Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
FruitPunchNinja
martyrsbrigade99
Majikero07
reim0027
billy_bayonet
dancash1808
Extertionist
nsane32
bloodpixel
WyrmHero
DamageCK
mugenis4real
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Motopsycho
18 posters

Is the Estoc a cheap weapon / tactic for pvp?

Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is the Estoc a cheap weapon / tactic for pvp? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Estoc a cheap weapon / tactic for pvp?

Post by Motopsycho Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:43 pm

martyrsbrigade99 wrote:
    Motopsycho wrote:I keep getting messages about how non-manly it is to poke with the estoc. Like a lot today, and Idk, i never thought the Estoc was a cheap weapon, like say.. BKGA.

I mean i get way too much hate mail, about flipping ninja ring, or havels armor, great club, poison washing pole. And Im hosting in the burg, so i think fine, suppose to be a place where you face less the gankers, and duel more, overall more fun.

So I change equipment, for these dudes. Now I run in light gear, no flip ring, no katanas. Just Estocs.
    But the mail just doesn't stop.

Is there anyway to please these people? Is the Estoc a cheap weapon / tactic for pvp? - Page 2 3358384175

All of this action was done with the Estoc. You tell me if this looks "manly" or not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJNv7ekl7Q
    to be fair... that music can make even little baby bunnies look manly
    \m/
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is the Estoc a cheap weapon / tactic for pvp? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is the Estoc a cheap weapon / tactic for pvp?

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:46 pm

to be fair... that music can make even little baby bunnies look manly
    \m/
    [/quote]

Nice...lol!
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:04 pm

God I love montages...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:35 pm

hey martys making posts, cool. i just started watching your videos recently. i agree this is another one of those situations where people got pissed from getting ohko by a rapier user so it was deemed cheap/op. i like using rapiers but i just hate not being able to kick. i think i prefer the estoc move set over the other pierce swords, but rapier is by far the most viable in my opinion. its nice to have both to confuse enemies as to how much range your weapon has, sometimes they wont notice a switch from a rapier to a estoc if you dont go crazy switching them every two seconds. there are more viable combos, but we all know anything can be viable with the right person in control.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Any idea what happened at about 2:08 he backstabbed you but you stayed stood up....
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:17 pm

That just happened to me. Got BSed by a host and took all the damage but skipped the animation, only to be immediately BSed by a phantom. Two instant backstabs. It was dirty.
    mofomey
    mofomey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by mofomey Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:39 pm

i got a message from someone who chain bs'd me with a BKGA + hornets, saying, they did that because i had an estoc and its for backstabs and they knew thats all i would do...
    i nicely informed them i had a BSS and it only does about 500 dmg on a BS so i usually dont bother.. GG? lol

but it seems maybe in general folks have bad vibes toward estocs....??
    so no you cant make everyone happy, especially when they are at the pointy side of an estoc... just have fun and watch your back...or join FC
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:43 pm

i get why people would think people with rapiers would only bs becasue most people do that but imo it is really easy to parry unless they hae more lag than usual. i was in the burg yesterday and i sent a guy a gg which he replied that he was surprised i didnt bs because i had a str weapon(DGM) so i guess rapiers and big weapons have a bad rep because of people that all they do is bs.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Erm. mail breaker/bandits knife is more backstabby than estoc. although I keep my estoc as a secondary I think they are really ignoring the real power of it... Its not a dedicated backstabbing weapon at all.
    sadly it looks like. good person uses weapon. to kill someone that person assumes its because of the weapon
    dwx

Post by dwx Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:28 pm

I get hate mail when I use Velka's Rapier to nickel and dime some guy flipping around in Havel's armor with a BKGA. I play with very little poise so if he connects one shot I'm pretty much dead from stunlock, so it's not like it takes no skill to effectively use the rapier. They get frustrated when they can't get a hit in, that's when TWoP and WoG come out.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:35 pm

If you can effectively whittle away at the HP using only R1 attacks with a rapier, you earned it. Especially under those circumstances. That's pro.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Problem is, it gives them plenty of time to switch off their modem >.>
    but yes. very much respect for those who can reliably and competently roll around whittling a full havels down. the risk is when they just stand there and counter you as you come in in my experience.
    SmittyRomps
    SmittyRomps
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SmittyRomps Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Maybe its not your tactics but how gracious you are in your win. Do you bow? if not it could be why people are *****. Excuse me if im wrong, but ive fouught you before, in the burg, and something left me with a bad taste. Bad enough for me to recognize your name, and that doesnt happen often
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:29 pm

dancash1808 wrote:Any idea what happened at about 2:08 he backstabbed you but you stayed stood up....

...lol, I don't know. I've seen that before, but it's VERY rare.
    Motopsycho
    Motopsycho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Motopsycho Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:21 pm

SmittyRomps wrote:Maybe its not your tactics but how gracious you are in your win. Do you bow? if not it could be why people are *****. Excuse me if im wrong, but ive fouught you before, in the burg, and something left me with a bad taste. Bad enough for me to recognize your name, and that doesnt happen often
    That depends on the opponent. I don't bow at the begging, unless i recognize the name, and know he/she is worth bowing.
    But if i get someone spamming Wrath, or chain bs, or healing, then i don't bow if i win. And go all out cheap on them too.

But if it was a fair, honorable or not fight, I bow if i win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 am