah, my post was from a real victory I was recalling in which the phantoms were cut off from the host and died easily. Then the host was surrounded by trees to the point where he couldn't move. I estimate I had eight trees helping me on that one but who knows. I wasn't stopping to count. All I know is when all the host can see is green and it's not friendly it's funny for me.

And yes, they are my pets. The new DLC trailer shows the close relationship between trees and scarecrows.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Double post super fun time!

Or.....it's insanely funny to hug the cleric hunter if he's still alive and let him heal you. Campers often react in dramatic ways to that. I've had guys who completely detached from fighting me and tried to off the cleric first. Yeah......turn your back to the guy with the Great Scythe.
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:13 pm

barrywilkins wrote:and a total of 5 battles won. ive been facing the all too predictable 3 giants combo..how in the name of all that is good is a guy in wanderer clothes supposed to defeat that?
    You could make them fall off a cliff. big grin big grin big grin 8)
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    SlayerOfThe4Kings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlayerOfThe4Kings Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Just go into the forest and near the entrance should be a ledge for you. When they invade you just use WoG to push them off. Better yet, You can even use fire storm
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:31 pm

barrywilkins wrote:and a total of 5 battles won. ive been facing the all too predictable 3 giants combo..how in the name of all that is good is a guy in wanderer clothes supposed to defeat that?
    carefully, most people who gank can only do the same thing if you force them to actually think they will make a mistake, i thrive on 3v1's now they push me to the limit of my skill in this game, im guessing your rocking no poise? kudos to you be quick be fast make the host use there estus flasks, and above all else be a badass!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:42 am